PDA

View Full Version : The Real Deal Dick Allen Memorial Biker Build-Off

Smiley
10-22-2014, 2:07 PM
Mike (Fass Mikey) Vils and Dick's daughter Darcy are putting together an incredible Build-Off so if you're interested in participating in a 'Real' Old School build-off go to the Chopper Handbook site for the so-called 'Rules' and then drop me a message. This is going to be a hardcore thing with not only building but riding cross-country so it's got to be fun for anybody who enjoys punishment on two fronts.

LINK INSERTED HERE: http://www.chopperhandbook.com/
>>>>>
(from the website)

Update Oct. 20, 2014

Darcy Allen and I drove down to Austin to talk with Jesse James about an upcoming project but unfortunately Jesse was to busy to see us. It just so happened however that we did get a chance to talk with Mike (Fass Mikey) Vils and had a chance to reminisce about Dick Allen.

Mike proposed that we put together an 'old school' type Biker Build-Off that he's calling "The Real Deal" and it'll involve a lot more than just bolting on store bought parts to a store bought frame.

We decided that the 'official' name of the event will be "The Real Deal, Dick Allen Memorial Biker Buildoff"

We'll be posting more details as things progress but we've already got TV and sponsors calling so it looks like this just might come together. Click HERE to see the tentative 'rules' for the Build-Off. Email me immediately if you want to get a bike project enrolled in this event. Time is of the essence. Builders may get sponsor compensation but no guarantees at this early point in time.

Allen
10-24-2014, 10:42 PM
Darcy was just here a month ago. Very interested in this project/build idea (?)

Who's Darcy? HERE (http://ladyhump.blogspot.com/2014/09/everyones-heard-of-dick-allen-but-did.html)

Smiley
10-25-2014, 7:18 AM
I don't know what her handle is at some of the places she visits, usually Darcey with an 'e'. Were you at the 'party'. I think this idea came out of that get together where folks talked about starting Dick's 'Great Race' all over again. Vils was one of Dicks riding buddies and now mostly just does the Canon Ball on his old antique.
(I see you in the snapshots)