PDA

View Full Version : 3/4 helmets

Herrisj
05-23-2014, 2:01 PM
What do you guys think about the bell rogue helmet? Is there any other dot approved 3/4 helmet that looks killer?

trifive
05-23-2014, 2:16 PM
I didn't like it the first time I saw it,and my opinion hasn't changed.

Arsenal
05-23-2014, 5:24 PM
What I thought of when I saw that Bell Rogue...

http://media.giphy.com/media/SZD0rkrniA7Fm/giphy.gif

Herrisj
05-24-2014, 1:24 AM
What helmet do you like the best then? For bob/chop riding.

Arsenal
05-24-2014, 2:26 AM

Buy whatever tickles your man parts. That's all that matters. No one is ever gonna say "holy shit, that guy looks like he's the baddest motherfucker on the planet" because of your helmet.... Unlessssss you have this on it. Then, there's a chance.

http://i.minus.com/joJUg5848YVeI.jpg (http://minus.com/i/oJUg5848YVeI)

Wingnut89
05-24-2014, 8:48 AM
I think it's not a 3/4 helmet, and it's ugly.

gonzoguilt
05-24-2014, 8:51 AM
What an icky abomination!

Wingnut89
05-24-2014, 8:51 AM
You want a badass 3/4, get this http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shark-raw-soyouz-helmet

http://images0.revzilla.com/product_images/0061/1319/shark_raw_soyouz_helmet_detail.jpg

Much like Arsenal, when I see this thing, I scream COOOOOOBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

But that's just me.

gonzoguilt
05-24-2014, 9:08 AM
Ahhh, when I first read this, I was under the impression you were referring to Arsenal's helmet. I feel like a dope.

JamesM
05-27-2014, 5:31 PM
You need a certain helmet for "bob/chop" riding? hahaha Jesus

scuzzy
05-27-2014, 6:13 PM

If its not vintage then gtfo... :)

momjeans
05-27-2014, 8:25 PM
the bell rogue has to one of my least favorite helmets.. I'd get a biltwell for your bob chop outfit.

Haze
05-28-2014, 9:00 AM
If its not vintage then gtfo... :)

I don't understand what people are thinking with "vintage" helmet look. In my opinion riding isn't a fashion show. If someone really wants to protect their head, then there are some good quality modern designs that will help save your life. ... That said, I don't wear a helmet (my choice) unless its raining hard or snow/ice is on the ground, and when that's the case, I wear a modern helmet.

OP, a buddy of mine bought that rouge helmet and said he was gonna start wearing it every ride... he wore it maybe once or twice.. since then, I haven't seen him wear a helmet at all. I guess he didn't like it.

kaydee
05-28-2014, 9:28 AM
cripes, sometimes i guess i just dont get it.

siamesegun
05-28-2014, 2:16 PM
Full face or nothing at all for me.

TravisE
05-28-2014, 9:48 PM
I don't understand what people are thinking with "vintage" helmet look. In my opinion riding isn't a fashion show. If someone really wants to protect their head, then there are some good quality modern designs that will help save your life. ... That said, I don't wear a helmet (my choice) unless its raining hard or snow/ice is on the ground, and when that's the case, I wear a modern helmet.

OP, a buddy of mine bought that rouge helmet and said he was gonna start wearing it every ride... he wore it maybe once or twice.. since then, I haven't seen him wear a helmet at all. I guess he didn't like it.

WTF? Preaching about modern helmets that'll "save your life" but you never wear a helmet? You immediately contradicted yourself. Going vintage, novelty, DOT (3/4, vintage style or whatever), or modern. Any of them are better than nothing and could mean the difference between life or death in certain situations.

Haze
05-29-2014, 7:37 AM
WTF? Preaching about modern helmets that'll "save your life" but you never wear a helmet? You immediately contradicted yourself. Going vintage, novelty, DOT (3/4, vintage style or whatever), or modern. Any of them are better than nothing and could mean the difference between life or death in certain situations.

