PDA

View Full Version : ~ California Wandering ~

nateridesbikes
06-09-2014, 6:50 AM
Me and some friends are heading out to born free from iowa. We have a camp site for the weekend of the show and will be around huntington beach for the first part of the following week. After that its completley up in the air. So what Im wondering is where are some good places to head to? Looking to stay outside of the city for the most part. Heard big sur is cool. Just looking for a bit of direction here.

pig
06-09-2014, 7:32 PM
Heading up the coast to Big Sur you can do no wrong. Come all the way up to San Francisco then head east on 80 to Sacto connect to 50 east through the mountains and desert. At least that's what I'd do.

DirtyFilthyCustoms
06-10-2014, 10:34 AM
I live in the high desert area of SoCal, in between L.A. And Vegas. There's so cool camping up here in the desert, check out El Mirage dry lake. I think they charge to go in now( fucking government BLM shit )

Yamobethere
06-10-2014, 6:16 PM
Me and some friends are heading out to born free from iowa. We have a camp site for the weekend of the show and will be around huntington beach for the first part of the following week. After that its completley up in the air. So what Im wondering is where are some good places to head to? Looking to stay outside of the city for the most part. Heard big sur is cool. Just looking for a bit of direction here.

The desert is fun but will be hot as fuck. The ride up highway 1 from LA to Big Sur is the probably one of the best rides in the world, I try to do it every year. Even if you don't make it all the way up to big Sur the first day, going up to Pismo beach, San simeon, or anywhere along the coast is the way to go.

nateridesbikes
06-12-2014, 6:03 AM
thanks guys. i think up the coast to big sur is the plan. not sure what days yet sounds like we are doing huntington beach for the 4th. should be an amazing trip.

ironchop883
06-12-2014, 11:02 AM
I just did a ride up to san fran and back home came down the coast through salinas, monterey, down hwy 1...etc.. Fucken goregous what a ride wish i had more time and money. To camp all the way up and back.... Grab a map bro head up that way