PDA

View Full Version : New Beer Review

TemeculaTerry
04-25-2010, 9:14 PM
For you beer snobs - Green Flash West Coast IPA

THE GLASS BOOT (http://theglassboot.blogspot.com/)

jonnyrtn
04-25-2010, 9:20 PM
Is that close to PBR?

altshovel
04-25-2010, 10:32 PM
Don't like IPAs too hoppy. I like the pilsners from chermany and checkoslavokia sort of close in style yet better. Heineken is disappointing after tasting it in the nederlandes, and that was 40 yrs ago.
I like the Firestone Double Barrel but not the Firestone Light Ale. FWIW

Coco
04-26-2010, 2:40 PM
Not a huge IPA fan. I'll pretty much knock back anything out of Belgium except for that Stella swill. Corsendonk Pater, Kwak and Rochefort 6 are staples around my place.

I'll look out for that IPA around here since I'll try anything once. Doubtful I'll be able to find that up here though.

justinspace
04-26-2010, 3:59 PM
Not a huge IPA fan. I'll pretty much knock back anything out of Belgium except for that Stella swill. Corsendonk Pater, Kwak and Rochefort 6 are staples around my place.

I'll look out for that IPA around here since I'll try anything once. Doubtful I'll be able to find that up here though.

ipa's kick ass. i havent meet one i dont like.
single wide ipa
siera navada
ohh yea.....

TemeculaTerry
04-26-2010, 4:09 PM
IPA is a pallet thing, it takes time for the pallet to mature to get used to the bitterness, but once it does there is no turning back.

oldmansporty63
04-26-2010, 5:42 PM
IPA is a pallet thing, it takes time for the pallet to mature to get used to the bitterness, but once it does there is no turning back.

does that mean the older you get, the more taste buds die? food for thought........... :)

TemeculaTerry
04-26-2010, 7:48 PM
I didnt know maturity had anything to do with age! food for thought........: )

IPA is an English Bitter that has been over hopped, used and invented by the British soldiers during the occupation of India and Asia due to the lack of refrigeration and the natural preservative properties that hops have to offer.
Reborn in Cali and now a favorite among beer drinkers. sometimes too harsh for the average light pale or pilsner drinker but like I said its from the lack of maturity of the pallet.
Some of the finest beers made as well gold medal winners are of the variety of the IPA. American Pilsner - NOT!
No, it not close to a PBR, I know it was a joke! although I do distribute PBR and find that out of the American Pilsners maybe one of the best around, but to my dismay, more often than not it is not a beer enjoyed by many, just a hipster cool guy thing to swill so they can keep up with the joneses -

Sawbones
04-26-2010, 8:26 PM
Actually, and I say this with all due respect, I find that there are two kinds of IPA drinkers in regard to palate experience.
The first is the one who knows and can discern between the different flavors of malt beverages, can give you an approximate alpha acid content of a hoppy beer, may even be able to tell you what strain of hops are used. Okay, maybe that's a little overkill, but essentially someone who has been around the block with beer and knows their way around an IPA.
The second is a novice palate who can only taste hops because they are often the strongest note. These drinkers seek out hoppier and hoppier beers because they haven't really learned to taste a beer for anything else.
Lately, with the American resurgence in craft brewing, it's pretty common to find drinkers who can tell you all about Hop Devil, Hopslam, and Maharaja, but they know absolutely nothing about Belgians, appropriate seasonals, spontaneously fermented beers, blends, hybrids, lambics, etc.
I don't want to come off as a snob, but I guess that's kind of the point of craft brew tasting right?
By the way, I love a good IPA and I generally hate pilsners.

TemeculaTerry
04-26-2010, 8:33 PM
Your right sawbones, I was the same at one time, and truly there is nothing wrong with only being an IPA drinker, never the less your post is mainly the reason why I started my blog, hopefully some will have the chance to learn a bit from it.
As for craft brewing, I believe it is good for the dude whom wants to learn to make beer, make his own beer and enjoy his own beer, it doesnt always have to have a definition or meaning behind it, some dudes just like to do stuff to see how it works - nothing more...
Please, if you haven't taken a gander at my blog please do - and enjoy some of my reviews...

