PDA

View Full Version : JJ at BF6? Did I miss something?

Acosi151
07-03-2014, 6:03 AM
Hey folks, I was kind of interested to see what Jessee James was going to come-out with for BF6.

There was never a builder video and so far I haven't heard boo or seen any pics? I had the impression that this was going to be a re-launch for WCC and the CFL brand.

Did he drop out at some point? I know there was some grumbling when the invited builder list included his name, but I had heard rumours of Ti frames and other crazy exotic stuff that, at the very least, would have been interesting to look at and think about.

Ato
07-03-2014, 6:33 AM
I can't remember the specifics but he did drop out months ago, maybe around March. I think the grumbling might have been part of the issue.

MadRiverMoCo
07-03-2014, 6:34 AM
Hey folks, I was kind of interested to see what Jessee James was going to come-out with for BF6.

There was never a builder video and so far I haven't heard boo or seen any pics? I had the impression that this was going to be a re-launch for WCC and the CFL brand.

Did he drop out at some point? I know there was some grumbling when the invited builder list included his name, but I had heard rumours of Ti frames and other crazy exotic stuff that, at the very least, would have been interesting to look at and think about.

I think the phrase is:

Like Branden in a sea of vajajay
He pussed out hard

paulw
07-03-2014, 7:01 AM
He dropped out and tom fugle took his place.

Allen
07-03-2014, 7:14 AM
And the world was a better place because of it...

shiftace
07-03-2014, 8:16 AM
Right, Tom Fugle subbing for JJ. Win win all around. JJ is ridiculously good at every aspect of craftsmanship.. but socially he would have struggled at the show. Being the coolest kid in a sea of cool kids.. that shit could be difficult.

ScarTissue
07-03-2014, 8:27 AM
I just wish he would drop the whole "90s billet barge" aesthetic. Obviously he is a wizard of fabrication.

Acosi151
07-03-2014, 8:41 AM
There we go. I was wondering where Tom Fugle came from too.. now it all makes sense.

It's hard to keep up on this stuff from the other tip of the continent sometimes. With the smoke out happening on the same weekend I was having a hard time figuring what pics I was looking at from what event on IG.

Haze
07-03-2014, 8:48 AM
I just wish he would drop the whole "90s billet barge" aesthetic. Obviously he is a wizard of fabrication.

I'll say this.... I have tons of respect for what the guy can do with metal.....

As for his image, he's kind of a jerk, but so are many of us.... and I think his negative image today has a lot to do with his success/popularity of the past.

If he didn't have the TV success... and was stayed a small shop, then we would probably all like his shit. I think in this world, we like those that struggle along with us and resent those that make it big (making tons of bikes)

JMFNC
07-06-2014, 7:44 AM
If tom fugle was the replacement, why do I have a poster with both of them listed?

Cisco726
07-06-2014, 9:52 PM
Collector's Edition?

Clockwork444
07-06-2014, 11:19 PM
jesse james will likely never recover his street cred. much like rick petko (sp?) but i liked his facebook page and the dude is into cool shit, outside of the OCC garb. sounds like JJ knew it was too early to go to a show like born free. why put in the time and money to be ridiculed? kinda cant blame him. Seems like every time he's been interviewed in the last few years its been nothing but him bashing other builders. Thats whats lame about him if you ask me.

ScarTissue
07-07-2014, 5:37 AM
He does have a pretty great instagram feed. Bikes, hot rods, guns, metalworking...

CRFyou
07-07-2014, 3:57 PM
He said the show dates interfered with his race schedule. I believe trophy truck?

I didn't see anything in his Instagram feed that featured racing at that time, so I'm curious as to how he did.

He was on track to building a pretty rad, rare, HD.

Maybe he'll take another swing at it? Even though he's super polarizing, I want to see that bike built.

60andpregnant
07-10-2014, 6:52 AM
He said the show dates interfered with his race schedule. I believe trophy truck?

I didn't see anything in his Instagram feed that featured racing at that time, so I'm curious as to how he did.

He was on track to building a pretty rad, rare, HD.

Maybe he'll take another swing at it? Even though he's super polarizing, I want to see that bike built.

Hi I'm Patrick, I'm a fabricator at WCC. It was a combination of a bunch of scheduling conflicts coming together. Sturgis is in 3 weeks and we have built 3 full custom choppers in the last 5 months specifically with the sturgis deadline. All of our bikes are built from scratch with a ton of attention to detail, so 3 full builds along with launching the new website and keeping up with orders has had us working 10-18hr days, 7 days a week. There are only 5 total employees at WCC.

