PDA

View Full Version : Jammer Frame

Neil74
05-19-2014, 2:39 PM
Hi, I am new here, I found your site while surfing.I am building a 73 Sportster chopper with my nephew and I have run into a problem with the frame.The bike had a bad swingarm frame that was bent and the welds were broken so I purchased a Hardtail frame from E-Bay. I was told the frame was an early Sporty frame and there were no numbers on the frame as it was registered thru the engine. We were prepping the frame to paint it and found Jammer 74 Stamped on the bracket for the kick stand, now I am wondering if there should also be numbers some where on this frame too? Does any one know where they would be on a Jammer 74 Sportster hardtail frame?

Ramzilla
05-19-2014, 6:44 PM
I imagine the numbers would be on the neck? Not sure. I did have this saved in my abundance of junk though. If you wanna sell that frame let me know.
http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w587/ramzilla1500/Jammer_zps57171b4b.jpg

Neil74
05-19-2014, 8:24 PM
Thanks Ramzilla, My nephews first Harley and I am building it with him to teach him about it inside and out.So I am going to keep this frame and tomorrow we'll sandblast it down good and look for numbers. Thanks Neil74

SBMarks3
03-12-2016, 8:05 PM
Hi, I am new here, I found your site while surfing.I am building a 73 Sportster chopper with my nephew and I have run into a problem with the frame.The bike had a bad swingarm frame that was bent and the welds were broken so I purchased a Hardtail frame from E-Bay. I was told the frame was an early Sporty frame and there were no numbers on the frame as it was registered thru the engine. We were prepping the frame to paint it and found Jammer 74 Stamped on the bracket for the kick stand, now I am wondering if there should also be numbers some where on this frame too? Does any one know where they would be on a Jammer 74 Sportster hardtail frame?

I know I'm two years late on ,but the ID number is on the cross member at the base of the saddle post on the right hand side.