PDA

View Full Version : triumph foot clutch

B
08-18-2009, 2:11 PM
im makin my trophy jockey shift and ive been trying to figure out how to make the foot clutch. anybody have any pictures/ideas of foot clutches on trumps?

payupcycles
08-19-2009, 10:21 AM
i once saw one at the david mann show in ventura that powerplant choppers had made. try to email them to see if the have any pics

ElPaintero
08-19-2009, 11:53 AM
There is a kid I've met at a few runs/shows that has one on,I think,a Bonnie.The clutch part ain't so hard,just fab up a pedal and run your cable over,It's the shifter that I'm not sure of.He has a hurst shifter handle on his and it's on the left side.I think he ran a rod from his gear box through the frame to the left side.This may not help you much but if I see him I'll look closer and take a pic.

p.s. I've got a stick on mine but it's strait off the shift lever.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8166/sspx0450.jpg

B
08-19-2009, 9:15 PM
thanks p.u.c.
i already know exactly what im doing for the shifter part. the hard part is mounting the clutch pedal.

diggerdigzit
08-26-2009, 3:46 AM
this is how we did mine and it works sweet, we made a bracket up to get the shifetr on the other side. Not glamourous but works as good as any other I have riden. hope it helps. We just took the clutch lever off the bars and adapted it, a bit of tig welding and job done. http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb273/diggerdigzit/footclutch.jpg

Gent
08-26-2009, 5:44 PM
this is how we did mine and it works sweet, we made a bracket up to get the shifetr on the other side. Not glamourous but works as good as any other I have riden. hope it helps. We just took the clutch lever off the bars and adapted it, a bit of tig welding and job done. http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb273/diggerdigzit/footclutch.jpg
What do you have holding the cable housing in place so that when it pulls the cable the housing doesn't move?

MadMike
08-31-2009, 5:36 PM
i was thinking about this as well, there is a hydraulic clutch conversion setup that would be interesting to see done with a foot pedal/floorboard. just an idea so far, haven't seen it done yet either.

63truimph
09-07-2009, 7:42 AM
heres mine it works great

juicybruce
09-15-2009, 9:07 PM
i cant believe i dont have a better shot of this. perhaps res high enough to zoom in. have cable outer held by adjustable cable stop to fwd controll while pedal rotates with cable inner attatched. i opted to have a right foot klutch , the jockey shift is also right handed. in order to have a dedicated limb on the throttle (tried letting go of throttle to shift and found awkward) i made the throttle work backwords a mounted on the left. just dident make sense to make three controlls cross over to the opposite sides when i could easily make throttle left handed and fukkit, the foot klutch was more difficult to adjust to anyway. this is why i drive lefthanded suicide, i call it riding "stranger". your foot is much stronger so you can make klutch springs tighter for less slippage.
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac187/juicybruce911/newpics018.jpg

Lowie
09-01-2010, 5:11 AM
Im doing the same type of thing,I have seen it somewhere but cant find it,What im going to do with the gear lever is come back to the rear engine mount then go through to the left side with a rod to have a jockey shift on the left (I think),then if there is room take the rear brake the same way to the right hand side,this is just guesswork at the moment,as Im still waiting for my new rear end to arrive,for me its still in the planning stage Im thinking it will work but if not Ill just try something else,my main problem will be with the clutch because I dont want forward controls and that might give me some leverage problems with the stock foot peg position but Im still just thinking out loud,see ya,Lowie.

Speedfiend
09-01-2010, 9:53 AM
I've done similar set ups for foot clutchs and cable pull rear brakes. Cut the slot part off a hand lever and welded it to a sleeve. Then weld a tab for the cable stop.

It s also important to make a return stop and even more important to make a stop at the end of the cable pull range. You leg is stonger and might rip the end off the cable. it just needs to pull like 1/2" ya know.

fightclub
09-03-2010, 2:15 PM
check out lc fabrications bsa bike, that has the nicest cleanest set up i have ever seen .

http://www.lcfabrications.com/bee-liner-tech.shtml

Hepcat13
09-07-2010, 10:20 AM
that set up is smooth. I also really dig that they converted the oif to a gas tank.

fightclub
09-07-2010, 12:42 PM
I have seen this bike up close at Smoke out and at easyrider show. Attention to detail is off the charts

recycler
02-14-2011, 8:04 AM
Been considering converting my T100 to jockey shift. Its a light, nimble bike which I am told is perfect for jockey shift. I've never ridden one but been told its a blast.
I was thinking of using the hand lever from the bars on a left side shift lever for hand clutch and shift in one place. Any body have any experience with that on a brit?