PDA

View Full Version : Knucklehead frame

wolfsden
10-30-2014, 7:30 AM
Will an inline springer fit and work well with a knucklehead 30 degree bull neck frame? Or will it on work with an offset springer?

BuddhahoodVato
10-30-2014, 8:20 AM
Both will work, just depends on how skillful you ride, by that only a real purist would notice the difference.
Offset springer's where only used on 46 and 47 knucks.
Enjoy. Lucky boy.

DustyDave
10-30-2014, 9:51 AM
The offset Springer was a band aide that Harley used until the frame could be changed. The advent of 16" tires increased the rolling resistance enough that occasionally a heavily loaded bike would develop a wobble. So unless you are gonna garbage it out with period correct tires should diff no makerance.
Dusty

BuddhahoodVato
10-30-2014, 1:42 PM
Interesting, never read it summarized as such. good jale Cowboy.
The offset Springer was a band aide that Harley used until the frame could be changed. The advent of 16" tires increased the rolling resistance enough that occasionally a heavily loaded bike would develop a wobble. So unless you are gonna garbage it out with period correct tires should diff no makerance.
Dusty

wolfsden
10-30-2014, 5:53 PM
I heard it would develop a wobble at higher speeds. I plan on building a chop with repo 16 inch star hubs front and rear I already have a repo inline springer and might be able to get my hands on a v-twin 30 degree bull neck knucklehead frame for a real good price but not sure if i should buy the frame if it won't ride well with my inline. the v-twin catalog says that that frame works with an offset springer.