PDA

View Full Version : jason jessee vans

flipper
08-16-2009, 5:36 PM
just read they released the new jason jessee vans in japan. i have a pair of the last ones he designed for vans and they take a little hard to break in but for ridin sneakers they work.the new ones look even kooler with a notch cut at the ankle and they come in brown and black.i guess they should hit the states soon.its a shame jason's stuff goes to japan first but he's a god on two and four wheels over there. that's of course if you give a shit.

STANDARD
08-17-2009, 10:46 AM
those should hit out here any day!

if you havent seen them...

i have pics on my blog from like 8 months ago!

really cool shoes!.... ill be in line for some for sure!!

northeasteric
08-17-2009, 12:54 PM
http://www.kicksonfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/jason-jesse-vans-3.jpg

riddler
08-17-2009, 1:08 PM
Fucking so rad. I work for vans here in BC and im bummed as hell were not getting them in canada!!

STANDARD
08-17-2009, 1:36 PM
i have a friend from a cool skate shop in PB in dago that calls me when shoes i want come in...
so when i get the call may i can pick some of you cats up a pair...

ill let you cats know when i find out!
as long as you pay shipping im cool with it...

kingdeadbeat
08-17-2009, 4:04 PM
My local skate shop got those mother fuckers about a week ago....the shop has to be down with the syndicate crew to be a dealer......My dad and about three other mother fuckers already got em....I guess they didn't ship any 12's so my ass is outta luck......good thing I got a pair of Max Schaaf's AND 2 pairs of the NECKFACE sk8 highs!!!!!!!!

flipper
08-17-2009, 7:14 PM
found them at a skate shop in san deigo called univ. i got the last pair of 10 and half but they have other sizes.they do mail order.

currysurr
08-17-2009, 10:21 PM
at the risk of sounding like a complete moron, what makes them so special. They are shoes.

WayneBallard
08-17-2009, 10:28 PM
I'll stick w/ my circas for now.

ChoppyGee
08-17-2009, 11:14 PM
sweet kicks not sure they're worth 100 bones when a pair just like them are 50.

Isn't that guy a big Nazi bastard too?

seventhirteen
08-17-2009, 11:18 PM
at the risk of sounding like a complete moron, what makes them so special. They are shoes.

true, course that could go for most things. if you are into skateboarding and motorcycles things like schaaf and jessee shoes would probably be a cool thing, both have some neat details.

the original jj shoe was to have a metal shank in the sole of the kicker foot, i have the shank but never got the shoes, the new one has a cut out in the rear so the hightops don't bind when riding with mids. i really don't care too much for the schaaf hightop but the lowtop is cool with some nice old style fishscales on the inner sole

Nick
08-17-2009, 11:38 PM
I dig them....it is a bummer they cost so much...I wonder how the metal in the shoe of the kicker foot would feel to skate w/ tho

sickboi55
08-18-2009, 1:48 AM
100 bones? sheesh. do you know why i wear chucks, cause my local walmart quit carrying the knockoffs. 30 bucks a pair. not the cheapest i know, but not 100 bucks either. and i aint wearing velcro shoes. shit

justin666
08-18-2009, 1:55 AM

haha i'm on board with that. i like getting free shoes from my friends who are good enough at what they do to get free product all the time. they keep me clothed :)

FinkBrau
08-18-2009, 4:40 AM
Too bad they're almost impossible to find online...

GrayMitchell
08-18-2009, 5:50 AM
i wear boots.

Homebrew
08-18-2009, 8:46 AM
i wear boots.

+1 love my Timberlands.

trichardson21
08-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Dr martens own my feet. Until im home and shoes are the enemy. And socks ... fuck socks too.
Skate shoes have come a long way.

FlyinHawaiian
08-18-2009, 9:37 PM
Cuga Airs, all day. Or maybe some old ass Rebock pumps!....Black high top Rebock with velcro ankle strap.....

STANDARD
08-19-2009, 11:10 AM
well my looking is over...i got mine....

for me its not about wearing them to ride...

for me i collect VANS items and have for like 20 years...

but just FYI these JJ vans arent sporting the Hi Bond Tag this go around , JJ turned to HIS other company DRIVEN...

really cool shoes... but yeah $130.00 was pretty steep!

oh well!

FinkBrau
08-19-2009, 11:52 AM
well my looking is over...i got mine....

for me its not about wearing them to ride...

for me i collect VANS items and have for like 20 years...

but just FYI these JJ vans arent sporting the Hi Bond Tag this go around , JJ turned to HIS other company DRIVEN...

really cool shoes... but yeah $130.00 was pretty steep!

oh well!