Then there is his personal schedule, which is crazy. He flies out of town every Thursday-Monday to go work on his wife's funny car team. I believe he is actually an employee on the race team so he is obligated to be there and help.

He also just launched JJFU which he makes every gun himself, so that keeps him pretty busy making about 5 guns a week.

And then lastly, the trophy truck. Getting the trophy truck ready for the baja is like a 4-6 month process.

For MadRiverMoCo who commented he "pussed out", that's not the case.

I realize posting this is an uphill battle but whatever, these are the facts from a person who works with Jesse on a daily basis (when he is in town).

Hopefully we can make it next year, the bike Jesse was planning to build was pretty awesome.

Haze
07-10-2014, 7:19 AM
Hi I'm Patrick, I'm a fabricator at WCC. ......
I realize posting this is an uphill battle but whatever, these are the facts from a person who works with Jesse on a daily basis (when he is in town).

Hopefully we can make it next year, the bike Jesse was planning to build was pretty awesome.

Hey Patrick, thanks for chiming in... Sounds like your shop is busy, and that's a good thing! .... Hopefully no one here will be a dick. (BTW, I've seen some of the guns he's building and I think they look damn good)

Welcome

boomboomthump
07-10-2014, 11:01 AM
Hi I'm Patrick, I'm a fabricator at WCC.

Just wanted to say.. I've been following you on that hipstergram thang forever. Your fab and welding skills are crazy.

As for JJ, I got to hang with him over the course of 2 days back @ NLP10 (in 2006??). Met IrishRich out there and a few of us got the invite to hang in Jesse's private shop he built across the street from the main WCC building. Beyond all the TV bullshit and ego, he is probably the most gear head "nerd" I have ever met in my life. His eyes light up and he gets all giggly talking about motors, machines, etc. It was awesome to see that side of him but that's not what sells TV shows, documentaries and t-shirts...

Allen
07-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Bottom line, the question now is, is Jesse James, Born Free material? Had it been the case, had he came into last years build with, "I know you guys hate my guts but I'm going to build something that'll blow you away" (and not a gay Paul jr. media circus type fluffer build that sprays bubbles) but an honest build (like this WCC build (http://www.chopcult.com/news/articles/gilby-clarkes-1941-el.html)) (without the help of anyone, especially his 5 WCC employees), that would have given him a foundation to stand on. Even if it (his build) was still disliked for the builders name alone, if it was anything decent, then all he'd have to do is point to his accomplishment, i.e. his entrant into Born Free 6. Now if he built some rare exotic beyond hybrid futuristic or 1911 relic that was dug up from under the grave of Walter Davidson OR a hidious ugly fuck tool joke, then that would be his own failure too; not grass roots, but moreso above everyone else, above the sheeple. Can he mingle with the modern man who's not a Discovery Channel viewer?

But I've seen noting to convince me that he has (retains) any true passion for the Chopper "garage building" Born Free world, in fact, as his own (alledged) employee above says, he's gone 5 days a week doing something else, thursday through monday, and cares more about guns (screaming SOA in my head) and Sturgis builds (that's 3 Sturgis builds v. 0 Born Free builds, that says it all right there...). So if I read this right, the 5 emplooyees at WCC see him twice a week and people still wanna hold this guy up like he's still some kind of active Chopper Builder? No wonder he couldn't find the time to build a Born Free bike.

But honestly, he's a persona, he's a actor, he's a celebrity, a larger than life mythical figure, and to keep the good times rolling, you've got to follow the script. When they stop believing in you, you cease to exist, just ask Hephaestus, Hermes, or Artemis. I get that, I can respect that he's a larger than life persona and any real person behind the public shroud has got to play second fiddle to putting checks in the bank account. I'm glad he wasn't there to be completely honest, because I don't know "which" Jesse James would have shown up or been driving the bus, anything to prevent something that started so grass roots from going reality t.v. main stream, and it's a high wire balancing act to be sure, is a plus. Born Free already has enough to deal with to keep this ship steered straight or they can hand over the controls to the media circus and make it the next "sturgis" (West Coast Sturgis) with $12 beers, cover bands, bouncing bikini dance performances, and t-shirt sales.

Just a couple Born Free Year 1 photos for the love of it...
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2649/3956686551_f09dc37973_z.jpg?zz=1

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2445/3957470310_f0e7cc8ec8_z.jpg?zz=1

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2498/3956701859_e623e7cae6_z.jpg?zz=1

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2613/3956736319_ff8139855b_z.jpg?zz=1

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3510/3956691227_fcd64a89aa_z.jpg?zz=1

Ember
07-10-2014, 12:14 PM
If I had all the tools in the world at my disposal I am sure I could build some awesome machines. Especially with skilled employees. I can only dream.

seaking
07-10-2014, 12:30 PM
cool pics allen, damn the locust looks the same now as it did then.

