PDA

View Full Version : Any body got 125 g's I can borrow for the next century

number1son
04-28-2010, 8:08 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-Built-Motorcycles-Chopper-VANILLA-GORILLA-WEST-COAST-CHOPPERS-JESSE-JAMES-CHONGO-BLANCO-REAL-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c5417267dQQitemZ19038 9364349QQptZUSQ5fmotorcycles#v4-29
This is the bike that started it all for me.
When i was a kid I was around bikes till I was about ten and always carried an interest in owning one, but as I became an adult it looked as though you had to be fourty five and loaded to have a decent bike, so I gave up.This is the bike that turned it around and got me hooked on the lowbuck homebuilts even though it is neither. It was on the cover of the horse mag in 03 or so. I have the issue still,( I am to lazy to look for it.)Within six months I had saved four grand and bought my first bike, which was a respectable v-star but I was on my way.

I had seen all the t.v. shows and was not interested in those bikes,but I was interested in the early monster garage series so when I saw that issue. I was interested just because it said Jessie James on the cover and had that interesting looking bike, but upon purchasing it and reading it. I realized that there was a whole different world out there Where people were more interested in having a good time, than proving how fat their wallets are.

So whats the bike,person ,book,or magazine that turned you on to this crazy way of existing between the world of the Squares and the R.U.B.S.

rus
04-28-2010, 10:45 AM
crazy way of existing between squares and rubs? people honestly still call each other squares? i thought that was some 60's shit like 'groovy'. im so glad that ive never once looked at someone on a bike and given a shit why they were riding it. i cant imagine a bigger waste of time.

i saw a dude next to me at a stoplight couple years ago. he was riding some stripped down homebuilt hardtail. it just looked so simple and awesome. not like the barges you see on the road, or the fancy bullshit on tv. it was just a bike built for riding. i thought it looked like fun on so i got a bike and started cutting pieces off.

dalebfast
04-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Why would you want that over-priced evo? Because that one guy built it? Big fucking deal. I got more respect to the person who builds their own bike. Anybody can buy one....

Just sayin'...

aephilli
04-28-2010, 11:40 AM
Mileage: 3,500 miles

THE BIKE WAS OWNED AND BUILT BY JESSE JAMES. THIS WAS HIS PERSONAL BIKE FOR MANY YEARS.

I thought he put more miles than that on it on camera

aephilli
04-28-2010, 11:42 AM
[QUOTE=number1son;58519.

crazy way of existing between the world of the Squares and the R.U.B.S.[/QUOTE]

I thought RUBs are squares who dress up like bikers?

aephilli
04-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Oh, and I forgot, here you go- gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggggggggggggggggg - 125 gs, don't worry about paying me back.

1JUNKMANWV
04-28-2010, 11:54 AM
the bike that did it for was tim condors silver bullet in easyrider in like 97 or something. no paint and no seat, moon oil tank mounted up high and a halibrand rear wheel. shit was crazy ,

number1son
04-28-2010, 12:08 PM
I am saying it as a joke.I was simply asking what lit the fuse for you to take the less traveled road of building bikes that you acually ride and not just put a bunch of chrome on an overpriced stocker and ride it once a month.
It's was a nice bike, expecially considering the shinier the better,that was king at the time,though.

I was trying to convey that it's what got me to realize what I think it's about, and that it's funny that it was a bike many thousands of dollars more expensive, than the bikes I thought I could never afford.Which for example was a fitter that I worked with's roadking ,that every time we worked in a place near a dealership he would go in and spend Two to three hundred dollars on chrome parts and covers.Sorry, I wasn't born knowing what's totally bad ass and had to find out on my own, being that in the area I live, I still very rarely see another bike being ridden that's not complete with shiny leather suits and crash bars.

And as a side note I called my v-star respectable as a joke because it was stock and safety tested(before someone calls me on that.).I called people squares as quick way of saying those that don't ride and can't imagine why we do.I didn't know people still said "dude"much less use it for avatars either, unless it too is used in irony.

Not trying to be a bitch about it, but I guess I should have worded it better.

SMChewy
04-28-2010, 12:12 PM
What got me into it? Always wanted one since my pops passed when I was 12. He was a 1% and eventually gave his life for that damn rocker. I guess it made me always want to find out what it was all about (the bikes, not the clubs). So not one bike. But I can show you the bike that made me decide to get a Ironhead (rode rockets years prior to getting one). I give you Caca Pasa, from French Kiss. And in my opinion this thing looks way better in patina than JJ's.

http://frenchkiss.nashmotorcycle.com/wp-content/gallery/bikes/9.jpg

number1son
04-28-2010, 12:13 PM
Oh, and I forgot, here you go- gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggggggggggggggggg - 125 gs, don't worry about paying me back.

I am only gonna offer 80 gs because of the soft economy so I'll probably be able to give you some back.THANKS!

