PDA

View Full Version : Fishscale how to paint job?

oldschoolsoldier
08-17-2009, 8:38 PM
Does anyone have a good how to on doing fishscales? I have searched the internet but cant really find a step by step. Any help will be appericated.

kingdeadbeat
08-18-2009, 7:33 AM
-Draw a line on poster board
-Use a circle template to draw circles on the line
-cut the circles (half way,to the line)
-use either of the stencil to spray along(depending on preference)

use either an air brush, or for another way, an accurate spraying rattle can, duplicolor has good tips on thier cans

sure
08-18-2009, 8:41 AM
depending on how wide of an area you plan to spray you can use note cards(they make different sizes) the get your self some of those dot stickers(normally colored) found in the office supply section..line them up on said note card and start spraying in half the time of cutting out and risking a ragged edge...

smokey469
08-18-2009, 11:39 AM
That's pretty cool sure, never thought about doing it like that

BlueMoonKustoms
08-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Yeah I like to use circle stickers stuck to the cover of an old phone book. It's almost impossible to cut out a perfect circle by hand. I need to shoot some scales on a couple helmets in the near future. I'll take some pics and post em up.

oldschoolsoldier
08-18-2009, 1:55 PM
Yeah I like to use circle stickers stuck to the cover of an old phone book. It's almost impossible to cut out a perfect circle by hand. I need to shoot some scales on a couple helmets in the near future. I'll take some pics and post em up.

That would be awesome thaks!

AustinPaul
08-18-2009, 6:53 PM
I am painting some tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Halwade
08-29-2009, 8:43 PM
I am painting some tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Thanks in advance for shooting the how-to, Paul. What's it gonna take to get you out to SoCal Nov 13-15 for the Slab City Riot?

Doubleclutch
08-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Yeah I like to use circle stickers stuck to the cover of an old phone book. It's almost impossible to cut out a perfect circle by hand. I need to shoot some scales on a couple helmets in the near future. I'll take some pics and post em up. I tried that with the stickers and it would work fine if you can find a rattle can that wont spray the paint on heavy. You got to mist the edge of the sticker so when you go to the next row of scales there is not allot of paint already put down. I would use a air brush for the project.

oldschoolsoldier
10-18-2009, 9:15 PM
I ran across this article this weekend....dont rememeber whosblog I snaked it from sorry....

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg124/glockanator/fish.jpg

ed
10-19-2009, 5:45 AM
pictures are worth a thousand words! thanks so much for posting that. helps my visual mind out alot.

eliwolf6
11-15-2009, 2:29 PM
that was pretty nice, wouldn't be a bad book to come across,, paints always a bitch for me