SamHain
07-10-2014, 12:31 PM
If I had all the tools in the world at my disposal I am sure I could build some awesome machines. Especially with skilled employees. I can only dream.

then you'd be a step ahead of him. Fabrication comes with practice, building something that doesn't look like dogshit is another story.

boomboomthump
07-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Bottom line, the question now is, is Jesse James, Born Free material? Had it been the case, had he came into last years build with, "I know you guys hate my guts but I'm going to build something that'll blow you away" (and not a gay Paul jr. media circus type fluffer build that sprays bubbles) but an honest build (like this WCC build (http://www.chopcult.com/news/articles/gilby-clarkes-1941-el.html)) (without the help of anyone, especially his 5 WCC employees), that would have given him a foundation to stand on. Even if it (his build) was still disliked for the builders name alone, if it was anything decent, then all he'd have to do is point to his accomplishment, i.e. his entrant into Born Free 6. Now if he built some rare exotic beyond hybrid futuristic or 1911 relic that was dug up from under the grave of Walter Davidson OR a hidious ugly fuck tool joke, then that would be his own failure too; not grass roots, but moreso above everyone else, above the sheeple. Can he mingle with the modern man who's not a Discovery Channel viewer?

But I've seen noting to convince me that he has (retains) any true passion for the Chopper "garage building" Born Free world, in fact, as his own (alledged) employee above says, he's gone 5 days a week doing something else, thursday through monday, and cares more about guns (screaming SOA in my head) and Sturgis builds (that's 3 Sturgis builds v. 0 Born Free builds, that says it all right there...). So if I read this right, the 5 emplooyees at WCC see him twice a week and people still wanna hold this guy up like he's still some kind of active Chopper Builder? No wonder he couldn't find the time to build a Born Free bike.

But honestly, he's a persona, he's a actor, he's a celebrity, a larger than life mythical figure, and to keep the good times rolling, you've got to follow the script. When they stop believing in you, you cease to exist, just ask Hephaestus, Hermes, or Artemis. I get that, I can respect that he's a larger than life persona and any real person behind the public shroud has got to play second fiddle to putting checks in the bank account. I'm glad he wasn't there to be completely honest, because I don't know "which" Jesse James would have shown up or been driving the bus, anything to prevent something that started so grass roots from going reality t.v. main stream, and it's a high wire balancing act to be sure, is a plus. Born Free already has enough to deal with to keep this ship steered straight or they can hand over the controls to the media circus and make it the next "sturgis" (West Coast Sturgis) with $12 beers, cover bands, bouncing bikini dance performances, and t-shirt sales.

Just a couple Born Free Year 1 photos for the love of it...
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2649/3956686551_f09dc37973_z.jpg?zz=1

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2445/3957470310_f0e7cc8ec8_z.jpg?zz=1

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2498/3956701859_e623e7cae6_z.jpg?zz=1

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2613/3956736319_ff8139855b_z.jpg?zz=1

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3510/3956691227_fcd64a89aa_z.jpg?zz=1

All agreeable points and nice pics.

seaking
07-10-2014, 1:00 PM
Hi I'm Patrick, I'm a fabricator at WCC. It was a combination of a bunch of scheduling conflicts coming together. Sturgis is in 3 weeks and we have built 3 full custom choppers in the last 5 months specifically with the sturgis deadline. All of our bikes are built from scratch with a ton of attention to detail, so 3 full builds along with launching the new website and keeping up with orders has had us working 10-18hr days, 7 days a week. There are only 5 total employees at WCC.

Then there is his personal schedule, which is crazy. He flies out of town every Thursday-Monday to go work on his wife's funny car team. I believe he is actually an employee on the race team so he is obligated to be there and help.

He also just launched JJFU which he makes every gun himself, so that keeps him pretty busy making about 5 guns a week.

And then lastly, the trophy truck. Getting the trophy truck ready for the baja is like a 4-6 month process.

For MadRiverMoCo who commented he "pussed out", that's not the case.

SO, like, you know, what's it like working for a drama queen? you know.

guiltyview
07-10-2014, 1:11 PM
a lot of you guys have no idea what you are talking about

CRFyou
07-10-2014, 3:46 PM

Care to elaborate on that statement?

Saltytonk
07-10-2014, 7:14 PM

When did that become a requirement for posting on the interwebs?

