PDA

View Full Version : cb650 straight pipes?

zachpc2
02-17-2015, 6:11 PM
So I bought some baffles for my pipes but upon cutting into them it turns out there's a second pipe on the inside. Wasn't expecting that. Any ideas on an alternate baffle? Or maybe thoughts on pulling out the inside pipe? If that's even possible at this point

Westboundbiker
02-17-2015, 9:21 PM
So the inner pipe is what actually carries the exhaust gasses. You won't be able to remove it. You can weld the two together at the end, weld on a piece of straight exhaust large enough to fit your baffles in, and put the baffles in that. Not the prettiest solution, but a solution nonetheless.

zachpc2
02-17-2015, 9:31 PM
That's the thing. I don't have a welder

dylanjoseph29
02-17-2015, 10:52 PM
Do u have to have baffles? Can't u cut the mufflers and run open headers/straight pipes. Gona have to rejet but without welding that all I can think of

zachpc2
02-17-2015, 11:03 PM
Not sure, I've always heard the CB's need at least a little back pressure. I'd like to go with lollipops but again, no welding rig. And I could theoretically have some made at the local shop but I'm trying not to spend more money than I have to ya know

Mocnyang
02-18-2015, 12:00 AM
How big would the pipe be if you cut the mufflers off fully, they make drag baffles for different size pipes, or buy a smaller piece of pipe that fits inside and make your own baffle. Drill holes in lines on the smaller pipe and bolt inside the bigger pipe with 4 bolts.