Sawbones
04-26-2010, 8:43 PM
I haven't actually and I'll do so now...

I speak from experience actually, as I fell into the hop trap when I started tasting. I guess I have a bit of an excuse though, since I live in Minnesota and all our signature beers (Summit, Surly, Rush River, etc.) and popular guest beers at local pubs are incredibly hoppy.
Also, I totally agree that there's no need to box a beer in with definitions. I homebrew and there's really no "style" associated with "oh shit I let the barley sit at the bottom of the wort tank and now it's partially charred."

Sawbones
04-26-2010, 8:48 PM
Holy crap dude, I just realized that on your blog you have a picture of the bike I was looking for in this thread (http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3910)!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_X6yDsdl5vT8/S8CRHLzdM3I/AAAAAAAAAIg/HGymvrE-dKw/s1600/022.jpg

By the way, what are some of your all-time favorite brews?

ditto
04-27-2010, 5:41 PM

IPA is an English Bitter that has been over hopped, used and invented by the British soldiers during the occupation of India and Asia due to the lack of refrigeration and the natural preservative properties that hops have to offer.
Reborn in Cali and now a favorite among beer drinkers. sometimes too harsh for the average light pale or pilsner drinker but like I said its from the lack of maturity of the pallet.
Some of the finest beers made as well gold medal winners are of the variety of the IPA. American Pilsner - NOT!
No, it not close to a PBR, I know it was a joke! although I do distribute PBR and find that out of the American Pilsners maybe one of the best around, but to my dismay, more often than not it is not a beer enjoyed by many, just a hipster cool guy thing to swill so they can keep up with the joneses -

so true Terry! Funny true story on PBR - my OL doesnt drink much at all, and especially nothing like PBR (old stigmas are hard to die) but one evening I had a twelver chilling in the garage and I decided to pour one into a pilsner glass and bring it inside to try it out on her - Told her it was heinekn Light (mind you this was before Heineken light even came out!) and she downed that motherhumper like it was sweet gold!

IPAs are better though!
Werd muthafuckahhhhz

TemeculaTerry
04-27-2010, 8:39 PM
By the way, what are some of your all-time favorite brews?

Man, thats a hard question...

I guess GUINNESS is an all time favorite, cant ever go wrong that that creamy brew - love that shit more than god - really!

Right now I have a thing for Pliney the Elder by Russian River Brewing, better known as Blind Pig Brewing by the more traditionalists. So fricken good I cant wrap my head around it...

Steen Bruge is my favorite Duble right now from Belgium, I mean shit its the patron saint of beer very own brewery, maybe the best Duble I have ever had...I love it and would drink it everyday if I could.

Another thing Im crazy about right now are sours and me think the best in the world is a Rodenbach Grand Cru - so damned good and opened my eyes and another level of appreciation.

Then Ballast Point Big Eye IPA - Great
Ballast Point Sculpin IPA - fucking Great
Blind Pig is wonderful
I cant get it right now but Dog Fish Pumpkin, maybe the best brown I have ever had.
Green Flash has a beer that they made with another brewery, its a great Belgian style triple that you cant buy, only drink in house at the brewery and it is great, sort of an amber / little hoppy triple - crazy smooth.

So many, its sooo hard, but the top four are what Im nuts about at this very moment.

altshovel
04-27-2010, 10:32 PM
I'm 60 years old, my pallet developed before you blinked into the world. It's a matter of taste, there is a bitter threshold for me buddy! I'm not into Keystone either.
Who made you the Beermiester of the world??

altshovel
04-27-2010, 10:43 PM

This implies that you have no taste unless you can 'like ' an IPA. You are a 'immature' inexperienced drinker if you do not. Thanks, I've heard the history too, and it does not mean that it is not a distasteful beer in my book. If you enjoy it that's fine but don't tell me I'm not 'cool' or I'm ignorant if I don't care for your favorite brew. Unless you are some beer Nazi! I've had plenty of time and plenty of beers and I've never stuck to one, because my taste changes as I age and my mood fluctuates.
My mood tells me you are full of yourself.

