PDA

View Full Version : Shovel head title question, help ?

cwest
07-02-2014, 5:43 PM
im in the process of buying a shovelhead my question is,:confused: its says recon in the make are on the title. I called the mvd and they looked up the title and there was no attachments (salvage) brands to the title. so what the fuck is recon mean?
lol

cwest
07-02-2014, 5:44 PM
im in Arizona by the way

StinkWurkz
07-02-2014, 5:47 PM
reconditioned if it's like CT. Is it a stock HD frame or a "composite" bike? Mine says composite, but no issue with reg. Could be the engine doesn't match the frame???

StinkWurkz
07-02-2014, 5:48 PM
If you can't reg, then walk away.

monkeyoflove
07-02-2014, 6:16 PM
I think its "reconstructed" I.E. SALVAGE......

Haze
07-02-2014, 6:29 PM
I think its "reconstructed" I.E. SALVAGE......

Doing a quick google shows this site http://www.dmv.org/az-arizona/salvaged-vehicles.php that says if it was Salvage and then restored it would read "Restored Salvage"

If your title says 'recon' then it may be something else. Is it an Arizona title?

cwest
07-02-2014, 7:08 PM
yes its a Arizona title. I called mvd and they said it has no brand (salvage) on it. they said its a regular title. just titled as recon. I can put full coverage insurance on it too. I know salvage you can only do liability. don't make no sence.

BuddhahoodVato
07-02-2014, 7:30 PM
im in the process of buying a shovelhead my question is,:confused: its says recon in the make are on the title. I called the mvd and they looked up the title and there was no attachments (salvage) brands to the title. so what the fuck is recon mean?
lol

"Recon=Reconstruction", which infers it's a special construction motorcycle. Will not be titled a Harley. Good luck.

Haze
07-02-2014, 8:02 PM
"Recon=Reconstruction", which infers it's a special construction motorcycle. Will not be titled a Harley. Good luck.

I agree with Vato.... this sounds like a 'special construction' title as if you had an aftermarket frame and engine. .... if the bike runs fine and you enjoy it, then that's that... but it will not be a 'Harley-Davidson' on paper... .(unless you get creative)

cwest
07-02-2014, 9:58 PM
i got it all situated with a lady at the 3rd party mvd today. she couldn't figure out why it was dubbed recon when there was nothing tagged to it in the system. a little sweet talkin and now I own a hd damn I guess the chopper gods were with me today!

BuddhahoodVato
07-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Very nice, good job. Now you own a HD.

cwest
07-02-2014, 10:46 PM
3rd party mvd in Arizona is the shit. lol

farmall
07-03-2014, 1:20 PM
i got it all situated with a lady at the 3rd party mvd today. she couldn't figure out why it was dubbed recon when there was nothing tagged to it in the system. a little sweet talkin and now I own a hd damn I guess the chopper gods were with me today!

Well done! Nothin' like a little social engineering.

BuddhahoodVato
07-03-2014, 4:48 PM
Umm, third party, did not read that. have you got the title yet.

Stlmikie
07-03-2014, 5:40 PM
Photos of the new ride?

Hyde802
07-03-2014, 7:11 PM
Congrats on the new bike. But pics or gtfo.

FredoSNR
07-03-2014, 10:08 PM
I have a Reconstruction title. The Make still says Harley Davidson, but there is a note on the title saying it is a collision reconstruction. This is how it was titled in Rhode Island then Massachusetts. Frame is Paughco, Sportster engine.

Allen
07-11-2014, 11:29 PM
3rd party mvd in Arizona is the shit. lol

I was just thinking the same thing...

Congrats on the new bike. But pics or gtfo.

Funny! "...or gtfo." ha ha, but I would like to always see shovel pics!

cwest
07-13-2014, 10:52 AM
sorry guys I been super busy with shit. the OL is prego and my son will be born anyday. im also taking care of my pops who has terminal cancer so shits been kinda hectic lately. ill post some pics of her this eve. I bought it basically stock. and have since torn it all down and started chopping shit up. I had a old santee frame in the shop so I threw it in the jig and cut it in half and did a single downtube on it. anyway ill throw some pics up tonite guys.