You're right, I did contradict myself. I generally don't wear a helmet and I wasn't trying to preach, but it probably seems that way. ... I had a glob of thoughts coming out at once. ....

I know some folks live in a state where there are helmet laws, so they have to wear something...... I just don't get the fashion-aspect of helmets. When the OP said "What helmet do you like the best then? For bob/chop riding.", I just don't get why it matters if your riding a bobber/chopper or anything else?.... maybe I'm just getting old.

Nottso
05-29-2014, 12:16 PM
Haze,

I get what you're saying. I also live in a free state and don't wear a helmet wherever I don't have to. But when I do have to wear one, I wear a DOT approved modern helmet. I kind of feel like "If I have to wear the damned thing, it might as well keep the cops off my ass and maybe do some good in a crash." If I had to wear one every day, though, I might go for a novelty. I can't really say for sure as I don't intend on ever living anyplace that requires lids.

bigglehitworth
05-29-2014, 8:39 PM
Biltwell makes DOT helmets.
I have a Fulmer v2 and like it pretty well.
For KiLLer helmets, check out Chemical Candy Customs if you haven't already.

TravisE
05-29-2014, 8:53 PM
You're right, I did contradict myself. I generally don't wear a helmet and I wasn't trying to preach, but it probably seems that way. ... I had a glob of thoughts coming out at once. ....

I know some folks live in a state where there are helmet laws, so they have to wear something...... I just don't get the fashion-aspect of helmets. When the OP said "What helmet do you like the best then? For bob/chop riding.", I just don't get why it matters if your riding a bobber/chopper or anything else?.... maybe I'm just getting old.

I see what you're saying. A lot of it ends up being a fashion show. Then again, I guess that's part of the fun for some.

Bauser95
05-29-2014, 11:25 PM
I luv my novdot 3/4

When it starts to get cold I will start looking for a full face helmet

Have you looked into the licks novdot? I think it's one of the most lowpro and lightest DOT approved 3/4's on the market

Fukr
05-30-2014, 3:11 PM
Why not run a bubble shield with it?

Wingnut89
05-30-2014, 4:28 PM
Full face or nothing at all for me.

My thoughts, exactly. I never will understand the point of 1/2 helmets, or anything that isn't a full face, for that matter. If you want to wear a half helmet, you may as well not wear one at all, because let's face it, if you get thrown from your bike, you can bet your ass (and if you get thrown, you just might have to) that the first thing to hit the ground ain't gonna be the top of your fucking head....And if you hit some shit and get thrown over the bars, odds are you're gonna eat a face full of pavement. If you don't want to wear a full-face, just don't wear one. Kind of pointless to try to sit in the middle of it. That's like saying, "I wanna wear my bulletproof vest, but the part that covers my breast bone is just SOOOOOOOOOOO uncomfortable, so I'm gonna wear this one with a big hole in the middle of it...."

krb
05-30-2014, 5:50 PM
I never will understand the point of 1/2 helmets, or anything that isn't a full face, for that matter.
If you're so worried about safety then WTF are you doing on a bike? And unless it's the middle of winter, why would anybody want to ride without being able to feel the wind on their face?

Wingnut89
05-30-2014, 6:48 PM
If you're so worried about safety then WTF are you doing on a bike? And unless it's the middle of winter, why would anybody want to ride without being able to feel the wind on their face?

I'm not some idiot under the impression that motorcycles are in any way safe. Hence why I'm basically saying, if you're not going to wear a full face, why bother to wear one at all. The only reason I wear a full face (and my jacket) are because if I DO go down, and I get back up, I'd prefer to keep my skin where it is. Safety is a farce. I still ride like a fucking asshole. I just prefer to do it with a helmet on. And if you want the wind on your face, open your shield...or just take the damn shield off all together...

Wingnut89
05-30-2014, 6:52 PM
PLUS unless you're wearing a scarf or some shit (in which case you'd look like a biker from the 30's, with the goggles and the leather cap, which I guess would be cool if you're going for the way, way, way, way retro style.), and you have your vents open, you still feel the wind...at least I do. It's all personal preference.

