PDA

View Full Version : Heat problems with Battery inside Oil tank ?

milunchbox
06-12-2014, 7:32 AM
Does anyone have any issues with this? I would think the battery wouldn't like getting super hot. My oil tank get to like 160* is this too hot for a battery?

SuperP
06-12-2014, 11:48 AM
Does anyone have any issues with this? I would think the battery wouldn't like getting super hot. My oil tank get to like 160* is this too hot for a battery?

Nope. I have a horseshoe oil tank with the battery in the middle. No problems. I use a sealed AGM gel battery on its side. I lined the battery box with mouse pads so the battery wont arc.

nateridesbikes
06-12-2014, 2:02 PM
ive got one of those anti gravity battries or whatever theyre called in the middle of a horseshoe tank on my sporty. No issues thus far.

houstonch73
06-12-2014, 8:07 PM
Nope. I have a horseshoe oil tank with the battery in the middle. No problems. I use a sealed AGM gel battery on its side. I lined the battery box with mouse pads so the battery wont arc.

mousepads huh.....great idea! lord knows got plenty of those laying around the office.

nmaineron
06-12-2014, 9:14 PM
I did with my 87,I fried a few when I would tour for a couple of weeks straight...I was taking two,two week trips per summer and I wouldn't get much more than a year out of them...However I haven't toured like that for a few years and I don't cook batteries anymore...