PDA

View Full Version : Battery

bonestock3
11-29-2014, 2:22 PM
sure they're a dime a dozen but i need a new one and don't have much cash... theres this on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Maintenace-Performance-Replacement-Maintenance-KMG/dp/B00JH250NO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1417292412&sr=8-3&keywords=2003+shadow+vlx+battery

but ive never heard of this and wonder of its quality.. anyone care to opine or send me in another direction? thanks looking to get it today near NY, NY

BuddhahoodVato
11-29-2014, 2:32 PM
You get what you pay for, $26.00 bucks for a battery, is a bit less than what I would expect.
Good luck either way.

bonestock3
11-29-2014, 2:50 PM
You get what you pay for, $26.00 bucks for a battery, is a bit less than what I would expect.
Good luck either way.
nah i think ill just wait for the next pay cycle and get something better. What do u know about gel batteries

EVILBLACKSABRE
11-29-2014, 3:21 PM
Just last month I replaced the stock battery that came in my 2003 Honda Sabre (I bought the bike new). That battery lasted almost 12 years and I only replaced it because it was getting weak. I should mention that I've ridden that bike almost every day since I bought it (except for a ten month period when I was in jail), I live in socal with no freezing winters, and I didn't run any accessories off the battery, so all of that likely contributed to the battery's long life.

That stock battery was a Yuasa YTX14H-BS. I bought the same battery to replace it, $93 at a local shop.

BuddhahoodVato
11-29-2014, 4:49 PM
Now there is some sage advice, YUSA has worked for me for lost of bikes. Once again figure out your COLD Cranking Amps need..
Just last month I replaced the stock battery that came in my 2003 Honda Sabre (I bought the bike new). That battery lasted almost 12 years and I only replaced it because it was getting weak. I should mention that I've ridden that bike almost every day since I bought it (except for a ten month period when I was in jail), I live in socal with no freezing winters, and I didn't run any accessories off the battery, so all of that likely contributed to the battery's long life.

That stock battery was a Yuasa YTX14H-BS. I bought the same battery to replace it, $93 at a local shop.

tomsoftail
12-02-2014, 10:24 PM
Batteries and Bulbs Plus has a good battery that generally outperforms stock Harley batteries. I think the two year replacement warranty is positive as well.