60andpregnant
07-10-2014, 8:35 PM
Bottom line, the question now is, is Jesse James, Born Free material? Had it been the case, had he came into last years build with, "I know you guys hate my guts but I'm going to build something that'll blow you away" (and not a gay Paul jr. media circus type fluffer build that sprays bubbles) but an honest build (like this WCC build (http://www.chopcult.com/news/articles/gilby-clarkes-1941-el.html)) (without the help of anyone, especially his 5 WCC employees), that would have given him a foundation to stand on.

What exactly is Born Free material? is that flannel? Honestly though, what does he owe you or any BF attendee or builder? He has busted his ass building bikes and running his business longer than most of the spectators at BF have been alive, but he needs to gain your respect? I think by the way you are talking, if you were the voice of born free a lot of people wouldn't attend. Stop trying to make it some "elite" show for people who "get it". It's not underground, its not the "real" bike scene, its more popular than most bike shows being held. I mean do you understand that?

Even if it (his build) was still disliked for the builders name alone, if it was anything decent, then all he'd have to do is point to his accomplishment, i.e. his entrant into Born Free 6. Now if he built some rare exotic beyond hybrid futuristic or 1911 relic that was dug up from under the grave of Walter Davidson OR a hidious ugly fuck tool joke, then that would be his own failure too; not grass roots, but moreso above everyone else, above the sheeple. Can he mingle with the modern man who's not a Discovery Channel viewer?

It would absolutely be hated just because of the name attached to it. I mean shit look at Tom Fugle's daily rider that he rode to The Giddy Up, its an evo bike with big billet wheels on it. If Jesse built that bike you would go on and on about how outdated it looks and how he doesn't "get it" but because its Tom Fugle everybody says stuff like "its soooo good" "thats radical". You see how this goes both ways? Half of the people at BF wouldn't know who Tom was if Jesse didn't do History of The Chopper. Are those the kind of modern men who aren't Discovery viewers that you are talking about?

I should have been more clear with what I said he usually leaves Thursday night and comes back Monday morning, if that makes a difference to you. And it isn't every week of the month. But so what, he is working on a funny car team that his wife races for. You haven't seen anything that convinces you he has any real passion for motorcycles? Have you seen any pictures of his shop at his house? He posts a lot of them, literally every square foot of that shop has bike parts that he has made or is in the process of making. The fact that he has made his money and he still has WCC operating at a smaller scale to put more attention on each bike is a pretty good indicator of passion. Do you think he makes money from buying and maintaining all of the tools in the shop that we use to build bikes? Do you think that he makes a ton of money on every frame or bike that we build? Because I can tell you the profit margins probably aren't what you think they are. He could easily shut down the shop and just make money off of t-shirts and actually keep the money instead of using it to pay us employees and maintain the shop, but he doesn't.

I never said he cares more about guns, you did. He's starting another business for an industry that he has an interest in. Is it ok with you that he pursues his interests?

And yes we built 3 bikes for sturgis. 2 are customer bikes and 1 is my co-worker Luke's bike. Any good business will put the customer's full build before going to a show. The customers were told that their bikes would be done and delivered in Sturgis and that is what is happening. If we had had time we would have built a bike for BF but we didn't. That was the whole point of my first post.

I'm not sure what to say to the first part of this, if that's how you see him then that's cool I guess. To the second part, everything starts grass-roots before it is mainstream, BORN FREE IS MAINSTREAM, there is no high wire balancing act, its mainstream. I'm sorry if that upsets you but it's the truth. Instead of "bouncing bikini" girls you have girls dressed up in high-wasted shorts and cut up vintage band shirts with denim vests, and I'm pretty sure most of the vendors at BF had T-shirts for sale, shop merch is a good way for a lot of shops to help cover part of their bills or travel costs. The reality TV part is already happening, a few of the bikes in attendance at born free were already on TV in the last few months during ChopperLive. Notice a trend with the majority of the builds on Chopper Live? Most of them were "vintage style real choppers".

To anybody who reads this and gets pissed off for whatever reason, my intent was to give a real answer as to why Jesse couldn't do BF. I'm not trying to be a dick or start a war, just saw an opportunity to stop somebody who is obviously ill-informed from spreading misinformation.

60andpregnant
07-10-2014, 8:40 PM
Just wanted to say.. I've been following you on that hipstergram thang forever. Your fab and welding skills are crazy.

