PDA

View Full Version : What about alternate brands of bikes?

BigNate
08-17-2009, 3:34 PM
Like Hyosung, Qlink, these korean and taiwanese bikes?

Tankred
08-17-2009, 4:31 PM
I've heard some noise about the Hyosung bikes. A magazine I was thumbing through had a feature about some new 650cc cruisers, and the Hyosung got some pretty high marks, ranked above the other bikes in that article. As for Qlink, I've never heard of them, so I'm curious as well.

JohnnyTremendous
08-17-2009, 5:28 PM
I've been eyeballin' the Johnny Pag - Bar Hog as a possible bike for my wife and the occasional in city blast.
http://www.johnnypag.com/motorcycles/bobber/index.php
But for the money, I'm more likely to just find an old Honda Rebel or something and do some customizing instead.

JaySco
08-17-2009, 5:28 PM
For the low price and warranty of regular alternates (Honda, Kawi, etc), I don't see the point of going with an unknown. Look at Korea's cars, DaeWoo, Kia, etc.., all disposable brands.

eightthirtysixcc
08-17-2009, 5:36 PM
For the low price and warranty of regular alternates (Honda, Kawi, etc), I don't see the point of going with an unknown. Look at Korea's cars, DaeWoo, Kia, etc.., all disposable brands.

Funny... thatís what all the folk used to say about Japans product: " disposable".

Taiwan makes very good product because almost all the the major manufactures there make bikes for the big 4 in Japan and Italian Piaggio. Tooling and quality control is on par with the land of the rising sun.

kromsucks
08-18-2009, 1:47 AM
buy american while you stil can

nickle
08-18-2009, 1:58 AM
Kias are far from disposable these days.

justin666
08-18-2009, 2:04 AM
gotta say i'm not a fan of those Qlink motorcycles. everything i love about motorcycles is covered with plastic crap.

MB
08-18-2009, 2:50 AM
I saw one the other day - Pagstar.... I think? Was in a workshop at a dealership - had hit a gutter? Fork tubes were soooooo bent.
Looked too weird - like they just melted. Only first post but I'd stay clear.

Motorradfahrer
08-18-2009, 11:13 AM
gotta say i'm not a fan of those Qlink motorcycles. everything i love about motorcycles is covered with plastic crap.

Never heard of that brand before you mentioned it. I completely agree. Lots and lots of plastic on those bikes.

ChoppyGee
08-18-2009, 7:05 PM
start steal'n specs make the replacement parts. you'd be in the industry doing a great service to people who got fucked and you'd be your own boss.

BADDA BING

motoguru
08-18-2009, 8:34 PM
does anyone know the name of a euro brand that is curretly making legit moto-x and supermoto bikes? i came across them a few weeks back, and now i cant find a damn thing anywhere...

jpswino
08-19-2009, 8:20 AM
You can pick up a RUNNING cb750 and bob it for $500. So why screw around with mopeds and minibikes? Hondachopper baby!!!!!

hhhmmm? I guess you won't be wondering what I build and ride. ahahahaa

edward
08-19-2009, 8:39 AM
i've got some recent experience in regards to some of the build quality out of taiwan. i bought a used 2008 kawasaki KLR 650 earlier this year. nice bike to beat the crap out of and they have tons of followers. it's not kawi's flagship bike but it's just sub par. the welds on my 1970 z50 were better than those on the KLR. the wiring and fasteners were junk. this is not some fly by night company, it's kawasaki. in 10 years taiwan may be the next japan but until then....

i now hear that some of the newer triumphs are being made there.

there's is a happy ending. a guy on craigslist wanted to trade his 2001 KTM duke 2 and $800 for my klr. done deal!

eightthirtysixcc
08-19-2009, 9:03 AM
You can pick up a RUNNING cb750 and bob it for $500. So why screw around with mopeds and minibikes? Hondachopper baby!!!!!

hhhmmm? I guess you won't be wondering what I build and ride. ahahahaa

You can? I haven't seen a 500$ 750 in years...

NaK
08-19-2009, 9:19 AM
You can? I haven't seen a 500$ 750 in years...

They are rare at $500 but I have found a couple running for that. You can how ever easily find one for $1,000-$1,500