Hey man, where did you get them?

americanjunky
08-19-2009, 12:20 PM
I have the same Carolina Jump boots on today that I bought 20 years ago, don't get me wrong I'm a shoe whore. But I don't get how you cats ride in Van's, and Chucks etc. Boots everytime either these Jump boots or pole climbers.

smokey469
08-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Well I gotta admit I do like riding in my Vans, and I like my Chucks too, but they suck to ride in.

FinkBrau
08-19-2009, 12:28 PM
As i got no motorcycle, i have absolutely no problems wearing Vans or Converses...

JoeNots
08-19-2009, 7:11 PM
i like the JJ & Schaff shoes but not for $100, maybe $75. I don't think that the people that designed them would be paying $100 for them either. i love my hi-top vans for riding.

Konaboy1972
08-19-2009, 10:07 PM
As i got no motorcycle, i have absolutely no problems wearing Vans or Converses...

Dude, your on a motorcycle lifestyle forum and you do not ride a bike. What do you want to learn here?

FinkBrau
08-19-2009, 11:01 PM
Dude, your on a motorcycle lifestyle forum and you do not ride a bike. What do you want to learn here?

It's just a matter of time...

Konaboy1972
08-19-2009, 11:18 PM
It's just a matter of time...

Get one and ride the shit out of it!!!

jlive
08-19-2009, 11:33 PM
I've been wanting to get a pair of these Steve Caballero vans. They sell for around $75.00 a pair.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e263/midlothianite/vans-legends-pack-steve-caballero-1.jpg

flipper
08-20-2009, 5:26 AM
shoes designed for bikers and skaters.the last pair i pickedup came with a special insole for kicking bikes.and jason jessee is pretty cool so thats why i dig um.

NHMike
08-20-2009, 6:59 AM
I love riding in my Vans. They're all ripped and patched up but they're the most comfortable shoes I got. I have to wear boots when I go to work and hate wearing them. Too damn bulky. Plus, when in my Vans the feet don't sweat which is always nice.

mikey1610
08-20-2009, 8:29 PM
I got a pair. These are the best Vans I have ever owned!

FinkBrau
08-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Get one and ride the shit out of it!!!

I hope it was that easy, man!

ditto
08-21-2009, 3:09 AM
been rollin low tops ferever an wanna rok ankle tops now for the support - no kicker but I need more overall foot supprtr fer bullshit (that steel plate idea is simply th'shit) n e way Ima flat foot. but im a cheapo bastardo
I'll support JJ an his product n e way I can - is it sinners er 'just' his skate div.. (i supprted that way back when i didnt have dick hair but anyway.....)
ridin with sneakers is the best - feel shift pattern, etc..... fukk bootz just way too bulky

Tyler
08-21-2009, 8:11 AM
wow, I can't believe there are four pages of posts on shoes

rk378
08-21-2009, 8:21 AM
i cant believe there is a post about "dick hair"...........

currysurr
08-21-2009, 9:54 AM
I've been wanting to get a pair of these Steve Caballero vans. They sell for around $75.00 a pair.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e263/midlothianite/vans-legends-pack-steve-caballero-1.jpg

I have these, I only paid $40 at a vans store.

TemeculaTerry
08-21-2009, 11:09 AM
wow, I can't believe there are four pages of posts on shoes

Hahahahahaha, wow, I agree?!

SportsterMike
08-21-2009, 12:28 PM
anyone find these online yet? i cant find anything!?

SpeedJunkies
08-22-2009, 12:49 AM
i pay $19 -$25 on my local Vans Outlet store.. i would never pay $75 or $100 for shoes...

FinkBrau
08-22-2009, 3:23 AM
anyone find these online yet? i cant find anything!?

Found them on Silo's website (http://www.silostore.com/), I emailed the guy cause you can't buy them online directly and he agreed to send me the shoes.

You can try that

tscgod
08-22-2009, 7:59 AM
My shop sells syndicate vans, we had and sold out of the JJ's and the 4q both times. now that im in here ill make sure to post it up when were getting them. we also do mail order and I would for sure give a small discount to folks on the forum.
as for people paying alot of loot for things... well we are all guilty of that. im sure there are a ton of people that think were nuts for even wearing old helmets let alone paying for them. and lets face it if we REALLY wanted to not spend money we would not ride bikes that require so much tooling,we would ride bicycles or whatever...
I can say say for sure though the SYNDICATE vans are top notch. well thought out, great packaging, materials,and details. and that all gets translated into dollars and cents down the line.