As for JJ, I got to hang with him over the course of 2 days back @ NLP10 (in 2006??). Met IrishRich out there and a few of us got the invite to hang in Jesse's private shop he built across the street from the main WCC building. Beyond all the TV bullshit and ego, he is probably the most gear head "nerd" I have ever met in my life. His eyes light up and he gets all giggly talking about motors, machines, etc. It was awesome to see that side of him but that's not what sells TV shows, documentaries and t-shirts...

Thank you sir. And you are right, he is the biggest gearhead nerd, he's like the wikipedia of anything bike/car related.

JohnnyRainbow
07-10-2014, 9:49 PM
I'm not sure what to say to the first part of this, if that's how you see him then that's cool I guess. To the second part, everything starts grass-roots before it is mainstream, BORN FREE IS MAINSTREAM, there is no high wire balancing act, its mainstream. I'm sorry if that upsets you but it's the truth. Instead of "bouncing bikini" girls you have girls dressed up in high-wasted shorts and cut up vintage band shirts with denim vests, and I'm pretty sure most of the vendors at BF had T-shirts for sale, shop merch is a good way for a lot of shops to help cover part of their bills or travel costs. The reality TV part is already happening, a few of the bikes in attendance at born free were already on TV in the last few months during ChopperLive. Notice a trend with the majority of the builds on Chopper Live? Most of them were "vintage style real choppers".

To anybody who reads this and gets pissed off for whatever reason, my intent was to give a real answer as to why Jesse couldn't do BF. I'm not trying to be a dick or start a war, just saw an opportunity to stop somebody who is obviously ill-informed from spreading misinformation.

All true. HD sponsored a build with a twin cam. Doesn't get more mainstream than that. Still the best chopper show going in the USA though. Can't argue that.

That said, why would jj agree to do it if he wasn't going to have the time? I think that's the rub with a lot of folks. Not that he may or may not be a bell end. But that he agreed to build a bike and then did not build a bike, taking a spot away from a guy who would've built a bike.

60andpregnant
07-10-2014, 10:13 PM
All true. HD sponsored a build with a twin cam. Doesn't get more mainstream than that. Still the best chopper show going in the USA though. Can't argue that.

That said, why would jj agree to do it if he wasn't going to have the time? I think that's the rub with a lot of folks. Not that he may or may not be a bell end. But that he agreed to build a bike and then did not build a bike, taking a spot away from a guy who would've built a bike.

I don't disagree with it being an awesome show. As a fabricator I love seeing all of the builds leading up to the show and have a huge amount of respect for all of the builders. As far as him agreeing to do the build and then bailing, I can't really speak on his behalf as it was his personal build. I can say that he was genuinely excited about the build and I think that excitement might have got the best of him when he agreed to do it. The build was started, he had all of the parts organized for it and everything was set up in his shop for it, It was really just scheduling conflicts. He couldn't abandon customer builds that have been paid for and all of his other obligations to focus all of his attention on one build at that time and unfortunately I don't think he realized it until it was too late.

I know for certain that it wasn't intentional, he didn't have some scheme in his head to accept the challenge and then blow it off and piss a bunch of people off.

Bdehlin
07-10-2014, 10:40 PM
Say what you will about JJ, but if he gets invited back next year, I'd love to see that bike completed.

MadRiverMoCo
07-10-2014, 10:42 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/44925627.jpg

What exactly is Born Free material? is that flannel? Honestly though, what does he owe you or any BF attendee or builder?
It's called integrity...

And backing out of a show you dissed the year before as "skateboarders with bolt together panheads..."

That ain't exactly what anyone would called steeped in integrity

He has busted his ass building bikes and running his business longer than most of the spectators at BF have been alive, but he needs to gain your respect? I think by the way you are talking, if you were the voice of born free a lot of people wouldn't attend. Stop trying to make it some "elite" show for people who "get it". It's not underground, its not the "real" bike scene, its more popular than most bike shows being held. I mean do you understand that?
Wait...

You can't say someone is too elite to be questioned and then in the very next sentence, accuse muthafuckers of being elitists...

I'm mean seriously...

that's the kind of drug fueled logic Philip K Dick novels are built around...

It would absolutely be hated just because of the name attached to it. I mean shit look at Tom Fugle's daily rider that he rode to The Giddy Up, its an evo bike with big billet wheels on it. If Jesse built that bike you would go on and on about how outdated it looks and how he doesn't "get it" but because its Tom Fugle everybody says stuff like "its soooo good" "thats radical". You see how this goes both ways? Half of the people at BF wouldn't know who Tom was if Jesse didn't do History of The Chopper. Are those the kind of modern men who aren't Discovery viewers that you are talking about?

So you're saying we can't divorce the man from the machine? Gotcha...

