PDA

View Full Version : Batteries in Canada

spidr
06-14-2014, 10:52 AM
Sounds dumb..........But most of the good suppliers are in the states.

Antigravity seems to be the go to, on another board they swear by the Braille, but its much bigger than I need.
Eyeing up the 12 cell Antigravity, its nice and compact, battery tray is the last thing I need to figure before my frame leaves.

Any of my canadian friends have a solid source? I normally use Oddyssey, but they're bigger by a fair bit than the antigravity, but on the other hand, I wouldnt need the fancy charger, so maybe its a fair trade?

Thoughts?

AlbertaFarmer
06-14-2014, 11:21 PM
Check out Saskbattery, really good guys to deal with.

GeeRock
06-15-2014, 7:46 AM
I just get mine from lowbrow.

UncleMonkey
06-18-2014, 4:53 PM
Checkout NAPA auto parts. They have a line of gelmat batteries instead of worrying about acid. You can mount them pretty much any direction including upside down.

spidr
06-18-2014, 5:00 PM
Local Napa shut down, and Lowbrow says no shipping to canada on batteries.......

I did however figure out how to fit the big oddyssey I used to run upright, and its bigger than anything else comparable, so Worst case I can always get a lead acid battery for now. The anti gravity are creeping me out a little because of the not being able to drop under XX volts or warranty is void, I drain it down sometimes and starting to think and AGM is better and I can grab them local.

Gimp
06-21-2014, 7:28 AM
Interstate just came out with lithium batteries. I'm assuming you can get them up there. Had I not activated the one i just bought i would have bought one. I haven't seen them yet but the specs are supposed to be fairly impressive