FortySixAnd2
08-22-2009, 8:27 AM
https://store.puscifer.com/images/EtniesxPusciferShoeBig.jpg

https://store.puscifer.com/product_info.php?cPath=34&products_id=221

eightthirtysixcc
08-22-2009, 7:52 PM
5 pages on shoes???? wow...

Halwade
08-23-2009, 9:02 AM
5 pages on shoes???? wow...

Sorry for hijacking the shoe rant, but it's a good one, and it got me thinking...

To my mind, a 5-page thread about sneakers on a chopper forum is indicative of something important:

Guys who grew up riding and skating in Vans, Etnies, Chucks, etc. have deep roots in a lifestyle that was fun and cool and differerent... exactly like today's motorcycle scene.

Smart entrepreneurs realize this, because Jesse James is doing Dickies-style work clothes, and Vans is doing logo co-ops with Jason Jesse and others.

Would skate shoes, blue jeans, flannels, etc. sell in the mailorder chopper scene?

I know a guy who knows a guy who can make that happen...

rk378
08-23-2009, 10:21 AM
i wear vans because i still ride (skateboards)

STANDARD
08-24-2009, 11:38 AM
i wear vans because i still ride (skateboards)

+1

and i collect vans stuff...

to me its not a look.....

its just what i like...

but it is cool that VANS does co-lab's with builder/riders.

northeasteric
08-24-2009, 3:04 PM
Would skate shoes, blue jeans, flannels, etc. sell in the mailorder chopper scene?

those would defiantly sell if someone important put their handle on them. for kids skateboarding in the 70-80's there were no nike SBs, no circas, no osirus, etc. i'm sure everyone's seen Natas shredding in high top adidas in streets of fire.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JRkLUQknXeM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JRkLUQknXeM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

seventhirteen
08-24-2009, 4:40 PM
loser machine is doing flannels

rus
08-25-2009, 12:17 AM
we also do mail order and I would for sure give a small discount to folks on the forum.

let me know when you get them in. size 12.
i dont need a discount, id just appreciate the offer to even get them.

BastardRob
08-25-2009, 3:23 PM
British Knights. The next chopper shoe. Wait and see.

Nick
08-25-2009, 7:22 PM
So that my question is out there has anyone who actually skates skated in the JJ shoe yet? I'm really curious how it feels w/ a metal piece in the kick starter shoe!

seventhirteen
08-26-2009, 9:07 AM
new ones don't have the shank, it was pretty thin and went under the sole, i never skated in it, but you certainly could, here's the shank

http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/1000/666/4840.jpg

EnglandStGarage
08-26-2009, 12:35 PM
ive been a skater all my life and still skate almost every day so i go through a ton of shoes and know how to appreciate a good one. some shoes are definitely better for riding than others. ive always been a fan of vans and have had a ton over the years. one skate shoe i bought recently and was impressed with were the chad muska supras.
http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p450/jpowermoto/supra-skytop-black-tuf.jpg

i got em in black and the outside is a wierd/tough rubberized material almost like a bedliner. They have awesome ankle protection for when i eat shit and when you put your pants over em they look just like lowtops. They even have a pretty large stash spot in each tongue for your "tobacco."
they have a ton of different colors and a couple of versions of black, one that looks like its covered in electrical tape and another that looks like and old bates seat.

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p450/jpowermoto/SupraShoesSkytoptufblacktape.jpg
http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p450/jpowermoto/supra-skytop-fall.jpg
i swear im not a supra rep. i just thought this was a killer riding shoe.

racetraitor
08-26-2009, 1:51 PM
a shoe thread??for real?? how is this thread still alive somebody please get rid of it.

Gent
08-26-2009, 5:34 PM
Those shoes are definately rad, and I had Jason's Santa Cruz Board when I was in Elementary School and skating was still uncool. I'll have to dig up some pictures of me riding it in Skate Contest in Upland, CA circa 1993 I would say. I won my class with a full arm cast on. LOL

SportsterMike
08-26-2009, 5:48 PM
a shoe thread??for real?? how is this thread still alive somebody please get rid of it.

ya i can see what your saying...

but like bill has said... this is a lifestyle forum. and is definitely true in the "main forum". once we start talking about underwear and deoderant im drawing the line though

but just like any "life style" or whatever there is stuff like this.... i mean its not for me but look at the graffiti scene and stuff like that. its definitely about art, music, society. they have there own style i guess of clothes and music... just like most of us are tshirt and jeans guys, wearing vans, listening to punk or whatever.... im not surprised by this thread. for the same reasons im not surprised by the "what are you listening to now" thread................. its all about hanging around and bullshiting about what you like or dont like about anything.

i go to the american bikes section of the chop cult to talk bikes... swap ideas, give thumbs up and down. go to xlforum to talk tech...

i lost my train of thought but im sure someone gets what im saying.....