SMChewy
04-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Couple more pics. Damn I love this bike!

http://frenchkiss.nashmotorcycle.com/wp-content/gallery/about/13.jpg
http://frenchkiss.nashmotorcycle.com/wp-content/gallery/about/12.jpg

oldmansporty63
04-28-2010, 1:38 PM
i will give you the 125 g's, but you have to take it in pennies. (i knew there was a way to get rid of my penny jars....hehe) now, back to watching SOA.

aephilli
04-28-2010, 3:03 PM
I am saying it as a joke.I was simply asking what lit the fuse for you to take the less traveled road of building bikes that you acually ride and not just put a bunch of chrome on an overpriced stocker and ride it once a month.
It's was a nice bike, expecially considering the shinier the better,that was king at the time,though.

I was trying to convey that it's what got me to realize what I think it's about, and that it's funny that it was a bike many thousands of dollars more expensive, than the bikes I thought I could never afford.Which for example was a fitter that I worked with's roadking ,that every time we worked in a place near a dealership he would go in and spend Two to three hundred dollars on chrome parts and covers.Sorry, I wasn't born knowing what's totally bad ass and had to find out on my own, being that in the area I live, I still very rarely see another bike being ridden that's not complete with shiny leather suits and crash bars.

And as a side note I called my v-star respectable as a joke because it was stock and safety tested(before someone calls me on that.).I called people squares as quick way of saying those that don't ride and can't imagine why we do.I didn't know people still said "dude"much less use it for avatars either, unless it too is used in irony.

Not trying to be a bitch about it, but I guess I should have worded it better.

Didn't mean to sound like I was raggin' on ya. Just having a grin.

I have no idea what is badass, just know what I like. Stock don't fit me and I'm too broke to afford a nice bike even if it were comfortable.

turtle
04-28-2010, 3:17 PM
I understand the fasinatiion by the citizens of the world with JJ but that's as far as it goes. My feeling is all that is a circus...lots of people love to go to the circus....except the freaks,they live there. Hey I been a biker since before it was cool,back when it caused great hassles and pain to us who lived the lifestyle. Now that I am older the lifestyle has mellowed a bit,but I'm still a circus freak that is not amused by the circus. I a great respect for all those who not only talk it but they walk it. There are a lot of real bikers out there,independent...honorable...accountable...and lovers of Life. I love life too much to waist 125g on a bike. I'll chop my own and spend the 120 k that would be left over to enjoy this life....If I had it. Just my ravings on the subject.

Nicko
04-28-2010, 5:02 PM
I have been into bikes since the late 70's...which sounds scary to admit. I think Denver Mullin's style got me into it...There was a cool little shovel/pan in the centerfold of easyriders that finally got me...I can see the bike in my mind clear as day....and I am still stuck on the same style 32 years later....not sure if that is good or bad, but hey, I'm consistent!

kromsucks
04-28-2010, 5:18 PM
my dad got me into chops he always brought home the horse and easy riders (yes ive been lookin at bikes and tities in easy riders since i was 3 years old hahahaha)

number1son
04-28-2010, 8:42 PM
Didn't mean to sound like I was raggin' on ya. Just having a grin.

I have no idea what is badass, just know what I like. Stock don't fit me and I'm too broke to afford a nice bike even if it were comfortable.

I don't mind a good ragging,it was just that Ifelt the point that I was trying to make was being lost. I don't believe anybody would spend that kind of money for what the bike is and I was using it to illistrate,what originally got me to pick up the magzine.That got me to realize what I'd been missing.
My dad was a club guy who I'd only met a couple of times before he died .I know that because when I was five or six he took my mom to court for custody and when things didn't go his way he began screaming" the fucking Gypsy were going to come for me."You cant imagine the thought I had of people with horses and carts storming my front yard to kidnap me. when I started going to bigger event's I would see a club with Gypsy in there name and put two and two together.Also my mom always insisted that I never join a club when she found out I bought a bike, eventially I asked her.
while I was young we lived with my grandfather and there was many a morning I would be awoke at five a.m.to him bitching about a scoot being on our side walk a few feet from the front door,making it difficult for him to get to his car for work,lets just say I had few "uncles".So I'd been around it for a little bit while I was young but had giving up on owning one because all I'd seen in my adult life was a supervisor at my first adult job talking about how he had to wait eight months to buy a seventeen thousand dollar Fatboy.Then a few years later when I was an apprentice, I worked with a guy that not only did he spend a small fortune for a bike he also constantly talked about the thousands of dollars he'd spent tricking it out to keep up with a guy that lived down the street from him.
So I was just curious what makes other people do what they do.If you look at it for what it is. what would make someone ride a homebuilt bike when their are thousand of other bikes better designed than a stock harley much less one thats chopped.Money is always a factor,the look
is a factor the feel is a factor and Iam sure its a pride factor.And probably a million others.

Plus I am pretty bored being out of work, I don't watch much T.V. at least Iam learning how to type again after not typing since seventh grade.Sorry it's at the expence of any of you fuckers reading this.

me
04-28-2010, 9:35 PM
well i'll probley get some shit for this...and honestly i still love the bike even though it ain't me...but it was really 2 things that made me wanna make something wild and myself. first was david manns painting "carnaval" absolutly love that painting and got a print of it in my garage...the other is what i'll be ragged on for....

ready??????

yeah its a occ bike ... i hate myself... the david man tribute bike was/is so bad ass to me...made me wanna make some crazy shit in my garage

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery%20%20A/-OCC%20David%20Mann%20Bike%20%201.jpg

willythepirate
04-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Im sorry but David Mann would stab out his eyeballs with a plastic spork if he ever saw that bike

CRFyou
04-28-2010, 11:38 PM
i think david mann would kill the children of a thousand planets if he saw that bike.

and i would help him.

