PDA

View Full Version : Elgin | Chicago | NW Illinois

erchlvrsn
07-01-2014, 8:29 AM
The summer is finally here and everyone is looking to get out and ride…
I live in Elgin and looking to meet new people to ride with and get out with on the weekends. Please let me know if anyone is interested in meeting up for breakfast or a ride one weekend. I’m open to almost any direction but prefer to stay out of Chicago – stop lights and potholes are no fun.

Thanks!
Eric

gene1219
07-01-2014, 7:30 PM
Yo man... I'd ride with you but my 650 isn't the greatest back road cruiser with me on it. If you ever plan to ride to the city, i'd be down. I was thinking of planning a ride to China town early one morning to grab some pics.

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20108&page=9

ChicagoRedux
07-01-2014, 9:35 PM
The summer is finally here and everyone is looking to get out and ride…
... I’m open to almost any direction but prefer to stay out of Chicago – stop lights and potholes are no fun.

Think of it as 'trials' riding, but Chicago style; potholes, stoplights, taxi cabs, and crack whores. :D

I just scheduled some surgery for Monday to get an old injury fixed-up so I'm not sure what my riding ability is going to be like in the near future, but in the longer term it would be nice to have a group that could come together for a few rides or a little wrenching.

Skillfullrug88
07-02-2014, 2:28 PM
I'm down to ride I work in north aurora been trying to ride down to starved rock soon

erchlvrsn
07-03-2014, 8:32 AM
Good hearing back from you all... Today / Thursday I'm heading to Brauerhouse: http://www.brauerhouse.com/ for their weekly vintage car and motorcycle night. There a couple hundred people on bikes, great food and beer too. The crowd is cool too. If anyone is interested, please let me know.
Also there is a cool vintage car show at the Volo Car Museum this Saturday, live music too...if anyone is free.
If not have a great July 4th weekend and ride safe!

MandingO
07-26-2014, 1:25 AM
Good hearing back from you all... Today / Thursday I'm heading to Brauerhouse: http://www.brauerhouse.com/ for their weekly vintage car and motorcycle night. There a couple hundred people on bikes, great food and beer too. The crowd is cool too. If anyone is interested, please let me know.
Also there is a cool vintage car show at the Volo Car Museum this Saturday, live music too...if anyone is free.
If not have a great July 4th weekend and ride safe!

A little late, but moved back to Palatine. Got me a wide glide from a grandpa. :asshat:

Cominform
08-21-2015, 1:17 PM
Just moved to Aurora from D.C. I know this threads a bit dated, but hopefully someone get this.... somewhere... somehow... :confused:

SOHCDigger
08-23-2015, 12:54 PM
I'm in New Lenox, about 10 minutes east of Joliet.

BadGrease
11-13-2015, 10:58 AM
Living in Elmhurst, not too far from you guys. Bummer snow is going to fly soon...

gene1219
02-19-2016, 5:26 PM
anyone riding up to Mama Tried tomorrow? I'm leaving wheaton and picking up a buddy in brookfield

CubanShovel
10-04-2016, 9:24 AM
I ride a rigid shovel chop lookin for ridin drinkin woman harrassin ridin buds...im in barrington

ExplodingCoffinEmporium
10-29-2016, 5:47 PM
Live in fox lake probably about 15-20 minutes south of the WI border, always looking for fellow riders

samtheman576
12-28-2016, 6:26 PM
Hey fellas, Im in Arlington heights, i have a couple buddies here as well. We are looking for some chopper buds around. maybe gonna do a meet and greet this summer. Seems like there isnt a big community around here.
One has a shovelhead that we are putting in a rigid frame, the other has a rigid Triumph we build from the ground up last year and this winter we are hardtailing his Evo sporty. I I have a genny shovel that Im doing a swingarm mount fender chop to and eventually hardtailing my evo sporty. I have a welder here. A bunch of tools and love to help wrench and fabricate. hit me up whenever. my IG is samtheman576 Lets get something going here

cincinnatikid
12-31-2016, 5:00 PM
wassup sam. i'm in the city, building up an 74 ironhead xlch. i have a garage in the city that my friend and I work out of. we do winter storage/maintenance for city slickers and i build my projects in the down time. i'm always lookin to wrench and learn more.

lets keep in touch.

DoomBuggy
01-01-2017, 1:35 PM
Well I am in the first suburb just west of the loop. Got the old Panhead now and while it is difficult to actually get free time, when I do I would not mind hooking up with some other riders from time to time.

samtheman576
01-02-2017, 1:45 AM
Hell yeah dudes! @Doombuggy and @cinncinatikid Hit me up on IG @samtheman576. I thnk IG is the most modern way to connect. If you dont have one. dm me here and I can get some contact info.

ExplodingCoffinEmporium
01-02-2017, 10:05 AM
Hey Sam I'm up in fox lake, not too far from ya, have a buddy or two out this way who chop and build, be solid to get a scene together out here

samtheman576
01-02-2017, 10:45 AM
Explodingcoffin Sounds awesome man, thats whats up. Sounds like we could get a small group together already. Anyone have any suggestions to make this work? I was thinking of maybe making an IG page just for the surrounding area, what do you guys think?

