PDA

View Full Version : need a vin check because I am an idiot.

xbmxxx
07-14-2014, 9:07 PM
Well, I did something stupid and built a whole chop off a frame of unknown origin. I am getting ready to take it in for the VIN inspection to apply for a title, but I would like to know if there is anything sketchy going on with it beforehand, because I don't want to lose my Buell motor and front end if something does come up weird. Any way of doing this without spending $40 on a carfax? I don't mind spending a few bucks though. Thanks!

BuddhahoodVato
07-14-2014, 9:44 PM
Whats 40 bucks, versa your scoot. If you know the manufacture, call their teck support and give them the number on the frame [that's if it has a number], they more than likely can be of some help. Say please. Didn't know Carfax did that kind of shit.

Stlmikie
07-18-2014, 12:54 PM
I can run the vin for you. Pm me the info and I'll run it.

siamesegun
07-18-2014, 2:08 PM
I believe you can call the BMV and have them run a VIN check yes? Should be cheaper than CarFax.

Allen
07-19-2014, 3:12 PM
I'm going to assume you have NO paperwork on this frame? That might be more of your problem than finding out it's NOT been reported stolen.

xbmxxx
07-19-2014, 7:44 PM
No paperwork at all. Got it in a trade and never really thought twice about it. I've been through it before, but it was a bike a knew the complete history of before getting in to it.

tattooedemployed13
07-23-2014, 12:20 PM
try using www.nicb.org/theft_and_fraud_awareness/vincheck/vincheck it should at least tell you if it was reported stolen and if its a clean title.

Stlmikie
07-23-2014, 9:34 PM
How did it turn out? Was the info I gave you what you were looking for?