Revelator
04-29-2010, 12:01 AM
"first set of FU pipes" Big F'n deal.

Steze
04-29-2010, 12:37 AM
how is that bike worth 125k, maybe it should be 12.5k

jwhite
04-29-2010, 8:52 AM
That is IMO, one of his cooler bikes, for what it's worth. Fake patina and all. But I could give a shit about it personally.

But that price is ridiculous I paid less for my house.

RIPshitRIOT
04-29-2010, 11:11 AM
A lot of people talk shit because of the TV drama bullshit and the high prices, but the dude builds some bitchin' bikes.

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/jessejames80/CFLII-kiehls11.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_aY_xPgkgrpo/ShcGNsfnyHI/AAAAAAAACes/EM3l2wxyHag/s320/james-hetfield-motorcycle.jpg
http://www.contemptclothing.com/images/blog-MAGIC-06.jpg

Would I pay anywhere near what people want for these bikes? Not in a million years, but they're still pretty fuckin' cool.

me
04-29-2010, 12:55 PM
fuckin LOVE that golddigger bike

reverendpk9
04-29-2010, 7:20 PM
My grandfather hooked me at three or four with my first ride on his 65 electra glide. Marbeled blue with this wild pearl flip a buddy seat and white accents. But when I found a pic of him durring wwII in england on a stolen army indian(he was navy) he had "bobbed" so he could smuggle it on and off his ship when in port. I knew just what I thought a bike could look like.

53rigid
04-29-2010, 8:28 PM
Here is what got me hooked. When I was in high school, I worked at Pendleton Woolen Mills unloading trucks of wool for clothes. One of the guys who worked there was a Hells Angel who rode a fucking cool as hell 64 pan chopper. He would leave the parking lot with the back tire smoking for 10-15 feet. damn I loved the sound of that. Doug, if you are around, THANKS!

MadRiverMoCo
04-29-2010, 9:50 PM
Item title: Item title Custom Built Motorcycles : Chopper (opens in new window or tab)

Your offer price: US $15.00

Terms: --

Shipping and handling: Check item description and payment instructions or contact seller for details.

Deposit: The best offer price is lower than the deposit price.
Payment methods: PayPal, Money order/Cashiers check, Cash in person.

By clicking the button below, you commit to buy this item if the seller accepts your offer and terms.

We may review your additional terms to help detect and prevent fraudulent activity.

oldmansporty63
05-02-2010, 4:01 PM
Item title: Item title Custom Built Motorcycles : Chopper (opens in new window or tab)

Your offer price: US $15.00

Terms: --

Shipping and handling: Check item description and payment instructions or contact seller for details.

Deposit: The best offer price is lower than the deposit price.
Payment methods: PayPal, Money order/Cashiers check, Cash in person.

By clicking the button below, you commit to buy this item if the seller accepts your offer and terms.

We may review your additional terms to help detect and prevent fraudulent activity.

were do i click? for $15, i would by it.

Sawbones
05-02-2010, 5:00 PM
I got started riding BMX and dirt bikes as a kid here in MN and in CA. When my buddies and I used to talk about our "dream rides" everyone else wanted some tricked-out Lambo or a muscle car or something. I was always known as the kid who was going to have a vintage ACE or Excelsior Henderson.
I remember one of those buddies of mine who ended up working as a wrench for a dealership here asked me one day "When are you gonna get your motorcycle?"
After that it was like a switch was thrown. I started looking in Cycle Trader at first for these Pro-Street $20G bikes, thinking if I saved up for five years and had a steady job I could start financing one.
But then the more I got into it, the more all those bikes looked soulless to me. Same with a lot of the people involved with the building/riding of them. It seemed like there was a lot of posturing and one-upping involved and that not a lot of people were just having fun.
That was about the time they really started to get popular too. All of a sudden West Coast and OCC products were in every fucking Wal Mart and gas station, every skill crane at every Perkins or rest stop of every lost highway in America.
I rode some stock Hondas and Yamahas in between. Then I made friends with an old Graybeard who's been wrenching on bikes and sleds for decades. He has all kinds of shit in his garage that I'd give my left nut for. Anyway, the stars were right one day and this dude had an Ironhead on Craigslist that wouldn't run, but he needed cash for. I picked it up and brought it to my buddy's house. We've been working on it ever since.

voivod
05-06-2010, 11:01 PM
I like ur bike ...BUT raise ur money ...any got 80k (yup uk money
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1954-Vincent-998cc-Black-Shadow-and-Steib-S-501-Sidecar-/170481705094?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item27b1806086

WHich I like ..

or 250K
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FERRARI-D-O-H-C-MOTORCYCLE-UNIQUE-OPPORTUNITY-/170415702965?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item27ad9143b5

which I dont...but would like to have enuff money to even THINK about buying :)