PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Evo Sportser Pros? Need front wheel help!!!!

Bkramer89
06-08-2014, 9:28 AM
I have a 95 sportster 1200 custom, it had a 19" front mag wheel with tapered bearings and a 3/4 axle. I bought a 21" spoked wheel it has sealed bearings in it, I'm guessing it's a newer sporty wheel. How do I get the right spacing to make this thing work and do I need a different axle?

psychokat
06-09-2014, 9:16 AM
Ok, I'm not much of an expert, but here goes. If the new wheel's bearings are for 3/4'' axle, you don't need a new axle. Late model wheels changed a few times;
it could be 3/4'', 1'', or 25mm. I am not familiar with the old style bearings, but I would assume that as long as the spacers fit like their supposed to (not to
long and bind the wheel. Not too short and allow wiggle room) you shouldn't need new spacers. I would do a google search and try to determine what size
spacers should be there. Are you running a stock hub or an aftermarket spool? Hope this helps.

Edit: shoulda said; if the new wheel is not for a 3/4'' axle, you will need a different wheel. You could have your axle modified or shims fabbed, but there are so many late model sporty wheels out there, it's really not worth all that.

Saltytonk
06-11-2014, 6:40 AM
Check your axle , see if it will fit. Mock up the new wheel, see if everything lines up. Brake caliper , etc.
if your spacers don't work at that point you will be able to measure what size you need. its not a big deal.

Clockwork444
06-11-2014, 8:56 PM
you can use your spacers and swap the bearings to the old style (the hub should accept either type of bearing) or you can get spacers that work with a sealed bearing and that same axle at the HD dealer. so all you'll have to buy is the two spacers, or swap bearings. your call.