Nick
08-26-2009, 6:52 PM
I am very particular about shoes. I have to when they cost so much and I rip through them so fast so I like to get feedback on them before buying. If I have a thick or bad shoe sole I can't skate and could easily break my ankle. Its funny how it obviusly says Jason Jesse Vans on the thread subject and people spend time to get on the thread when they obviously could care less about the shoe just to bitch about the thread. Looks like some have to much time on there hands...I could understand it tho if you were sayin put it in the junk sect. tho

WayneBallard
08-26-2009, 7:23 PM
**waits for the thread about flannel shirts**

Nick
08-26-2009, 7:27 PM
haha

SportsterMike
08-26-2009, 7:34 PM
lol

EnglandStGarage
08-26-2009, 11:24 PM
i consider shoes and boots as riding gear just as much as gloves or helmets i don't see what the fuss is.

Halwade
08-26-2009, 11:57 PM
No fuss whatsoever. It's a message board, gents, and if you expect every thread on it to be interesting, relevant and/or inspirational, you're going to be disappointed. People have different interests, intellects and needs.

Some guys like to talk about valve lap on the framis band...

others like to talk about punk rock, skateboards and sneakers.

We've got bikes and tech forums organized by nationality for those that like 'em, and we've got a main forum for everything else.

If/when a thread goes horribly awry, we'll move it to Junk Pile.

If a thread (even an OT one) gets lots of traffic, lots of comments or lots of stars, that means it's a classic, and it will end up in our Greatest Hits section.

Bottom line:

I'll take a "what kind of sneakers are you wearing?" thread over the nine millionth "What do you really think of Sportsters?" thread any day.

Can I get a "+1?"

I'm kidding. I hate +1 pile-ons...

Seriously, if this thread creeps you out, read this one. (http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17)

rk378
08-27-2009, 7:53 AM
Those shoes are definately rad, and I had Jason's Santa Cruz Board when I was in Elementary School and skating was still uncool. I'll have to dig up some pictures of me riding it in Skate Contest in Upland, CA circa 1993 I would say. I won my class with a full arm cast on. LOL

upland closed in 88'...... but your close

racetraitor
08-27-2009, 9:20 AM
**waits for the thread about flannel shirts**

hahaha...i'm stoked for the thread about "cuts" denim, leather, black denim, dirty as hell, clean as hell which ones cooler? Which "cut/flannel combo goes best with my purple and black mid top vans?? So many decisions....what bandana do i rock under my favorite flat bill??FUUUCCKK!!...........ok im done messing to each his own.

Gent
08-27-2009, 9:22 AM
upland closed in 88'...... but your closeIt wasn't at the skate park, it was a street course set up in a parking lot. Put on by a shop cant remember the name I wanna say blast or blaze or something like that it was on the corner of Foothill and Archibald next to that pizza place behind McDonalds.

seventhirteen
08-27-2009, 9:55 AM
hahaha...i'm stoked for the thread about "cuts" denim, leather, black denim, dirty as hell, clean as hell which ones cooler? Which "cut/flannel combo goes best with my purple and black mid top vans?? So many decisions....what bandana do i rock under my favorite flat bill??FUUUCCKK!!...........ok im done messing to each his own.

my cut is denim, i don't wash it and only wear it when riding, i like to wear my low top "max schaaf" vans or my doc martens also when riding. i think the black shoes go well with the dark denim and always match the 12 pairs of camo shorts i own

i must have missed where anyone was asking what's cooler, i saw a thread about a signature shoe put out by a company alot of people around here wear. a shoe designed by someone who also builds bikes, and has for years, as some people around here would say "one of our own"

the best part to me is that you will post in a thread about BMX and another about music, but feel the need to clown one about shoes designed by a bike builder.....but like you said, to each their own

racetraitor
08-27-2009, 10:23 AM
my cut is denim, i don't wash it and only wear it when riding, i like to wear my low top "max schaaf" vans or my doc martens also when riding. i think the black shoes go well with the dark denim and always match the 12 pairs of camo shorts i own

i must have missed where anyone was asking what's cooler, i saw a thread about a signature shoe put out by a company alot of people around here wear. a shoe designed by someone who also builds bikes, and has for years, as some people around here would say "one of our own"

the best part to me is that you will post in a thread about BMX and another about music, but feel the need to clown one about shoes designed by a bike builder.....but like you said, to each their own

good point you win.