ExplodingCoffinEmporium
01-02-2017, 11:16 AM
Man I have to get an IG, I keep hearing about it. That sounds like a solid idea bro

DoomBuggy
01-02-2017, 2:41 PM
So it is very fair to say that I am more then a bit of a Luddite when it comes to social media, what is IG?

ExplodingCoffinEmporium
01-02-2017, 4:12 PM
So it is very fair to say that I am more then a bit of a Luddite when it comes to social media, what is IG?
I believe instagram, I'm in the same boat and may be wrong

samtheman576
01-02-2017, 9:16 PM
Yes it is Instagram. I would call it the new standard of social media. You can always message me here as well.

ozawa91
01-07-2017, 5:14 PM
Hey everyone, Alec here. I'm one of samtheman576's buds with the 72' triumph chop and evo sporty in the works. Likewise, it would be cool to meet some new people and get something going. I’ll hop on the instagram program and post mine here if anyone wants to get in touch: @alecozawa

I started marking dates on a google calendar for upcoming events and swaps this year. Ain’t much on it yet, but it’s public, so feel free to take a look and respond with any suggestions for stuff you know coming up.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=igsapgqehd7v39cluhrbsq28vc%40group.calen dar.google.com&ctz=America/Chicago

Cheers

ExplodingCoffinEmporium
01-08-2017, 3:53 PM
Nice man, yeah I checked out instagram, wish it had more chat/forum function to it, I can definitely dig the photo ability, but shit yeah we need to start a group out here of some kind

DoomBuggy
01-09-2017, 4:33 PM
That Walneck Swap meet sounds promising, not warm enough to ride, but a good place to have a brew. Too far out for me to commit with work and all, but have it on my calendar at home.

-H

ExplodingCoffinEmporium
01-09-2017, 6:14 PM
That Walneck Swap meet sounds promising, not warm enough to ride, but a good place to have a brew. Too far out for me to commit with work and all, but have it on my calendar at home.

-H

I'm gonna try to make it to the Woodstock one for sure

samtheman576
01-09-2017, 9:13 PM
We usually get to it a couple times. but iwork sundays. so i guess ill be taking more of them off this year

Skillfullrug88
01-20-2017, 4:08 PM
What's up guys I'm out in DeKalb co but work in aurora I'm down to ride whenever

ExplodingCoffinEmporium
01-21-2017, 9:13 AM
Nice man, I'm hoping we can get everyone together this spring/summer, bikes and beers, big crowd out here that should start meeting up.

DoomBuggy
01-22-2017, 11:07 AM
So who got out yesterday? I went for a really pleasant ride on the Panhead, right up to the point where I blew the primary drive belt.

I do believe this is a sign that I need to strip this bike down and do a full rebuild before something serious breaks at like 60 mph!

Oh well, it really was an awesome ride while it lasted.

ExplodingCoffinEmporium
01-22-2017, 5:55 PM
Of course my shits in pieces from a few weeks ago as I was thinking we were still in for a few months of winter, my old lady's still a good ride at least

samtheman576
01-22-2017, 8:09 PM
I got out with some guys that Bander told me about. Rode around and drank beers and hung out. It was great till the sun went down!

samtheman576
01-25-2017, 5:32 PM
This weekend theres a motorcyle show/ swap at Pheasant Run in ST Charles. I am probably going to go in the morning.

http://www.pheasantrun.com/events/st-charles/33rd-annual-chicago-motorcycle-show-swap-meet.aspx?categoryimagno=

DoomBuggy
01-26-2017, 6:52 AM
Nice, thanks for the heads up. I may try to get out as well.

-Harry

samtheman576
01-27-2017, 6:49 PM
Another tip, for this feed is to subscribe to it, so you get all the updates on replies and what not. just go to Thread Tools at the top of the forum feed.

ExplodingCoffinEmporium
01-28-2017, 2:33 PM
Good thinking Sam, gotta start building this group up

Skillfullrug88
01-28-2017, 4:18 PM
Sam I hit you up on IG but you must not have seen it yet did you guys make it to the swap/bike show I liked that blue ironhead chopper

samtheman576
01-28-2017, 4:23 PM
Just saw your message. The show was definitley for people looking for leather and jewelry and ride baggers. "do these mirrors fit on my 2015 road glide?" haha

DoomBuggy
01-28-2017, 5:41 PM
I really wanted to go, however my grandson thought it would be more fun to share his cold with me. I've been on the couch all day driving the missus nuts.

She should be ready to kick me out by the next swap meet, lol.

ExplodingCoffinEmporium
02-03-2017, 10:36 AM
Yeah lotta viral shit going around right now, mama tried in Milwaukee anyone ?

thepantlesssith
02-15-2017, 10:59 AM
Just moved to DeKalb from Southern California back in October...this winter thing is killing me. I'm always down for campouts, wrenching and whatnot. Currently have a newer dyna, (I had to get rid of most of the projects before moving). I'll be up at mama tried this weekend, not riding though...have a buddy coming that doesn't ride. IG: the_pantless_sith

ExplodingCoffinEmporium
02-23-2017, 8:34 AM
Hey pantless, up north from you a few hours, summers coming soon buddy, we'll all have to find a central location and have a big meetup

Fritter70
02-24-2017, 10:27 AM
Would also like to meet up with some like minded bike enthusiasts who are "hands on". I built this shovel two winters ago. I'm in North Aurora.

