PDA

View Full Version : long dude. short bike.

jthomasbtm
04-09-2014, 7:38 PM
So I'm in the process of building a 76 cb500t chop. Got the fender and seat mounted today and ran into a bit of snag. It's a hardtailed frame with barely any stretch and I'm 6' 7". So I thought I'd be able to run mids, I was sadly mistaken. If I put my feet in the mid position it looks like I'm riding a sport bike. So im at the point where I could run forwards, but I don't wanna fork out a few hundred for them. But without them I'm screwed as far as my controls go i.e. rear brake and shift lever. I'm not opposed to doing a jockey shift, but I lack the talent or know how to even start to create a foot clutch and don't want to mount it to the actual shifter itself. Unless someone can provide me with proof that it can be done without looking like dog shit. So I guess what I'm asking is if anyone else has ran into this problem. Also, anyone out there with a narrow sportster or alien tank with a deep tunnel? This wassel I have isn't cutting it.

jthomasbtm
04-09-2014, 7:49 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/2hd35mw.jpg

thats with my feet up on the tranny and sproket case. actually prefer my feet that height if i could just get the controls figured out.

Arsenal
04-10-2014, 1:30 AM
Put your foot pegs where you want em and make a linkage for the brakes and run your clutch lever on your shifter.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1c1iJXMMWDk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wymple
04-14-2014, 10:05 AM
You are definitely long. Maybe sit on the passenger perch? JK, us really short guys take our shots when we can.......