STANDARD
08-27-2009, 1:10 PM
holy shit!

wow.....

7 pages..
yahh keep it going.....haha

flipper
08-27-2009, 1:18 PM
yeah keep it going.i got my shoes and they are fuckin perfect even for kickin my knuckle.

onesickrace
08-28-2009, 5:58 PM
for what its worth... sidewalk surfer in scottsdale az has two pair left. a 10.5 and a 9.5 and they will ship... google the number if youre interested

eliwolf6
08-28-2009, 7:17 PM
so ive got a pair of max schaff highs, black in size 10. brand new in the box, never worn.. i want to sell em.. got em, but i wear 11.5.. no luck on ebay sometimes, to much trouble to mail em back.. if you want em, hit me up..

and if anybody knows where to get some jj's in san diego 11.5... hit me up too,, want em

Halwade
08-29-2009, 12:46 PM
so ive got a pair of max schaff highs, black in size 10. brand new in the box, never worn.. i want to sell em.. got em, but i wear 11.5.. no luck on ebay sometimes, to much trouble to mail em back.. if you want em, hit me up

Please consider posting these jewels in the Apparel section of ChopCult Classifieds. Easier to search, easier to find, etc.

Fuck eBay!

Easy
08-29-2009, 1:55 PM
Do these shoes go with my bike?Does my lid look good with my designer shades?WTF! Where do you guys put your purses when you ride? Too funny! I understand tho..I wear somethin on my feet when I ride just in case someone sees me...Haha have a great weekend!!

eliwolf6
08-29-2009, 2:08 PM
Please consider posting these jewels in the Apparel section of ChopCult Classifieds. Easier to search, easier to find, etc.

Fuck eBay!

classifieds next time.. johnboy ended up fitting these perfect. hooked him up

motoguru
10-17-2009, 9:58 AM
Fuck, how did I not click on this post when it was on fire back in August. I need a pair of these things if anyone knows of any still out there. 11 or 11.5, i do't remember what size all of my vans are.

cHiCoD
10-17-2009, 10:10 AM
sweet kicks not sure they're worth 100 bones when a pair just like them are 50.

Isn't that guy a big Nazi bastard too?

not at all.
you have to know him to UNDERSTAND him.

Toecutterp
10-17-2009, 1:34 PM
Chopper gee do you think it's ok to call people you don't know a big Nazi bastard. His shoe's costs more because there is a steel shank in the soul for ridding.

DeeBee
10-17-2009, 2:20 PM
TP you are a big nazi bastard. Get my motor outta your avatar! Oh wait, maybe I should get it outta your guestroom... and get my own avatard. Anyway, Vans are great, and my workboots cost almost 500 bucks (seriously) so 100 bucks for doin work on your board or bike isnt too bad. If its too much money and you want some vans just get some slip ons or classics. If you expect protection from skate shoes and old ass Fulmer helmets when you go down, you are terribly mistaken. None of us will crash though, so its really no big deal....

cHiCoD
10-17-2009, 2:36 PM
TP you are a big nazi bastard. Get my motor outta your avatar! Oh wait, maybe I should get it outta your guestroom... and get my own avatard. Anyway, Vans are great, and my workboots cost almost 500 bucks (seriously) so 100 bucks for doin work on your board or bike isnt too bad. If its too much money and you want some vans just get some slip ons or classics. If you expect protection from skate shoes and old ass Fulmer helmets when you go down, you are terribly mistaken. None of us will crash though, so its really no big deal....

Dee Bee,
i love you. LOL!
where the hell have you been?

DeeBee
10-17-2009, 2:56 PM
right behind you....wait that sounds bad! I have been working too much and pondering all the boss shit Im gonna do to my bikes, without really accomplishing any of it. You still in Bummertown?

cHiCoD
10-17-2009, 6:39 PM
right behind you....wait that sounds bad! I have been working too much and pondering all the boss shit Im gonna do to my bikes, without really accomplishing any of it. You still in Bummertown?

yup,still here holmes.

REV
10-17-2009, 8:09 PM
i wear boots.

+2, dr marten wellingtons

DannyG
10-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Utility Boardshop in La verne CA still some sizes. So doe's Pharmacy in Victorville.