I should have been more clear with what I said he usually leaves Thursday night and comes back Monday morning, if that makes a difference to you.
Honestly,

This part made me feel creepy...

Considering I just showed CRFyou my Rudge...

It should sketch you out too...

You haven't seen anything that convinces you he has any real passion for motorcycles? Have you seen any pictures of his shop at his house? He posts a lot of them, literally every square foot of that shop has bike parts that he has made or is in the process of making.
Now I'm not even sure its safe to keep responding...but fuck it...like the civil war reenactors I so desirously admire and wish to emulate...I will boldly go where only trained professionals should...

Do you think he makes money from buying and maintaining all of the tools in the shop that we use to build bikes?

It appears at the very least to be a faction of one I've found seemingly willing to pay good money to watch JJ "maintain his tool"

Do you think that he makes a ton of money on every frame or bike that we build? Because I can tell you the profit margins probably aren't what you think they are. He could easily shut down the shop and just make money off of t-shirts and actually keep the money instead of using it to pay us employees and maintain the shop, but he doesn't.

Your disguise is slipping!

And yes we built 3 bikes for sturgis. 2 are customer bikes and 1 is my co-worker Luke's bike. Any good business will put the customer's full build before going to a show. The customers were told that their bikes would be done and delivered in Sturgis and that is what is happening. If we had had time we would have built a bike for BF but we didn't. That was the whole point of my first post.

Alright

Good

Sturgis most important

Hamsters are cute...

Got it!

You mean he pussed out cause getting embarrassed on an international stage was getting tiring/bad for the t-shirt sales in those BRIC markets?

Bueno!

JeremyJustice
07-10-2014, 10:59 PM
JJ could have showed up with the coolest bike ever made and mother fuckers would still be talking shit and hating on the dude. Who cares.

60andpregnant
07-10-2014, 11:20 PM
It's called integrity...

And backing out of a show you dissed the year before as "skateboarders with bolt together panheads..."

That ain't exactly what anyone would called steeped in integrity

I just explained above. If you wanna be butthurt about the skateboarder comments that's on you. I skateboard and it didn't offend me, I could see how a more sensitive man would be emotionally scarred from the terrible insults that were made though, I mean sometimes if I have a bad day and I accidentally put my Boyz II Men mixtape in my CD player on my drive home I gotta pull over on the side of the road and cry it out for 1, maybe 4 hours.

Wait...

You can't say someone is too elite to be questioned and then in the very next sentence, accuse muthafuckers of being elitists...

I'm mean seriously...

that's the kind of drug fueled logic Philip K Dick novels are built around...

First of all this is america, and yes that translates over the internet. I don't know what kind of pan-pacific bullshit power-play you are trying to pull here, but I say what I want.

And B: I didn't say he couldn't be questioned. I don't care who you ask what. I just said he doesn't owe the original person I was talking to anything

So you're saying we can't divorce the man from the machine? Gotcha...

right on track

Honestly,

This part made me feel creepy...

Considering I just showed CRFyou my Rudge...

It should sketch you out too...

I don't know, I don't feel sketched out yet. Are you about to get buck wild or is all this build up for nothing?

Now I'm not even sure its safe to keep responding...but fuck it...like the civil war reenactors I so desirously admire and wish to emulate...I will boldly go where only trained professionals should...

when you don't know what you're doing, power through it.

It appears at the very least to be a faction of one I've found seemingly willing to pay good money to watch JJ "maintain his tool"

this is worded so terribly that I'm not sure what you are getting at

Your disguise is slipping!

not me guy, I'm transparent

Alright

Good

Sturgis most important

Hamsters are cute...

Got it!

Hamsters are terrible pets, they're nocturnal. Everybody know that

You mean he pussed out cause getting embarrassed on an international stage was getting tiring/bad for the t-shirt sales in those BRIC markets?

Bueno!

What no way! BF is way too grass roots and low key to be considered an international stage right?!

MadRiverMoCo
07-11-2014, 7:16 AM
http://www.troll.me/images/angry-samuel-l-jackson/ewok-motherfr-do-you-speak-it.jpg

Shovelwitch
07-11-2014, 7:34 AM
Patrick, tell Jesse he fucking works his ass off and it shows, Allen is just upset because he is roughly the same age as JJ and his only claim to fame is being a chopcult moderator and going to shows that "no one's heard of" or rides that "only grassroots riders can handle". This "underground" scene sure makes some dope bikes but fuck the culture is pathetic.