TemeculaTerry
04-27-2010, 11:20 PM
This implies that you have no taste unless you can 'like ' an IPA. You are a 'immature' inexperienced drinker if you do not. Thanks, I've heard the history too, and it does not mean that it is not a distasteful beer in my book. If you enjoy it that's fine but don't tell me I'm not 'cool' or I'm ignorant if I don't care for your favorite brew. Unless you are some beer Nazi! I've had plenty of time and plenty of beers and I've never stuck to one, because my taste changes as I age and my mood fluctuates.
My mood tells me you are full of yourself.

To reply to your first post - Ahhh, I started the thread - remember! What makes me a biermeister is that I have been in the beer industry for over ten years as well making my own beer for over 20. I work and hang with some of the top brewers in the country as well a broad on a regular basis, I happen to know a little bit, not everything but still learning everyday and get paid for it.
You dont have to agree with what I think is good, I think allot of beers are great but though definition of what I think is good and what is truly good comes though knowledge not personal taste. There are many beers out there that I know are great beers, but non the less cant stand them due to personal taste, simple as that.

I dont ever remember saying you were not cool if you dont like my beer, I also dont ever remember saying that you are an immature inexperienced drinker, nor that you are ignorant - check yourself bro....

Hahahaha - the only thing my mood tells me is that your a 60 year old assshovel....

Sawbones
04-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Don't like IPAs too hoppy.

Come on altshovel, you should know when dealing with proper beer snobs, this isn't going to cut it. Here, let's try that again, shall we? From Modern Drunkard:

"Seems its pompitude has been finely demastered in a congenial sort of way, yet its essence disambiguates the fustification of its mischarateristics to the degree I wonder about the referentialability of the primal dewortnicity, if I may paraphrase famed beer critic Baron Von Troutenmyer." (http://www.drunkard.com/issues/01-05/0105-beer-snobbery.htm)

They have the Hop Head covered too:

"The power-crazed Dr. Frankenstein of beer snobs, this wretched soul has descended so deeply into the pit of snobbery he has convinced himself that the vile liquid (he will call it something akin to Super Duper Black Cherry Berry Power Porter) he concocted in his basement is not only non-poisoness, but superior to the stuff it took monks 50 generations to perfect. One caveat: the longer and more grandiose the title of his obscene creation, the more likely it will be good for poisoning the rats in your cellar."

Not a dig on anyone, just trying to clear the air a little.

ditto
04-28-2010, 12:08 AM
i dunno, i was gettin thirsty with terrys 'pinions could be cuz the fridge is empty tho but I gotta put my foot down somewhere. its Murphys over Guinness - maybe im biased due to logistics of the two, but its a smoother mug o chocolate milk

your reading a thread critiquing beer - uh, isnt that like the point of beer snobbishizzlery to have strong bias and opnion? fuck people keep up!

Qball318
04-28-2010, 1:29 AM
I am dying for some Guiness on tap! I need to knock back some pints in a bad way.

Sawbones
04-28-2010, 9:19 AM
You guys know they put isinglass finings in Guinness right? Isinglass is dried fish bladders.I love Guinness too, but I try to get the word out about that whenever I can.
On a similar note, my uncle is a staunch Miller Lite drinker, won't drink anything else. I absolutely cannot drink that shit, it gives me an allergic reaction that leaves me feeling like crap for days. I always wondered what it was about some beers, mostly American-style lagers, that do this to me. PBR does the same FWIW. Eventually I found out about all the other ingredients the brewery uses for fining, foaming, and coloring their beers that they aren't required to list or report.
One day I was reading an article about all the non-beer shit they put in Miller Lite (propylene glycol, bone char sugar, etc.) and I told him about it. His reply was, "must be what makes it taste so good!"

Coco
04-28-2010, 10:35 AM

The only IPA I can find around here is Alexander Keiths and that stuff is swill and some crap the local micro brewery does and it tastes like soapy water. Next time I go out of town I'll hit a decent beer store and see if they have any good IPA imports I can sample.

