PDA

View Full Version : Gremlin Bells

dozen
06-12-2014, 8:46 AM
I need to get a gremlin bell for my Dad's bike but I don't wanna just go buy a mass-produced Walmartish bell from the HD store or one of those sticker and patch stands at a rally, I would like to find something cool. Anybody make cool gremlin bells and sell them online or here on the Chop?

Edit: in other words, none of this shit:

spidr
06-12-2014, 10:23 AM
I saw one guy making real nice brass one offs, but cant remember who.

Buddy of mine just dropped one off for me after he heard I had never had one, googled them, came back to here.
On my end, its more the thought that counted, I wont buy one for myself, but I'll hang this one knowing where it came from.

http://www.guardianbell.com/

**edit.........

Found the ones I was I was thinking of. Made by Mean Kid Cycles. They've gt a pinterest web site.

http://img0.etsystatic.com/032/0/7499760/il_340x270.510391870_ogme.jpg

IronManJr
06-12-2014, 10:34 AM
Open Road Design is a canuck who does a bunch of nice custom engraving and is just starting to do some gremlin/guardian bells. Not sure about prices but worth checking out I think.

@OPENROADDESIGN on instagram and www.openroaddesign.ca

EVILBLACKSABRE
06-12-2014, 3:47 PM
Make one yourself, what could be cooler than that. And think how much your dad would cherish it.

A bell isn't a complicated item, it's just a metal shell with another loose metal piece inside for a "clacker" and something on top to hang it.

A small copper end cap from the plumbing section of any hardware store (for the shell), a nail (for the clacker), a piece of wire (for the hanger), and a little ingenuity, and you've got a bell that you made yourself.

You could even engrave it or have it engraved with any sentiments you want.

dozen
06-12-2014, 9:58 PM
That's a fucking great idea. Will do!

DirtyFilthyCustoms
06-12-2014, 10:37 PM
I bought one for myself before I heard that you weren't suppose to. Oh well I still rock it.

Allen
06-13-2014, 6:34 AM
Make one yourself, what could be cooler than that. And think how much your dad would cherish it.

A bell isn't a complicated item, it's just a metal shell with another loose metal piece inside for a "clacker" and something on top to hang it.

A small copper end cap from the plumbing section of any hardware store (for the shell), a nail (for the clacker), a piece of wire (for the hanger), and a little ingenuity, and you've got a bell that you made yourself.

You could even engrave it or have it engraved with any sentiments you want.

So simple it's brilliant!

Salty
06-13-2014, 4:14 PM
You can find the one from my stripper ex girlfriend, which i left in the window sill of my old house, after i packed my truck and left said stripper ex girlfriend and house.

EVILBLACKSABRE
06-13-2014, 5:17 PM
So simple it's brilliant!
Thanks. I've been called many things, but I don't think I've ever been called "brilliant". ;)

And here's an added tip- a large, dome-headed bolt can be used to hammer out the top of the copper end cap and give the bell a more rounded top. Take a ballpeen hammer, hit a piece of wood really hard with the "ball" side to produce a round indentation, place the flat end of the copper end cap over the indentation, and then use the bolt (domed head) as a punch to hammer out the top of the cap.