PDA

View Full Version : What would fit me best, common bike sizes for builds.

ZXROM
05-20-2014, 12:20 PM
Hi, new here, no proper into other than I'm from Florida and currently ride an 08 zx6r, been wanting to do a retro style bike build even before I started riding sport bikes. So right off the bat is my question, I'm 6'2 200 lb, most bikes I like seem to be low cca and it worries me since they are typycally small, so far I've looked at a bunch of VLX 600s and theyre quite small, at least seem to me that way, any tall builders have any conceens over the size of their bikes and have any photos of you on the bike? I'm also looking at Vulcan 800s, are they any bigger than the VLX? Thanks in advance, I'm hoping to pick up a project here real soon, so I'll be a bit more active.

spidr
05-20-2014, 12:22 PM
I've got a 400, and an 1100. I'm 6'3" 220lbs
I look like an elephant on a tricycle on the 400 even though its raked and stretched. The 1100 is huge, but it fits me just right. Havent had the big one out in a long time, since before the rebuild, but I dont really care how the 400 looks, its fun to ride, and still has decent giddyup.

JohnnyRainbow
05-20-2014, 2:54 PM
If you can fold yourself into a zx6r at your size, you can pretty much ride anything. Build or modify seat, pegs/controls, and bars to suit your comfort/riding style.

paulw
05-20-2014, 10:47 PM
I thought i looked a little weird on a sportster being 6 foot tall and 200 pounds, once I hardtailed and stretched it a bit and moved the controls it was super comfortable. It really all depends on where your controls are, your bar height/pullback etc. and your seat postion, which is all changeable