Coco
04-28-2010, 10:41 AM
You guys know they put isinglass finings in Guinness right? Isinglass is dried fish bladders.I love Guinness too, but I try to get the word out about that whenever I can.
On a similar note, my uncle is a staunch Miller Lite drinker, won't drink anything else. I absolutely cannot drink that shit, it gives me an allergic reaction that leaves me feeling like crap for days. I always wondered what it was about some beers, mostly American-style lagers, that do this to me. PBR does the same FWIW. Eventually I found out about all the other ingredients the brewery uses for fining, foaming, and coloring their beers that they aren't required to list or report.
One day I was reading an article about all the non-beer shit they put in Miller Lite (propylene glycol, bone char sugar, etc.) and I told him about it. His reply was, "must be what makes it taste so good!"

I get headaches form run of the mill beer and won't drink any US or domestic brand name stuff, except for Rolling Rock when I can get it since you can't buy it up here in Canada. Our domestic stuff like Molson and Labatt's is shite.

steffan
04-28-2010, 7:33 PM
I can't stand any of the domestic pilsners and lagers. Its like drinking piss water. I like beer with texture and flavor. I just tryed red hook mudslinger. Its a nut brown. Delicious! As I'm typing this I'm trying Tap Room brewing co No. 21 amber ale. Its pretty good. Its pretty full flavored. I don't know enough about beer to tell you what I'm tasting but its almost IPA tasting. Almost belgian.
On another note I really don't understand the PBR thing. I havnt found a beer worth drinking that comes in a can.

TemeculaTerry
04-28-2010, 8:38 PM
Yeh, most of them are pretty bad, from the depression four breweries emerged from the chaos - thats it. From a nice German styled pilsner beer based off of the Beer Pilsner Urquell came the swill that we all know and love today - watered down junk!
I always joke with my friends that if they serve me that swill, the next time they come over I will return the favor of serving them watered down bean soup and stale white bread for dinner to go along with it.

altshovel
04-28-2010, 10:41 PM
So you're the god of beer? Pardon me. You are the overbearing god of beer and you have a vested interest, it's your living. So that explains it.
I return the favor; you're an asshole too!! An overbearing smart ass asshole!!
You did respond to my post about what beers I like and solicited a comment on IPAs, just by starting the public thread. Your response was that I or anyone else did not have a developed palate if we could not appreciate a hoppy IPA. What!? I have to swish it around in my mouth and see how it develops? What if I don't like the way it develops? You don't seem too inclined to let one share how they might experience the beer in question.
It seems to me if I talk about what I like to drink or what I may think about it would be subject to your pompous opinions and dismissive attitude.
So you as a "Pro" have this developed palate and you can tell others how undeveloped theirs is, then 'educate' them on how they Should be tasting their beer. That's how I see your response to my first post on the thread. Is that sharing or dictating?
Keep on plugging!

TemeculaTerry
04-28-2010, 11:27 PM
So you're the god of beer? Pardon me. You are the overbearing god of beer and you have a vested interest, it's your living. So that explains it.
I return the favor; you're an asshole too!! An overbearing smart ass asshole!!
You did respond to my post about what beers I like and solicited a comment on IPAs, just by starting the public thread. Your response was that I or anyone else did not have a developed palate if we could not appreciate a hoppy IPA. What!? I have to swish it around in my mouth and see how it develops? What if I don't like the way it develops? You don't seem too inclined to let one share how they might experience the beer in question.
It seems to me if I talk about what I like to drink or what I may think about it would be subject to your pompous opinions and dismissive attitude.
So you as a "Pro" have this developed palate and you can tell others how undeveloped theirs is, then 'educate' them on how they Should be tasting their beer. That's how I see your response to my first post on the thread. Is that sharing or dictating?
Keep on plugging!

Are you speaking about yourself - assshovel? your one Weird dude...

