PDA

View Full Version : Sexy bitch won't start, weak/no spark

Thearmymademedumb
05-06-2014, 7:54 PM
Build is fully together, but the beautiful bitch will not start. No spark.

Battery has full charge, new plugs (NGK iridium), new plug wires.

Screamin eagle Ignition module is flashing like it's supposed to, no reason to think its bad.

Screamin eagle coil passes all voltage and ohm tests from the manual.

Grounding the plug against the motor will produce a weak, intermittent spark. Grounding the plug with a lead direct to negative battery terminal produces same result. I'm fucking stumped. Please advise. Thanks.

Clockwork444
05-06-2014, 8:20 PM
check voltage output to the coil plugs? you could be under powering the coil

Sky
05-06-2014, 8:49 PM
What type of ignition switch and/or start switch are you using?
Sometimes the starter steals amps while cranking = weak spark
Did it run before? Has the ignition or timing changed during the build?

Thearmymademedumb
05-06-2014, 9:03 PM
Switch is the bolt on harness from Road 6 with an interrupter switch inline. http://store.road6customs.com/Bolt-On-Wiring-Harness-Key-Switch-for-Our-Hardtails-WIR0001.htm. All wiring is correct. It ran right before breakdown, about 4 months ago. Timing should not have changed, but it would still be throwing a spark.....right?

ruckus2115
05-09-2014, 9:29 AM
any luck on getting this started? i just rebuilt my 87 sporty and put in a dyna 2000i. i used the lowbrow vintage spark plug wires...and although i was getting spark i thought it was weak. went through the dyna instructions and saw that you can not use metal core plug wires....so i have new spiral core type suppression plug wires coming in the mail. i am hoping this will work.....let us know if you have figured out anything with your bike.
thanks...

Thearmymademedumb
05-09-2014, 10:29 AM
It runs and is so amazingly sexy. It needed a new ignition module. Dyna 2000i. Started straight up. Thanks for all the help.

Braaap
05-09-2014, 10:40 AM
It runs and is so amazingly sexy. It needed a new ignition module. Dyna 2000i. Started straight up. Thanks for all the help.

all this sexy talk is useless without pics....