PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a stock battery box mount for evo sportsters , can any one help?

spiritofrebellion
04-12-2014, 8:54 AM
I have a 1990 sporty 1200 with the stock battery box . Its a two part mount and the part that connects to the oil tank rattled off while riding . Im getting my primary cover powder coated so having my box all willy nilly and bouncing off my fresh paint is a negative tango . Does any on know where I can get the mounts online or maybe some one has one kicking around the garage? Thanks - Jonny

tattoo2303
04-12-2014, 12:27 PM
are you looking for the little rubber double stud things? or the battery tray?

troyt
04-15-2014, 2:31 PM
Happened to my 89. Gotta update to the later model with two more mounts from the oil tank to battery box or rig something on the old one. Poor design.

PoonTang
04-21-2014, 8:21 PM
I might have what your needing man. I just got done Hardtailing mine. If I have it,just pay the shipping and its yours if you want it.... Mine is a 98

spiritofrebellion
04-22-2014, 11:11 AM
Happened to my 89. Gotta update to the later model with two more mounts from the oil tank to battery box or rig something on the old one. Poor design.

Do you have any links to the updated mount?

spiritofrebellion
04-22-2014, 11:29 AM
I might have what your needing man. I just got done Hardtailing mine. If I have it,just pay the shipping and its yours if you want it.... Mine is a 98

That's half of the problem is I don't really know what the part is that im looking for since it fell off before I had a chance to look at it . Its held in by on bolt right now . Theres a hole in the tray for a bolt but I don't really see where it could connect to anything,there must be some sort of L bracket im assuming . If you could scope out the setup that would be EXTREMELY helpful man!

PoonTang
04-22-2014, 7:22 PM
That's half of the problem is I don't really know what the part is that im looking for since it fell off before I had a chance to look at it . Its held in by on bolt right now . Theres a hole in the tray for a bolt but I don't really see where it could connect to anything,there must be some sort of L bracket im assuming . If you could scope out the setup that would be EXTREMELY helpful man!
Sure man,I'll check it out tomorrow and take some pictures....

spiritofrebellion
04-26-2014, 11:11 AM
Sure man,I'll check it out tomorrow and take some pictures....

Hey bro , did you ever scope that out ?