PDA

View Full Version : GSXR Motors... because Fuck it they're fast....

SHPWRK
02-18-2015, 3:59 PM
I've got a project rolling based around a 96 GSXR 1100 motor. It's my first full build. I've got a custom frame in the works and I've got a pretty good hold on the basic mechanics, but I'm just throwing it out there to see if anyone has any experience or advice in dealing with this motor and its wiring.

wasted
02-18-2015, 11:39 PM
My Gr is almost finished for now, and it looks like I bought another titled Gr frame. I'm planning to take the motor from my 91 1100 gsxr.
Wiring is pretty much the same as every jap bike from that era. Get a wiring diagram and see what you need and what you dont. Do you have the original wiring for the gsxr?

deathmetaldan
02-19-2015, 5:37 AM
im sure if you look around you will find lots. Making sport bike choppers is a big thing in the uk, so the info is out there for sure.

SHPWRK
02-25-2015, 11:22 PM
I still have the original wiring it's just pretty gnarly from the last "owner"

Hotel
02-26-2015, 7:57 AM
Question on yall doing this with gzxr motors and such. Id imagine most of yall are keeping it softail for traction?

21guns
02-27-2015, 3:16 AM
Screw traction nothin says cool like long burn outs and poppin wheelies on a rigid

wasted
02-27-2015, 3:30 AM
I was planning a hardtail. There's not too much traction anyhow. My gixxer has 4 inch swingarm extensions and with a cold tire it spins the tire on first gear no matter how easy you go on the gas, I can go through to third gear just by pumping throttle, no need to use front brake. I'd love to do that with a hardtail frame haha.

KeysRyder
02-27-2015, 9:16 AM
Question on yall doing this with gzxr motors and such. Id imagine most of yall are keeping it softail for traction?

Back in the day, I used to strut my gsxr drag bikes. Very common back then. The older oil cooled motor would be better I would think, curious how your going to do the radiator on the 96 motor, going to use stock or custom?

KeysRyder
02-27-2015, 9:20 AM
I was planning a hardtail. There's not too much traction anyhow. My gixxer has 4 inch swingarm extensions and with a cold tire it spins the tire on first gear no matter how easy you go on the gas, I can go through to third gear just by pumping throttle, no need to use front brake. I'd love to do that with a hardtail frame haha.

Know what you mean, first time I rode my busa stretched found out same thing. But when I started running the soft michelin tires it was great, it would even hook on my 10 over turbo 1000 on the street