The definition of a mature palate is not an elitist comment nor a put down. Its opening up some new senses as well taste buds to accept new flavors and intensities. For instance, when I began to drink beer I hated it. Over time a learned to accept it, but did not care for it. Time went on and I began to drink Mexican beer, why, because I live near Mexico and it was legal to drink their before I was 21. From that I started on darker beers, of course likening to the ones that were a sweeter variety such as German alts and amber's due to the sweet style of malt and yeast that they use to make their traditional beers. I was introduced to IPA's from the vice President of sales for Sierra Nevada waaay before I got into the beer business and I hated them. Matter of fact I couldnt stand an IPA but being friends with certain people that did I was subjected to them, until one day I said, wow, for some reason I like IPA's now, dont know what happened or what changed until someone that is a big beer guy, one of the owners of Sierra Nevada told me because my palate matured.
So Assshovel, see it is not just me. Im not sure what you think I may be plugging except just to have some decent conversation about beer with fellow peers - so Im not sure how I come across as over bearing nor how I am pompous or dismissive, honestly if I havnt answered any of your questions ASSshovel its because - well your an ASSshovel and i dont really want to take that much time for a guy like you. You apparently have a screw loose and are a very sad man to get sooo upset about a palate - lol
This is supposed to be a fun post that could be a bit educational as well, Im not sure where your demeanor and righteousness comes from, but just a suggestion, maybe you should stop reading this post and let all of enjoy it without your dumbass remarks and soap box antics - yeh!

billdozer
04-29-2010, 12:03 AM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4010/4558480935_9dd55c6c07_b.jpg

I *heart* Beer.

Glad this is in the Junk Pile.

dublinmatty
04-29-2010, 7:44 AM
actually i was at the Tower last fri nite seein Gar and had a Stout from a Hawaiian brewery- yellow CAN- that had coconut in it that was very tasty and didnt leave that "aftertaste" that guinness leaves.

TemeculaTerry
04-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Dublinmatty,
what you had is from Maui brewing called coconut porter. It's a super good blend of a beer, I love it but nothing like a guinness so it's hard to compare outside of personal choice.
The people who own Maui brewing are really cool people so your supporting a neat company as well a great family business.

Good choice! Cheers.

Coco
04-29-2010, 2:33 PM
Dublinmatty,
what you had is from Maui brewing called coconut porter. It's a super good blend of a beer, I love it but nothing like a guinness so it's hard to compare outside of personal choice.
The people who own Maui brewing are really cool people so your supporting a neat company as well a great family business.

Good choice! Cheers.

I used to love Guiness and now that I have sampled other beers in a similar style, I must say my prefernce for Guiness is falling by the wayside. To me it tastes a bit watered down compared to other Stouts I prefer. I've been liking Samuel Smiths Stout lately.

It's like you mentioned in above post. The pallette changes and so does our preference. I used to love Stella and now I can barely drink the stuff.

Terry, do you have a good selection of Belgian stuff where you're at? I tried a St Bernardus Christmas Ale last week and it was killer.

TemeculaTerry
04-29-2010, 8:43 PM
Guinness is Guinness, thats why I like it, literally it hasn't changed for years and never will. Same recipe (which no one knows except the brewers family) its actually a light beer, roughly the same calories as an amstel and low in alcohol - in others words an easy drinker for a Stout and literally one of the originals. But taste is taste, so I understand how it can fall to the way side, but, I have tried literally 100's of different stouts and I personally have never tasted one like a Guinness, I can say I have had some great ones, but in my world nothing compares.
Yeh, Belgians are abundant here in San Diego, we have the largest and most expansive beer market in the United States, not saying we have everything that the east coast may have - not sure!, but I know there are roughly oer 50 different breweries represented here form Belgium by the three main distributors.

Ive seen St Bernardus Beer around but I have neer tried it, now Im going to have to and give it a review.

dublinmatty
04-29-2010, 9:28 PM
Dublinmatty,

Good choice! Cheers.

Oh I still love me some guinness but wanted to try the coconut especially after watchin the Food network did a show on alcohol from hawaii- talked about the porter, a pure cold water vodka, a pineaapple tequila and another hawaiin beer- started with a P i think

Also enjoy Smithwicks Ale.
Livin close to the Blind Lady Ale house and a couple of other good beer places around here- Hamiltons in South Park has over 30 beers- including Green Flash

TemeculaTerry
04-29-2010, 11:19 PM
Primo is the name your looking for - an old Hawaiian brew based off of American pilsners but made with sugar cane, it's not too good.
Hamiltons is a cool place.

Coco
04-30-2010, 9:20 AM
Yeh, Belgians are abundant here in San Diego, we have the largest and most expansive beer market in the United States, not saying we have everything that the east coast may have - not sure!, but I know there are roughly oer 50 different breweries represented here form Belgium by the three main distributors.

