PDA

View Full Version : Need a Rear Fender, Looking for Suggestions

BullyGuns
07-04-2014, 7:42 AM
Howdy.
I'm beginning my search for a rear fender. I know about all the usual suspects and have looked at their sites but am not 100% on anyone. I came across this picture on another site and am pretty enamored of it. I'm planning to work it into something else but I like the starting point. Does anyone know where to get something like this or possibly who made this one?
Thanks for the help.
C49539

XbrooklynX
07-04-2014, 9:51 AM
I think throttle addiction sells something like that. They are pretty solid dudes.

BullyGuns
07-04-2014, 10:36 AM
Beautiful. Thank you.
C

SyndicateChoppers
07-04-2014, 1:14 PM
Howdy.
I'm beginning my search for a rear fender. I know about all the usual suspects and have looked at their sites but am not 100% on anyone. I came across this picture on another site and am pretty enamored of it. I'm planning to work it into something else but I like the starting point. Does anyone know where to get something like this or possibly who made this one?
Thanks for the help.
C49539

That one there looks like a replica fender that was cut down and then pie sliced to have the radius match the tire

There are some awesome handmade fenders over here that fit great and are nice and sturdy.
http://visionarycycleproducts.com/collections/sheet-metal

The ones from 7 metal west are also nice just a little thinner and the wait time is kind of long on them

Those have been my 2 favorite fenders to use lately
They fit great and require no work other than just making mounting points for them.

If your looking for a flat trailer style fender I think Dale from Mad Jap is still selling some that match the radius on the vintage tires nice also

BullyGuns
07-04-2014, 4:05 PM
Hey Syndicate.

There's a lot about the fender in the picture that I like. I don't mind doing the work to make it right. Thanks for the alternate suggestions.

C

spidr
07-04-2014, 4:08 PM
That one doesnt look cut yet, just marked in preparation?

BullyGuns
07-05-2014, 5:02 AM
You sir, are correct!

SyndicateChoppers
07-05-2014, 8:37 AM

Yeah that fender is on a Japanese builders blog its on a bike hes building.
If you follow his blog hes at the point where he cut it up and re worked it and it fits pretty nice