PDA

View Full Version : What are these 2 holes for?

Newestontheblock
05-22-2014, 12:27 PM
Right underneeth the front tank mount, there are 2 threaded holes that slightly jut out from the inner corners of the tank.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDkwMA==/z/JE8AAOxyf1dTJx-q/$_57.JPG

In the bottom right hand corner, those look like they fit in there. What are they/what purpose do they have?

https://www.denniskirk.com/dk/product_images/18/600pix/183355.jpg

RetroRob
05-22-2014, 12:32 PM
crossover pipe because of the deep tunnel. thread in the 2 pipe barbs and connect with gas line and clamps

Newestontheblock
05-22-2014, 12:36 PM
crossover pipe because of the deep tunnel. thread in the 2 pipe barbs and connect with gas line and clamps

That makes perfect sense. How are you suppose to seal a gas tank though? wouldn't something like red koat either sealer it up or cause the threads to be covered?

RetroRob
05-22-2014, 12:46 PM
i sealed mine with readcoat ok. let it run out the holes, then scrape out the threads use pipe tape on the fittings. I rabn the same tank on my triumph. i had to unscrew the fittings everytime i pulled the tank

Newestontheblock
05-22-2014, 12:56 PM
i sealed mine with readcoat ok. let it run out the holes, then scrape out the threads use pipe tape on the fittings. I rabn the same tank on my triumph. i had to unscrew the fittings everytime i pulled the tank

Good to hear. Did you wait tell the red koat was dry when you scraped the threads? or did you do it while it was wet?

RetroRob
05-22-2014, 1:19 PM
both. i let it run to the front corners,

Newestontheblock
05-22-2014, 1:28 PM
both. i let it run to the front corners,

Cool. So then did you do the same for the gas cap? Since its recessed into the tank. I would assume the best way to seal it would be to tape over the top of the entire tank (where it is flush) and just let the red kote run over the gas cap threads. Then wipe them?

RetroRob
05-22-2014, 6:49 PM
Just let the top off, didn't worry about the filler threads

Newestontheblock
05-23-2014, 12:37 AM
You guy's have any idea what size these pipe barbs are? I went to 3 different hardware shops today, no one had any that would fit. Smallest that they all carried was 1/8th. Anyone know?

mreed
05-23-2014, 2:13 AM
looks like they come with the tank if that pic is where you are buying it from