Ive seen St Bernardus Beer around but I have neer tried it, now Im going to have to and give it a review.

I'm not a huge fan of the Bernardus blonde ales but the dark, x-mas ale is great.

There is a not so good selection up here. Just the usual suspects but you can't even really find Chimay here. I do some on-line searches for Belgians and reviews and just order a case. Sometimes I win and the beer is great and sometimes no so great but that is the risk of buying before you try. Mind you, I live in a city where Red Stripe is considered exotic beer.

TemeculaTerry
05-09-2010, 9:22 PM
NEW REVIEW - BOHEMIA

THE GLASS BOOT (http://theglassboot.blogspot.com/)

steffan
05-11-2010, 3:39 PM
i just tryed Widmer Bros Summer time ale. very nice drinking ale. nothing special. just good

rusjack
05-11-2010, 4:12 PM
I think Guinness has taken a back seat to Murphys Stout to me recently... I can get a better Murphys poured in my city than anything else.

But to this day, I still think one of my favorites has been the Guinness Foreign Extra Stout brewed in Nigeria... my ladyfriend brought me back a suitcase FULL of cans of this stuff, and it was sad to see the last one go.

TemeculaTerry
05-11-2010, 4:21 PM
Rusjack, isnt it just the regular Guinness extra stout? As far as I know there isnt a different one, but yeh your right, its a Nigerian beer and fricking good.

ditto
05-11-2010, 5:02 PM
I think Guinness has taken a back seat to Murphys Stout to me recently... I can get a better Murphys poured in my city than anything else.

ive been saying Murphys for years! of course, the fact both our lineages derive from Cork has ABSOLUTLEY nothing to do with my bias towards it - Guiness does have a better brewery tour considering the Ladys Well is closed to the public. But theres a pub across the street from LadysWell Brewery called the Attic (leave it to the irish as its actually located in the basement) and is a damn good alternative with admittedly less fanfare.

one last trivia tidbit - anyone know that Heineken is brewed and distributed (at least for the IRL) from the Murphys brewery and actually stepped in and saved the company from going under sometime I think in the mid 80's?

sorry Terry I always get on a rant about Murphys. didnt mean to shift focus - Im gonna check out yer Bohemia review now - cheers

TemeculaTerry
05-11-2010, 6:58 PM
That's what this post is all about ditto - talkin beer...
Didn't know that about Heinekin- Heinekin USA (HUSA) is one of the largest and succesfull breweries / distributors in the world and we all can thank Murphys for it - cool stuff thanks for sharing.

ditto
05-11-2010, 8:32 PM
That's what this post is all about ditto - talkin beer...
Didn't know that about Heinekin- Heinekin USA (HUSA) is one of the largest and succesfull breweries / distributors in the world and we all can thank Murphys for it - cool stuff thanks for sharing.

sorry think i mighta made it unclear - what i meant was that heineken stepped in and saved murphys as back in the early 80s they were almost bankrupt and guiness was seriously puttin a hurt on them demographically. Heinekin stepped in and brought it back from the brink of distinction - so we have the (other) great green bottle to thank for keepin murphys alive - cheers!

Sighless
05-21-2010, 1:52 PM
Schlitz \
PABST > Yeah I'm redneck white trash; but like what I like.
Old Style /

around here we have a high latino population so I do drink quite a bit of Mexican beer (If someone else is buyin!)

dublinmatty
05-28-2010, 9:01 PM
Schlitz \
PABST > Yeah I'm redneck white trash; but like what I like.
Old Style /

around here we have a high latino population so I do drink quite a bit of Mexican beer (If someone else is buyin!)

hope its at least bohemia dark

TemeculaTerry
05-31-2010, 10:21 PM
I have a new review up - Mission Brewery IPA

http://theglassboot.blogspot.com/

rustrocket84
08-22-2010, 3:34 PM
Fuck clothing. Let's talk beer. I'm personally not a fan of fruity tasting beers (Widmer's Apricot Hef, Wild Blue-fucking nasty, Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat). Not good at all. Reluctanly at Bev-Mo today I picked up a beer from Dogfish Head called ApriHop. It's an IPA styled beer with some apricot flavor to it. I have to say it's pretty fucking tasty. I have yet to be let down by this brewery. It's expensive to get here, but it's all been worth it. I would put this up there with Ballast Point's Big Eye IPA, which also has a mild fruit flavor, but doesn't taste like something my 4 year old would enjoy.

