PDA

View Full Version : Looking for work, FL area

ROBERTthePAINTER
06-26-2014, 7:41 PM
I am a retired Army Infantry Staff Sergeant and will be moving to Florida in the next month. I started painting 3 years ago and own all of my own equipment. I run Sata Jet 4000B HVLP guns and Iwata airbrush guns. I can paint primer, base, and clear coats. I also do candies and metal flake. I airbrush, gold leaf, pinstripe and can also do body work.

I am currently looking for a job in the field of automotive painting but willing to work at any job at this point. In my Military career as an Infantry Soldier I extensively deployed to both Iraq and Afghanistan for a total of 78 months over 5 deployments. I have many identifiers and badges, and also held the position of the Division Master Gunner in 82nd ABN Division. I am proficient in CQB/CQC and long range shooting and am certified shooting instructor.

My father was a carpenter and I also do some woodworking and masonry as a hobby. I am a quick learner and able to adapt to all situations. Prior to my military career I worked retail as my primary source of income.

I am currently 37 years old, married for 16 years and have 2 teenage daughters.

I would be happy to give more details if need be across private messages. The following is a small amount of pics that I have. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic quality.

Instagram: Mad_Minute_Paint

ROBERTthePAINTER
06-26-2014, 7:53 PM

ROBERTthePAINTER
06-26-2014, 7:55 PM

ROBERTthePAINTER
06-26-2014, 8:01 PM

ROBERTthePAINTER
06-26-2014, 8:01 PM

BullyGuns
06-28-2014, 3:41 AM
Thank you for your service. You do some nice work. It shouldn't take you long to find something. Hopefully, you can find some kind of steady job and work on the paint freelance until you are able to open your own shop.

C

ROBERTthePAINTER
06-28-2014, 8:26 AM
Thanks for the kind words.

Yeah here in NC, I have been painting freelance. Hate freelance as no store front means people automatically try and beat me up on prices. Lots of no and you get what you pay for.

I have been searching craigslist in FL, mostly Daytona area for work at a shop. All any shops want to higher is insurance work painters, and I rather paint custom. Or body workers, and I hate doing body work. I have no prob. doing it as long as I am painting also, but I am not going to do all the prep and not get to paint. Not my dream job to sand lol.

May just find a job doing something else 9-5 type deal, and paint on the side.

Or go to a local tech. school for welding. My brother welds in PA, and has been doing it for years. Something i trued once as was ok at it, but rather stick to paint as I have a knack for it.

ROBERTthePAINTER
06-28-2014, 8:27 AM
I was counting on someone on here would know a shop, or work in a shop that needs painters. In the custom side of the house.

DaNgER556
06-28-2014, 9:03 AM
What area are you planning on coming to?? I used to work for a guy painting helmets for Indy, Karts, Moto GP etc.

Its called Savage Designs. Not sure where he is now, his shop used to be in Melbourne, I lived in Rockledge at the time which isn't far.

It would be right up your alley. It was just him and I doing them. Paint jobs started around 6 bills.

There is a few other shops around Cocoa/merritt island area. About an hour south of daytona

ROBERTthePAINTER
06-28-2014, 5:50 PM
I am currently going through the process of getting a house with the Wounded Warrior Project. But it is not 100%, in last step 3x of 3x. Just waiting to hear from them yes or no. The house is located in Titusville, just south of Daytona. Wife is a GS7, and trying to find a job down there in FL to transfer to.

I know We want to live in FL, where is not set in stone yet.