PDA

View Full Version : Hey fellas....

CHARLIEHUSTLE
04-14-2010, 8:45 PM
I really need some help here. I need to either find a clean titled neck for my xs 650 build , or find an aftermarket frame & mso thats being sold on the cheap. Dmv is screwing me. Anyone have any ideas? I could really use the help...............

Punkskalar
04-14-2010, 9:27 PM
What the issue? Have you looked at a Title Service Company?

CHARLIEHUSTLE
04-14-2010, 9:44 PM
dmv in my small town is ridiculous , theyre saying that because its off record completely & because it doesnt have a 17 digit vin , that theyre going to charge a bunch of fees to register that total up to just under $900.-. because i dont own my property , i rent , i cant do a lien that way. im just coming to my wits end here.

Punkskalar
04-14-2010, 10:37 PM
dmv in my small town is ridiculous , theyre saying that because its off record completely & because it doesnt have a 17 digit vin , that theyre going to charge a bunch of fees to register that total up to just under $900.-. because i dont own my property , i rent , i cant do a lien that way. im just coming to my wits end here.

Hrmmm.... Mine is an 81' model and it doesn't have a 17 digit VIN either... But, since you don't have a title, you are SOL really...

Can you "sell" it to someone in a state with a "Bill Of Sale" only required for registration? Wait for them to get the title, then transfer it back into your name? I know TN allows that quite often...

Or have a friend who Owns property to the Lien, then transfer it to you?

Look at Title Services, the run about $200-300 depending...

jamesgs4
04-15-2010, 1:01 AM
Simple fix.
Add numbers and letters to ur vin to make 17.
You're welcome.
:)

CHARLIEHUSTLE
04-15-2010, 2:54 PM
Can anyone out there recomend a title service.............

YcMatt
04-15-2010, 3:30 PM
try going to a different dmv, sometimes that actually makes a difference.

hallkb
04-15-2010, 3:35 PM

That worked for me in my small town. I drove over to the next town.

Try its if all else fails http://www.its-titles.com/

CHARLIEHUSTLE
04-15-2010, 4:38 PM

thought about that too , i lived in yuba for most of my life , gonna head your way soon to see family , so ill probably try your dmv. the folks ive dealt with there were pretty decent for being dmv

YcMatt
04-15-2010, 6:37 PM
yeah they arent too bad. ive also heard that colusa is pretty good to deal with.

gandgcustoms
04-15-2010, 6:57 PM
if you got a bill of sale...... make one up if you have to.....file for lost pink... bring the frame with you show them that it dosnt have a 17 digit vin....... and club them damn state workes in the head if they dont understand with the frame your not registering a damn car

Twinkies
04-16-2010, 7:01 PM
a couple more angles to consider...
Does your nearest AAA office do DMV services?They are a lot easier to work with,
it might be worth the cost of a 1 year membership just to avoid the DMV.
You may also want to contact a lien company... OR.. find a reputable tow company that
contracts with law enforcement as they go through a lien company for their impounds.
They will likely keep your bike for a month at the tow yard, but that may be the easiest way to get lien sale paperwork if the tow company doesnt charge you an arm and a leg to do it.
At least thats how it works in CA...

specialseventynine
04-17-2010, 5:17 AM
I think I have a titled front loop that I could cut the neck off for you. I paid $100 for the frame w/ title, you can have it for that plus ship if I can locate the papers.

CHARLIEHUSTLE
04-17-2010, 6:16 AM
SPECIALSEVENTYNINE , JUST PMd , THANKS!!!