PDA

View Full Version : Northern New Mexico

moonraker
08-06-2014, 6:49 AM
Just moved to Santa Fe from outside San Antonio, TX. Looking for some dudes to ride/wrench with in the area. Seems like all I've seen since I touched down here are baggers/dressers, showroom-sporty tough guys and crotch rockets. Oh yeah, and lots (LOTS) of scooters.

Anyone on hand-built bikes? Old japs or euros? American bikes without the egos?

Also, been reading here for awhile. First post because I'm bored out of my skull in this new town.

scuzzy
08-06-2014, 2:26 PM
There is a group that rides out there from time to time they are called the "desert ace rockers" big into cafes. Theg also hit up hatch abit more often. I live in el paso. Let me tell you dude. As far as chippin goes out tgere is real small very few people are into it. Its all about playing biker with new roadkings out there. Alburquerque has a few cool shops. Thats about it. But there is alot of beautiful riding in the southerst i kinda miss it man, im in cali right now. But the desert has my heart hahaha.

Lost of old people and hippies go there man hahaha best find your self a few projects. When i roll back through if your down we grab a beer every once in a while.

iHaQtiv8
08-06-2014, 9:42 PM
I'm in Santa Fe. Got 3 bikes I'm wrenching on currently down on Cerrillos. Planning a ride out to Madrid possibly this weekend.

DustyDave
08-06-2014, 10:26 PM
Just moved to Santa Fe from outside San Antonio, TX. Looking for some dudes to ride/wrench with in the area. Seems like all I've seen since I touched down here are baggers/dressers, showroom-sporty tough guys and crotch rockets. Oh yeah, and lots (LOTS) of scooters.

Anyone on hand-built bikes? Old japs or euros? American bikes without the egos?

Also, been reading here for awhile. First post because I'm bored out of my skull in this new town.

Great country to ride in but most every body already left for Sturgis or Bonneville or both but in a couple of weeks check with Pablo at Sanchez VW on Industrial off Silar he knows most everybody and is easier to find. I'm 50 miles north but leaving for Bonneville this weekend.
Dusty

DGO
08-07-2014, 12:51 AM
I'm just up the street in Durango... always down to cruise and grab a beer if you're passing through

moonraker
08-07-2014, 8:16 AM
Thanks for the replies, dudes.

iHaQtiv8 - PM sent.

Scuzzy - Las Cruces is a bit far, and those guys seem like they are pretty much cafe exclusive and stay local. Hit me up when you're back in the area.

Dusty - I'll swing by the shop and introduce myself to Pablo. Are you up in Taos?

DGO - I'm planning a ride up to a buddy's cabin in Pagosa over the holiday weekend. Might be cool to swing over to Durango to check it out as I've only been around those parts in the dead of winter. Some great views up there in southern CO. I'll shoot you a message.

DustyDave
08-13-2014, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the replies, dudes.

Dusty - I'll swing by the shop and introduce myself to Pablo. Are you up in Taos?

Nope, I'm in Ojo Caliente about 4 miles south of the Mineral Springs. Ifin you can a bunch of gear heads meet at Pablo's about 1:00 on Fridays and pick somewhere to go to lunch. Bonneville gots rained out so most everybody ought to be there.
Dusty