MadRiverMoCo
07-11-2014, 7:44 AM
patrick, tell jesse those squats are really doing the body good. Allen should get on that handsome train. Now, who do i talk to about my horse subscription?

fixed

Shovelwitch
07-11-2014, 8:00 AM
Its funny the locust was displayed as an example of grassroots building when I saw the thing coasting through Lana's music video pitched towards 16 year old girls to guide them though their first periods:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_-3di1yx0 I don't see Jesse James displaying such closet hipster faggotry. Kuripus, dope bike but what the fuck...

ScarTissue
07-11-2014, 8:12 AM
Well, I actually do like this bike. If it was a Shovel everybody would be going crazy.

http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpa1/t51.2885-15/10534838_783698355013852_1823135793_n.jpg

60andpregnant
07-11-2014, 8:29 AM
If you need the smooth sounds of 90's Philly soul, by all means cry...
Butt hurt handsome? No...
Unlikely to forget?
Probably...

Said to begin your second point. Counting! It's just not for Counts!

the conspiratorial epicness would melt your mind

he owes the world a goddamn apology for all the heinous tribal bedazzled fat tire kid rock inspired cocaine fuel abortions that drove so many decent american homeowners into predatory mortgages!

Read The Pamphlet: "How Do I KNOW I'm Gay. (http://lemonparty.org)"

Overly convoluted grammatical construction was meant to lessen the blow of your deep seated mancrush. If the above link is doesn't work, try this site: "God Made Us Gay (http://meatspin.com)"

FIXED

And yet building one a bike...

Was more important that BF...

That' why muthafuckers flew from Japan...
Which, frankly, is better than getting embarrassed by a man with propellers for wheels...

http://www.troll.me/images/angry-samuel-l-jackson/ewok-motherfr-do-you-speak-it.jpg

All of this gay talk coming from a guy whose instagram feed is full of guys in his shop with no shirts on, and even a guy who is completely naked and just covering his junk with a guitar.

MadRiverMoCo
07-11-2014, 8:33 AM
Well, I actually do like this bike. If it was a Shovel everybody would be going crazy.

http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpa1/t51.2885-15/10534838_783698355013852_1823135793_n.jpg

No they goddamn wouldn't!

Taste Muthafucker,

Do You Have It?

guiltyview
07-11-2014, 8:38 AM
I have a picture of the engine that JJ was going to use for the show. I hope that bike gets built one day, show or not. Way cool

ScarTissue
07-11-2014, 9:01 AM
No they goddamn wouldn't!

Taste Muthafucker,

Do You Have It?

You know why I like it? Because it shows skill, attention to detail, and artistic vision. It's something I aspire to. What about all the hipsters with their frames sitting at about 45 degrees because they just found some 40 over springer and slapped it on to their ironhead (for example. I've seen freaking knuckles with this too and it drives me nuts.), which took 5 minutes to paint the whole bike with primer (for example). Is that tasteful?

I'm not knocking anyone's bike, I'm just saying not to confuse a builder's personal taste and aesthetics with talent and craftsmanship.

Salvador Dali and Raphael - two hugely talented people, two hugely different styles and results. But you can't deny both excelled at their craft. Same here. Taste varies.

MadRiverMoCo
07-11-2014, 9:13 AM
Salvador Dali and Raphael - two hugely talented people, two hugely different styles and results. But you can't deny both excelled at their craft. Same here. Taste varies.
Woah...

No...

You didn't compare Raphael to "Sign The Blank Canvas" Dali?

Modernism happened.

Fuck...

Americanism happened...

But if you want to go on looking for comparisons...Harley Earl and the Carney Coke Mirrors isn't just the name of Rubsy's fifth wave ska band...

CRFyou
07-11-2014, 9:34 AM
Jesus...

I was hoping this thread wouldn't become a total shit show. I was enjoying the honest dialogue.

Matt, seriously... I wanted to hear this guy's take on JJ.

WCC Long Beach is walking distance from mine and my father's facility on Santa Fe Ave. Monster Garage filmed here for 2 shows because we have fabrication capabilities that most don't since we manufacture oilfield equipment.

Jesse was a nice dude. Obviously the vitriol seen on TV and in interviews confuses people. Bummer that he had a busy schedule because of the Sturgis builds. But being that I've been in Long Beach my whole life (father's business), I've always paid attention to our neighbor. He gave an interview where he said he was done with Sturgis and all the "lawyer bikers". I don't begrudge a man for staking his flag on his values. Hell, just from the coverage of that show, I agree with him... When I was in Marine Corps boot camp, I told my drill instructors that I didn't believe in god and didn't want to go to church. I knew I was gonna get stomped, but I had to say that for me.

