PDA

View Full Version : missouri title question/title but no stamp on frame

cutthroat
11-05-2014, 5:42 AM
So I have this fellow but the Sportster project says the motor is 77 and the frame is 84. He says he has a clean title but the frames never been stamped idk what the hell is going on with this thing.He says frame was never stamped Maybe he means mso?We have only textd & it's going slow. My 67 the motor goes with the title I know after 70 the title goes with the frame.So can I get an Mso or buy an aftermarket frame idk what to do here. I'm getting the bike like the last one I had questioned about the same way trading body work for it.
So its a good deal for me even if I have to look around for a titled frame.Im sure I can find one. I Think I know where 1 is for a couple hundred.But if I can use this frame I would like to.Any ideas?

bobscogin
11-05-2014, 7:56 AM
Any ideas?

Just one. Run away!!

Bob

TheWhiteDevil
11-05-2014, 11:02 AM
If you decide to pass on this. Pass along his ad? Local missoura guy as well.

OleDirtyDoc
11-05-2014, 1:35 PM
What year is the title?if its the same year as the motor. you could probally get a new framewith an mso.but you need to find out if the frame with thosr numbers isn't registered somewhere.ask the seller why he is selling it and has he registered it..id be a little leary.

farmall
11-05-2014, 3:38 PM
I'd trade bodywork for it (you know how much or little bodywork you want to do) but I'd verify what paperwork goes with what before cutting a deal.

You can always part it out which is often a way better deal with old junk.

Turn bodywork into parts, make parts pretty, Ebay parts, accumulate Dead Presidents, use Dead Presidents to hunt a big twin instead of another Ironhead, be happy.

cutthroat
11-06-2014, 12:24 AM
UOTE=TheWhiteDevil;634585]If you decide to pass on this. Pass along his ad? Local missoura guy as well.[/QUOTE]
No ad homie but if you pm me or email I can pass along shit I pass oon . Luckily my trade brings the type of customers who usually have projects sitting around &there usually looking 2 sell em 2 fund what they bring 2 me so I get a lot of offers, I get jap bikes from gold wings to ninjas offered, but I pass on em all.Not enough guys call with hds or the British stuff.
But I do get ALOT of leads on bikes.As I'm quick flips

cutthroat
11-06-2014, 12:33 AM
E=OleDirtyDoc;634611]What year is the title?if its the same year as the motor. you could probally get a new framewith an mso.but you need to find out if the frame with thosr numbers isn't registered somewhere.ask the seller why he is selling it and has he registered it..id be a little leary.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. .I think he's going to bail on the deal last night I asked him for info on the bike and He quit texting.