PDA

View Full Version : extended front end.

rjwatters38
06-08-2014, 3:19 PM
So i wanted to go a little over on the front, and was gonna get a set of +4 - +8 tubes. When swapping, can I JUST swap the tubes and reuse the internals from the old set up (replacing the fork sealers and making a larger spacer) or do I need to get new internals as well.

Also, has anyone worked with these guys yet? Or heard anything about them? http://www.phantomkustom.com/ForkTubes.htm

nerdsports
06-09-2014, 2:43 PM
Generally, you swap out the fork tube, reinstall the internals and add a spacer to make up for the extra length of the new tubes.

rjwatters38
06-09-2014, 3:29 PM
That's what I was gathering, but I thought I would make sure.

Anyone with experience using phantom kustoms? I would use a set of Franks, but (admittedly, without checking with him) I'm under the impression that I'd be waiting quite a while before I got my set. I'm not lookin for some crazy turn around. scratch and dents if it means I can get it in a week. I don't have patience haha.

nerdsports
06-10-2014, 11:23 AM
There have been a few long fork tubes in the classifieds. I think it's worth checking out.

CoLoNpEe
06-10-2014, 12:26 PM
That's what I was gathering, but I thought I would make sure.

Anyone with experience using phantom kustoms? I would use a set of Franks, but (admittedly, without checking with him) I'm under the impression that I'd be waiting quite a while before I got my set. I'm not lookin for some crazy turn around. scratch and dents if it means I can get it in a week. I don't have patience haha.

I ordered mine from Franks a month ago. Got them yesterday, 6 overs... and I'm up in Canada... wouldn't take to long if you are in the US...

Salty
06-12-2014, 8:28 AM
make sure you tell them at Franks the exact shipping address... other than that it takes only about a week.