Luckily they didn't give a shit and told me to worship my rifle and GTFO of the squad bay on Sunday AM so they could have some time off.

I would guess people don't hate Jesse because he's a popular builder, but some of the contradictory stuff he says. The skateboarder comment was less about skateboarding and more to the point of "Bolting together panheads". I'm not shit in the chopper world. But I've cut the neck off my wishbone and welded a new one on, narrowed my tanks, I make all my own sissy bars, rebuild my engines, etc.

I get that we're not him and I can't hand form ANYTHING with an English wheel, but it will bum some dudes out to see condescension and then a reversal. So was all that talk hyperbole? Is Jesse doing this to have another notch on his belt? Does he still look down on the collective group?

You have to understand some people's apprehension because of the statements he makes.

I know the dude is likable in person... Eager to learn, talented, and friendly. And who the fuck am I to want to see that in all of his interactions? But we(society? panhead owners?) can't help but want to see successful people humble and nice.

Just some perspective maybe... Who knows? I can't kickflip anymore because I don't practice. :(

ScarTissue
07-11-2014, 9:40 AM
Woah...

No...

You didn't compare Raphael to "Sign The Blank Canvas" Dali?

Modernism happened.

Fuck...

Americanism happened...

But if you want to go on looking for comparisons...Harley Earl and the Carney Coke Mirrors isn't just the name of Rubsy's fifth wave ska band...

Yeah, I did. Dali was a genius who did whatever he wanted. He had the talent to back up his whacky stuff (check out The Ecumenical Council), same thing with Kandinsky, Pollock, Picasso, etc.

Anyway, back to bikes. The point I was trying to make is... different strokes.

vorhese
07-11-2014, 9:40 AM
This thread is a perfect example why a lot of builders don't show up on the boards anymore.

CRFyou
07-11-2014, 10:10 AM
This thread is a perfect example why a lot of builders don't show up on the boards anymore.

This is a relevant thread that people would like to read without the bullshit.

So instead of moving to the Junk Pile, I'm deleting posts that piss me off with off-topic bullshit.

MadRiverMoCo
07-11-2014, 11:30 AM
This is a relevant thread that people would like to read without the bullshit.

So instead of moving to the Junk Pile, I'm deleting posts that piss me off with off-topic bullshit.

About God Damn Time!

Motorradfahrer
07-11-2014, 12:03 PM
What motor was JJ going to use for his build?

BullyGuns
07-11-2014, 4:39 PM

One of the most classically bad-assed bikes of all time. I can't go to BF. No money or time. That being said even if it was around the corner this thread is exactly why I would potentially not show up. Too many "cool" kids puffing up when someone disagrees. Blah, blah, blah.
C

Allen
07-11-2014, 9:36 PM
What motor was JJ going to use for his build?

It's been a guarded secret. Need to know only... James Bond shit I suspect.

There will come a time when the powers that be, those who (have and actually do) decide "What is Born Free material?" ask invited builders to join the next Born Free and we'll see if he a.) is considered, and b.) accepts the invitation. Until then, his record stands at "zero by default: drop out"

Can he step outside of his own reality t.v. celebrity shell, past his own Born Free track record, and build a chopper (or any other bike term you prefer, as to not mince words tit for tat, tats on tits) that puts the sparkle in the eye of the Born Free attendee. Because, acknowledge it or not, if Jesse James can pull it off, and make those daisy duke wearing girls (and shirtless dudes using gay terminology. "Yo Mad River, Sup?") wet in the pants, he'll a.) pull of the perfect Prestige (with a secret motor. Look left... now right... Did you see that?) but also b.) fulfill his own mythical destiny... it's Wonderboy's double edged broad sword. Do he stab himself with it to "slay the beast?"

We now have less than a year to wait....

MadRiverMoCo
07-11-2014, 11:26 PM
But Mad River, do I complete you?
Yes...

Yes Allen...

You complete me!

Ember
07-12-2014, 12:21 AM
I just wish we had some cheaper beers... some import beers to drink while there. Or at least some Hanger 24 Orange wheat.

MadRiverMoCo
07-12-2014, 10:12 AM
I just wish we had some cheaper beers... some import beers to drink while there. Or at least some Hanger 24 Orange wheat.
I have this river in my back yard...
http://i57.tinypic.com/2rh2v11.jpg
You can catch the tastiest beers in it
http://i61.tinypic.com/ohkdq8.jpg

If the Long Beach locals want to know what's up with their main man Cisco burger...

Mine as well have a beer

NeoDutch
07-12-2014, 9:27 PM

Fuck off he does.