PDA

View Full Version : 2014 sporty 883

ironchop883
07-14-2014, 6:10 PM
Well i guess ill be the first to post up on the 2014 883 since i fricken bought one. i kick my self in the ass, because of the fact that this is the bike among other harleys dynas, touring that have an all new setup so that u cannot bypass or bolt up and other companies products to them anymore. so imma cut to the crap.. the key ignition for my 14 iron has become extremely loose (internals) that when sometimes turning the key to the on position will shut off. the stealership would like 136 $$$$ for it. my question is find an alternative to tie it through or delete it. theres not alot if none at all of any comments or questions on my bike maybe theres a harley guy on CC that can help me out id really appreciate it. thanks

Bdehlin
07-15-2014, 3:48 PM
Sounds like something that should be covered under the 2 year factory warranty, unless you messed with it that is.

ironchop883
07-16-2014, 4:22 PM
my bike is modified thats for sure. and they dont want to fuck with becasue of that. the ignition all i did was relocate it. it the tumbler inside that is loose not make a good solid contact.

Bdehlin
07-16-2014, 5:43 PM
If it's been relocated, and that's it, I don't see why they wouldn't cover the ignition switch under the factory warranty. So long as you kept the stock wiring connections, it shouldn't be an issue since HD would only get sent back the switch as a whole. Sounds like they just don't want to do the worl. Were you at my dealership, pending that there weren't any indicators the ignition was messed with (save for relocation), I'd probably be able to get you covered. Call around and see if any other dealerships near you have service departments that would take care of something like that.