So again I say fuck the clothing talk, and let's get to talking about beer. And not what cheap domestics you drink. I too drink them, but I don't want to hear about them. I want to hear about what I may be missing.

Fuck you all very much, and bottoms up. Cheers bitches.

Revelator
08-22-2010, 4:40 PM
I have a new review up - Mission Brewery IPA

http://theglassboot.blogspot.com/

I've been drinkin the mission brews for a couple of years now....really enjoy their hefeweizen,
& blonde ale. I dont drink alot of different IPA's but I do like the Acme IPA from north coast brewing, & the one Gasser's lounge has on tap is pretty good. fckin forget the name of it.
so far I havn't tried any of the ballast point offerings. I aways seem to miss out on the
southern gigs down south.(the slab, etc.)

JapSlap
08-23-2010, 6:03 AM
Hell I love beer, my body just doesn't love it anymore, I'm 57 and no matter what it is, it just gives me a fucking headache guess it just leave more for others to drink. I'm from Texas and I've been drinking for several years a amber brewed here in Texas by Anheuser-Busch called ZiegenBock, I support made in Texas/USA, keep my fellow Texiacans working and drinking.

Jackster
08-23-2010, 4:21 PM
Smokehaus by Shiner is freakin awesome! If you haven't tried mesquite smoked beer, you're missing out.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs251.snc4/39869_1585468319313_1313935279_1614398_1692980_n.j pg

66triumph
08-23-2010, 4:38 PM
Smokehaus by Shiner is freakin awesome! If you haven't tried mesquite smoked beer, you're missing out.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs251.snc4/39869_1585468319313_1313935279_1614398_1692980_n.j pg

that shit is great with a brisket! interesting flavor, but damn good!

-A.

badmojo
08-23-2010, 5:26 PM
Is that close to PBR?
Why is everyone fuckin obsessed with PBR,yes its cheap,yes i drink it,but there is a ton of great beer out there which is so much better,get the fuck over PBR.
Rant over.

MegaDON666
08-24-2010, 11:43 AM
I always liked Delerium, But I tried Arrogant Bastard @ the Downey Brewery, It was a lot better then the First time I drank it 5 years ago. Im still working on IPA's, I think it was called Snakedog and it was like curry. Smithwicks is good to.

guschambers
08-24-2010, 1:49 PM
how bout Innis and Gunn? distilled in whiskey barrels. really different, strong but great. try them shits!

Cletus
08-24-2010, 2:26 PM
This is a Suffolk cyder that is as dry as a nuns cunt,and taste even better.Served very lightly chilled and running a 7.5 %

samwe
08-25-2010, 12:39 AM
I drank the stores out of Brewtality (Midnight Sun), Alaskan Barley wine and am working on Stone Imperial Stout.
All biding my time for this winter when Berserker (Midnight Sun) and Arctic Devil (Midnight Sun) come out.
Beer should not allow much light to pass and be greater than 10% or it is just piss water.

Jackster
08-25-2010, 7:07 AM
that shit is great with a brisket! interesting flavor, but damn good!

-A.

I only tried it with some badass burgers, but I can imagine. I love brisket!

TemeculaTerry
08-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Shiner - I sell the stuff and have tried most of them and I have never had one I liked, sort of empty lifeless no bodied beer, much like a Michelob - but a super neat old company that loves tradition and that are good to their people - as far as I know...

I tried a new one the other night - super great mix;
Its a half n half made with Guinness and Palm Lager - its called a Irish Hand Job, super super tasty!

rustrocket84
08-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron is strong and tasty. I'm not a huge fan of browns anymore, but like everything I've had from this brewing company it is excellent. It is also super potent at 12 percent. Tasted good to the last swallow which was probably right close to room temperature. That place has it going on and makes me want to go visit their brew pub.