PDA

View Full Version : Magneto and NO BATTERY

LRChops
08-17-2009, 1:24 PM
If anyone is running a magneto and no battery (kick only) on thier build, you will require a special order Cycle Electric 'no battery' regulator so you have a headlight and taillight! These regulators are difficult to find and are only made by Cycle Electric by special order. I have two of them on the shelf and i am a dealer for Cycle Electric.

A regular regulator requires a 12 volt battery signal to tell it to turn on and provide output. No Bat regulators have an open output path not requiring a 12 volt signal.

www.lillianrosechoppers.com

L7Josh
08-17-2009, 9:11 PM
Dude you should throw this in the classifieds.

Nick
08-17-2009, 11:49 PM
whats the cost of a no bat regulator?

bhead1968
08-18-2009, 10:00 AM
If anyone is running a magneto and no battery (kick only) on thier build, you will require a special order Cycle Electric 'no battery' regulator so you have a headlight and taillight! These regulators are difficult to find and are only made by Cycle Electric by special order. I have two of them on the shelf and i am a dealer for Cycle Electric.

A regular regulator requires a 12 volt battery signal to tell it to turn on and provide output. No Bat regulators have an open output path not requiring a 12 volt signal.

brother...what the hell you talkin' about??... a "special order Cycle Electric..." What "Build" you talking about - Trumps, beeza, ironhead, pan, knuck, shovel...what??... buy a typanium unit + capcitor + head light + tail light = about 5-7 wires..oh... and a kill switch for your mag if you want..done. Whats "Difficult" about it?... Yup...nice try for an "Ad"... you need to be in the classifieds..

dhallilama
08-18-2009, 10:47 AM

oh dear...
and the spam begins.

LRChops
08-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Actually my intention was to provide some good info and see if anyone needed the correct regulator for thier Harley. And I did fail to specify Harley, but the concept would hold true for any bike set up with no battery!

Sorry if I offended anyone by not going into the classified. Didn't know any better i guess! Is the classified an area to talk techincal bike stuff? I thought maybe this was a technical bike forum, not some BS metro dating forum!

Anyway,,,, for anyone like HICK who I can help out, as I do with many, the regulators are $100.00 I make nearly NOTHING and rarely sell them. It does not matter to me if they sell, although I think it a great plan to keep CYCLE ELECTRIC in business since no one else makes high quality regulators like they do! And no one makes Harley specific 'no batttery' regulators like they do. AND they are a small American Company!!!!

LRChops
08-18-2009, 1:18 PM
BHEAD1968: when I say 'build' I am referring to those who may be 'building' a motorcycle. A 'Special Order Cycle Electric' is in reference to a special order part that cannot be purchased off the shelf due to its specialized application. as far as an 'AD' this is not required, unless of course you are a site administrator and you are imparting a 'rule' or 'policy' for a discussion issue. I hope this clarifies my perspective for you. I always aim to assist thos who have a lack of understanding. Thank you for trying to set me on the right track! Life is a learning experience and you are obvioulsy one of the finest certified teachers!

FlyingEyeBall
08-18-2009, 1:26 PM
BHEAD1968: when I say 'build' I am referring to those who may be 'building' a motorcycle. A 'Special Order Cycle Electric' is in reference to a special order part that cannot be purchased off the shelf due to its specialized application. as far as an 'AD' this is not required, unless of course you are a site administrator and you are imparting a 'rule' or 'policy' for a discussion issue. I hope this clarifies my perspective for you. I always aim to assist thos who have a lack of understanding. Thank you for trying to set me on the right track! Life is a learning experience and you are obvioulsy one of the finest certified teachers!

Brought to you by your friends at "Ventura Motor Works"

This is a self moderated board.

Your thread sems like spam to me also.

You should try giving away a t-shirt instead. Just make sure you you a HUGE coloured font to pimp your stuff.

LRChops
08-18-2009, 2:13 PM
SPAM? I thought spam was some type of computer generated junk mail. But I am not a computer guy so you know more about this than I do.

This is brought to you by Lillian Rose Choppers! My stuff aint PIMP, and I am not flashy, so don't expect much!

You want somthing for free? Not a problem, I give out free t-shirts to my friends and customers all the time! If you are one of those, send me your address and I will send you a FREE t-shirt!

Gepetto
08-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Hold on just a fucking minute, I thought this was a Metro dating fourm! I just want to apologize to all the big studs I sent p.m.'s to, my bad.

L7Josh
08-19-2009, 12:53 AM
Dude Ball busting aside the original post is better suited as a classified so you can sell a product and if people have a question about it you can answer it there. this site is new no harm no foul.

dalebfast
08-31-2009, 3:58 AM
Hey, good info, I didn't know.... One day, I hope to build such a chop, no frikkin battery, a magneto, and I'll have me one. But, I bought a CE regulator for my ironhead, and they are the best, If you don't have one, good luck. My 'dos centavos' in So-Cal speak...