PDA

View Full Version : Sissy Bar Bag

McGrizzle
06-05-2014, 5:03 PM
Instead of running a saddle bag, I want a bag to strap to the sissy bar on the fender that's also good for a backrest...something that would stay on the bike 24/7. Right now I have a backback that I've made a pvc frame inside of that I use. It's functional as a bag and a backrest, but its ratchet strapped to the sissy. And its a shitty back pack. I have this vision of something a little more classy looking and permanent but I just can't find what I'm after...any ideas?

SquashThatFly
06-05-2014, 5:05 PM
Baxter pack

http://www.baxtermotorcycle.com/PACKS/PACKS.html

McGrizzle
06-05-2014, 5:18 PM
That's pretty cool, but it's only 5 inches. I'm wondering how it could be used as a backrest. I've seen this bag called "tombstone" that would be good but I'm picturing like a nice tooled leather or something. Not all fringes and studs or any other gayness, just normal leather

McGrizzle
06-05-2014, 5:22 PM
Something like this, just not fabric I guess. And I don't run a p-pad it would sit right on the fender48765

IronManJr
06-06-2014, 6:49 AM
It sounds like you have a really good idea of what you want, I think your best bet may be to find a local leather worker and talk to them about it and see if they would make you a bag, to your specs, that would be exactly what you want.

JHK
06-06-2014, 8:44 AM
If it's not too embarrassing to be searching Etsy (just don't let anyone think you're buying crochet needles and other knitting supplies) they have a lot of duffles and assorted bags that are leather. Some are really inexpensive, probably because the leather is thin and from Pakistan. BUT you can spray it with water repellant and if you can't hitch it to the sissy bar/fender with what you have, a shoe repair shop will have a strap or something that can be sewn on it. I don't like the Tombstone because it looks like it should be on my grandma's cruiser and something custom hand-tooled would be expensive and soon-to-be stolen in my area. Otherwise you're left with trying to figure out how to rip the conchos and studs and tassels off a commercially available bag. Which might be good if you can get it used off eBay.

nerdsports
06-06-2014, 8:56 AM
Find a waterproof backpack (like this - http://www.thecompassstore.com/waterproof.html?ref=lexity&_vs=google&_vm=productsearch&gclid=COiMpeHA5b4CFaY-MgodRAcALA). Sew on some straps that you can wrap around your sissy bar and another strap on the bottom that you can secure to the seat, frame, or whatever so it won't slide around and you're set.

TonyPunkRock
06-06-2014, 9:06 AM
Baxter pack

http://www.baxtermotorcycle.com/PACKS/PACKS.html

These look kick ass. I looking at as more for a tool bag. Any chance some has more pics of these? They just show the outside for the most part.

gonzoguilt
06-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Met this guy (and his bike) at my work in Sequoia a year or so back. He's got a pretty rad set-up. He goes by "74ormore" on insta. 4878548786

paulw
06-06-2014, 11:44 AM
69ltd makes an awesome one out of leather, saw it somewhere on instagram

derelick
06-10-2014, 9:16 AM
^^ I'm going to pick one up, they look nice.. http://www.69ltdusa.com/products/

Allen
06-13-2014, 6:50 AM
Met this guy (and his bike) at my work in Sequoia a year or so back. He's got a pretty rad set-up. He goes by "74ormore" on insta. 4878548786

I saw that bike last year in Ventura and thought it was a pretty cool design but wondered how well it would really hold up over the course of use. Saddlebags just kinda hang there and take the abuse, but something like that would have a tendency to lean with gravitation and slump? Maybe I'm rong.

DirtyRottenScoundrel
06-23-2014, 5:40 AM
Instead of running a saddle bag, I want a bag to strap to the sissy bar on the fender that's also good for a backrest...something that would stay on the bike 24/7. Right now I have a backback that I've made a pvc frame inside of that I use. It's functional as a bag and a backrest, but its ratchet strapped to the sissy. And its a shitty back pack. I have this vision of something a little more classy looking and permanent but I just can't find what I'm after...any ideas?
This isn't exactly a cool bag, but I threw it on My 09 Nightrain for a few weeks and a few thousand miles for a road trip. Came with a rain cover (nice). Spend good money on whatever you choose to strap whatever you purchase down... funny story for another time. Bottom line, I could lean back on it like a fat chick and it fit some clothes and helmet (and occasionally beer).