PDA

View Full Version : Hello Chop Cult

88sportchop
06-01-2014, 8:32 AM
I'm new to the site, been snooping around for a couple months, decided to sign up. I bought a '74 XS650 about 8 months ago (first bike). I recently thought that the Yamaha didn't have enough attitude for me. So I decided to build a bike, I bought an '88 sporty engine and Paughco frame. So that's my introduction, glad to have been shown this site. Lots of great stuff going on here.

UncleFester
06-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Welcome!
There is nothing wrong with the xs. Seen some realy cool chops done with them, just saying.

88sportchop
06-01-2014, 11:57 AM
I would have chopped the XS, but it's in really good shape. I can't bring myself to chop up a perfectly good bike. So I decided to hunt down pieces instead. Then after looking at prices I could get a sportster engine for not too much more than an XS engine... that's my train of thought. And I've never ridden a Harley before, I'm curious to see how it will be. Although, I've heard a few people who have both who say the XS's are more fun.
Anyway, the engine, frame, and forks I ordered can't come fast enough!

Knuckleduster
06-02-2014, 5:26 AM
I understand yer new 'round here, but you say you've been poopin' 'round here for a few months, you should know this is not where intros go.
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96&page=189