Mike

ExplodingCoffinEmporium
02-24-2017, 1:53 PM
Nice build buddy, any ideas on a good meetup location?

Fritter70
02-25-2017, 1:52 PM
Depends what the group wants to do....drink a few, ride, look at bikes, etc. Id prefer to meet up andcheck out each others bikes.

ExplodingCoffinEmporium
02-25-2017, 7:39 PM
I was leaning more towards a good gang bang myself, but I'd be willing to do bike checking out instead. Well the way I figure it is we need to find a centralized location, a lot of us are far north, some central, and a couple down south, any ideas?

DoomBuggy
02-26-2017, 6:01 PM
Well I doubt that the Panhead will be up and running this summer, but I am still up for meeting everyone.

samtheman576
03-05-2017, 7:47 PM
Hey dudes, I hope everyone has been enjoying the weather. I think we could meet around Elgin or West Dundee. it seems to be fairly central. Correct me if im wrong.

I think we should do a meet and greet Bike night or day. Check out everyones rides and meet each other. The weather wont be ideal for a little while.
Alec, another guy, and I are looking to have a 100 Miles before breakfast Run every month or twice a month. We are looking to do the first one Aprill 15th i think. right before easter. So get your bikes done. thats our plan so far. If you want in, stay tuned.

samtheman576
04-01-2017, 10:58 AM
Hey Dudes, its getting warmer, I hope everyone is wrapping up builds or getting their bike ready. Looking forward to riding!

Skillfullrug88
04-04-2017, 7:54 AM
What's up gentleman who's going to be out on Sunday ?

samtheman576
04-13-2017, 4:01 PM
this saturday 4/15, were hoping to do a 100 mile before breakfast run, let me know if your interested!

ExplodingCoffinEmporium
04-13-2017, 4:14 PM
What's up gentleman who's going to be out on Sunday ?
Shit workin all day Sunday, where's everybody want to meet up in the not too distant future?

Skillfullrug88
06-16-2017, 6:02 PM
What's up guys let's get a date set for this meet up! And does anyone have a front brake cylinder for a 01 sporty ? Had a good friend go down trying to get her sporty back up and running 77461

samtheman576
10-06-2017, 7:38 PM
hey everyone, ive been slackinging on getting anything together this summer. Ive been busting ass on my shovel which i just got fired up this week. also for some reason my computer at home doesnt let me log on to chopcult. If anyone is free 10/7 which is tomorrow. me and a few guys will be at IRON INVASION in woodstock. probably hanging around the JTS coating booth.

DoomBuggy
10-07-2017, 9:29 AM
Man wish I could join everyone for at least a beer. Unfortunately I am in Phoenix this week getting my mom's house cleaned out so we can put it on the market. Love my mom but after a week of this so far I can understand why kids leave home!

Edit: I do plan to rent a bike for a day next week just to blast around in the mountains for a day. I will be thinking about my Chicago brothers

FilthyGarageCo
10-08-2017, 6:08 PM
Man wish I could join everyone for at least a beer. Unfortunately I am in Phoenix this week getting my mom's house cleaned out so we can put it on the market. Love my mom but after a week of this so far I can understand why kids leave home!

Edit: I do plan to rent a bike for a day next week just to blast around in the mountains for a day. I will be thinking about my Chicago brothers

I'm in Decatur right now for work, Just moved to the Phoenix area from SoCal, I couldn't rent a bike here to head to the Iron Invation, unfortunately, but I'll have a beer in my hotel room out here for you.

DoomBuggy
10-08-2017, 10:17 PM
I'm in Decatur right now for work, Just moved to the Phoenix area from SoCal, I couldn't rent a bike here to head to the Iron Invation, unfortunately, but I'll have a beer in my hotel room out here for you.

Thank you sir! Well what was supposed to be my ride for the day ended up with me buying a GMC Sierra SLT, my poor old Avalanche has 183,000 on it and is developing some electrical gremlins. I passed a dealer, saw a truck I liked, ended up buying a totally different one, lol.

AbyssmalTailgate
04-18-2018, 9:32 PM
this saturday 4/15, were hoping to do a 100 mile before breakfast run, let me know if your interested!

Did any of these meet ups ever pan out? Is this the day I killed my battery?? Is anyone still following this thread???

DoomBuggy
04-19-2018, 5:08 AM
I'm still here. I just started the molding on my frame, theen my wife broke her arm, badly. Been playing house husband and only thinking about working on it.....Still up for meeting the group for a beer.

samtheman576
04-19-2018, 9:19 PM
Hey all, Im still here too. chopcult is funny though, sometime/ most of the time i cant log in to post,
Im just about done with my shovel which has consumed every free moment of my time. This summer. no bulid for me so i hope to get together with people and ride alot more!