RetroRob
05-30-2014, 7:23 PM
Wore a full face helmet when I learned back in the 80s, then 3/4, now 1/2 or the leather cap and goggles. I hate wearing a helmet. I'm much more alert and aware of what's going on around me with out one. I
also ride hand shift, suicide clutch, which is just as stupid. That's just me. And I recommend everyone wear one, but I understand why some don't.

krb
05-30-2014, 8:13 PM
if you're not going to wear a full face, why bother to wear one at all.Because in the grand scheme of the things, the odds of a cop writing me a ticket for no helmet are far greater than the odds of a full face ever saving you from an injury that would not have been stopped by a 3/4 or 1/2.

have your vents open, you still feel the wind...Air from vents? There is no fucking way that you are serious with this shit. If you think that is "wind in the face" then I pity you for your over-protected life and lack of experience. You sound like a virgin saying that you don't need to have sex because it feels good when you wash your junk in the shower.

Wingnut89
05-31-2014, 12:56 PM
The only reason I say it with a "why bother" attitude is because I live in a state with no helmet law. And I also said previously it's all personal preference. Just because I don't understand quantum physics and string theory, doesn't mean nobody does. It's just my preference. I would rather wear no helmet then a half. Which is irrelevant to me because I wear a full face. Just my opinion...

Haze
06-02-2014, 4:43 PM
This weekend, my bro was waiting at a light behind a car when some bitch never stopped and smashed into the back of his bike and into the car ahead, luckily he popped up in the air several feet and landed on the ground on his back and head...... he was wearing a 3/4 helmet.... it probably saved a busted-open-head at least, maybe his life...... he's fine but his bike is toast. (he was on a bagger)

JHK
06-04-2014, 6:01 PM
I have no data to support this, but I think the Bell Rogue has been a flop. I can't prove it, and don't have the energy to look at sales numbers, but I don't ever see it on the road. I give Bell props for doing something different, but they need to fix the helmet shell. It reminds me of one of my pets: a Russian tortoise. My turtle is cool. But wearing him on my head would not be.

*as for DOT 3/4, I'd say Bell and Biltwell. Can't go wrong. And if you don't see the color scheme you want, there are a bunch of guys here who paint them. If you don't care about DOT, try a Beetle at WNDRZ shop. They also sell them on the Japanese webstore, Ocean Beetle. They're very cool 3/4s but they're NON-DOT and pricey.

krb
06-05-2014, 8:29 PM
I have no data to support this, but I think the Bell Rogue has been a flop. I can't prove it, and don't have the energy to look at sales numbers, but I don't ever see it on the road. I give Bell props for doing something different, but they need to fix the helmet shell. It reminds me of one of my pets: a Russian tortoise. My turtle is cool. But wearing him on my head would not be.
I agree. I've only seen them in the wild once or twice in the time since they were released.

krb
06-05-2014, 8:31 PM
I luv my novdot 3/4

How's the sizing on them? Any idea the right size of novdot if a large fulmer v2 fits right?

Dezertboy74
06-12-2014, 3:47 PM
I wear a Bell 500 3/4 helmet. It's comfy and light. I love it!!

4130Roadhog
06-15-2014, 3:00 PM
Buying the right helmet is like trying to find a good pair of jeans that fit right and don't pinch your nuts or give you dump ass. You just have to try on a bunch of them until you find one you like. I live in NY so I have to wear a lid, and I stay DOT because like others said, if you have to wear one it might as well protect you. I don't like half helmets because of the noise and I hate full face because I feel claustrophobic. I have a Fullmer V2, a Licks DOT 3/4 and just order a Biltwell Bonanza. The Fullmer is comfortable, but heavy as hell. The Licks is light and visibly smaller, but uncomfortable and lifts a high speed even though it is the right size. My buddy has a Biltwell Gringo and the liner is pure heaven, so I said fuck it and shelled out for a Bonanza. All about comfort and function.