PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Northern VA - I NEED SOME HELP!!

jricharc
05-23-2014, 12:18 PM
I wanted to see if there is anyone in the Northern VA area that has some experience with electronics on an older sportster. My buddy that works on electronics helped me eliminate my brake light and convert the turn signals into brake/turn signals and its giving us nothing but problems. I am willing to pay someone to come by and help diagnose the issues so I can ride my damn bike before the summers over. :banghead:

krb
05-24-2014, 1:26 AM
I don't know shit about older sportsters but I'm in NoVA and I can usually track down electrical issues in less than a 6 pack.

Did you buy an RTB controller or did he put something together for you?

jricharc
05-24-2014, 6:15 AM
He built a module with three relays based on another thread someone had created. I think the original owner did something when he swapped out the speedo and eliminated the self-canceling deal. He lives about 2hrs aways so f I can't get him to come check it out this weekend I may take you up on that offer. I am willing to supply beer and compensation for your time, I just want to ride it.

I saw you are in Manassas, I am too. I live right off 234 near Hoadly Rd behind the shopping center with the Ace Hardware.

JMLewis87
05-27-2014, 11:46 PM
He built a module with three relays based on another thread someone had created. I think the original owner did something when he swapped out the speedo and eliminated the self-canceling deal. He lives about 2hrs aways so f I can't get him to come check it out this weekend I may take you up on that offer. I am willing to supply beer and compensation for your time, I just want to ride it.

I saw you are in Manassas, I am too. I live right off 234 near Hoadly Rd behind the shopping center with the Ace Hardware.

I'm willing to come by and drink your beer and provide moral support while krb tries to track your problem down! Good to hear there are more local CC'ers nearby, I'm a slight bit further west in Warrenton....thought I was the only CC'er in the area.

jricharc
05-28-2014, 11:55 AM
Well I convinced my buddy to come over and after referring to the service manual we found that the turn signal module is bad. Harley wanted $150 so I said screw it I will go without a left turn signal for now. I appreciate the offers and perhaps we could meet up one weekend.

krb
05-28-2014, 7:50 PM
There's no need to pay the Hundred Dollar tax on a flasher module. You should be able to take the old one to any parts store and find one with the same pin pattern and be GTG.