PDA

View Full Version : listen to what this asshole has to say

kromsucks
04-08-2010, 6:39 PM
what a douch wagon http://www.goingfaster.com/angst/noharley2.html

wickedblockhead
04-08-2010, 6:45 PM
that was too long to waste my time reading all of it. after this shit i just realized that he must have been fired from the assembly line.

"A Harley isn't a motorcycle. Not a real motorcycle. It is nothing more than a rolling image, a self-propelled personal public relations machine that you rent for your ego, a facade that you strap your legs over when you want to show off to the rest of the world that you are something that you really aren't."

Joey
04-08-2010, 6:57 PM
I don't agree with everything he has to say, but I don't disagree either. He forgot to mention the V-Rod. While it isn't the most popular, and it certainly isn't anything groundbreaking, it is one of Harley's most "forward thinking" designs... maybe ever. The Nova project may have done wonders for the MoCo, or it may have sunk it. Instead we got the Evo, at least in a roundabout way.

That being said I think he makes a lot of good points. We have guys buying softails and putting inverted Italian fron ends on them... why? because they should have bought an Italian bike but instead had to have the "image" of the Harley and its potato-potato sound.

Ride them for what they are. For the most part an antiquated design that is built around nostalgia. Part of that nostalgia is the image. Take it or leave it, that's where we stand in my eyes.

kromsucks
04-08-2010, 7:03 PM
That being said I think he makes a lot of good points. We have guys buying softails and putting inverted Italian fron ends on them... why? because they should have bought an Italian bike but instead had to have the "image" of the Harley and its potato-potato sound.

my dad put a ceriani front end on his fxdx because he doesnt like sportbikes but he likes a nice frontend whats the big deal with that. just because you wear chinese shoes doesnt mean you like chinese food does it.

CreepyJack13
04-08-2010, 7:04 PM
Yep. What Joey said.

SMChewy
04-08-2010, 7:21 PM
Got to the cartoon and stopped. Talk about a long bitch session. If I wanted all that I'd just pic a fight with my old lady. Apparently the 4-5k I have invested in my Harley is way too much, and I could own a much nicer jap bike for that much?...... I should have bought a Gold Wing. Lol. There are lovers and haters of everything. It's always best to just ignore the negativity and do what makes you happy. That being said, according to the article, I gotta get down to the dealership and get some chaps and a new jacket. I need to make sure I got this image thing down. Guess no more riding in a hoodie for me, I wanna be a badass!!!!

justinspace
04-08-2010, 7:21 PM
v-rod
various
resemblances of
oriental
design

kromsucks
04-08-2010, 7:23 PM
Got to the cartoon and stopped. Talk about a long bitch session. If I wanted all that I'd just pic a fight with my old lady. Apparently the 4-5k I have invested in my Harley is way too much, and I could own a much nicer jap bike for that much?...... I should have bought a Gold Wing. Lol. There are lovers and haters of everything. It's always best to just ignore the negativity and do what makes you happy. That being said, according to the article, I gotta get down to the dealership and get some chaps and a new jacket. I need to make sure I got this image thing down. Guess no more riding in a hoodie for me, I wanna be a badass!!!!

Agreed

kromsucks
04-08-2010, 7:24 PM
v-rod
various
resemblances of
oriental
design

Double agreed

kromsucks
04-08-2010, 7:26 PM
And honestly everyone here likes harleys because if you didnt you wouldnt be on american tech would you now VRODS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just puttin that out there

jonnyrtn
04-08-2010, 7:34 PM
That thing is real old, I believe it made it on the net before the V-Rod was copied from the japaneeesesss... guy who wrote it is probably dead by now.

Nunnu
04-08-2010, 7:46 PM
All I can say is....I would NEVER buy a bike off the showroom floor, EVER.

me
04-08-2010, 7:48 PM
HAHA this is so funny i was just thinkin the other day i have seen that thing posted on every forum i have belonged on and was greatfull shit like this didn't get posted on this fourm...thanks for ruinin it for me haha

JUNK PILE ANYONE

kromsucks
04-08-2010, 7:55 PM
junk this shit (i dont know how to)

Joey
04-08-2010, 7:56 PM
And honestly everyone here likes harleys because if you didnt you wouldnt be on american tech would you now VRODS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just puttin that out there

Knuckle guys hated pans, Pan guys hated Shovels, Shovel guys hated Evos, Evo guys hate Twin Cams, Twin cam guys hate V-Rods, and V-rod guys hate all of them because they are old.

It's like Genesis, only cooler because it's real.

I can like something and still see it for what it is. That is part of the character of my motorcycle, it has it's upsides and its downsides.

Obviously this guy seemed to have an agenda against Harley Davidson. There are a lot of guys that ride HDs that wear rose colored glasses as well. It is hard to find a bike built buy a major manufacturer today that isn't a good quality motorcycle. That said, they all have their limitations.

As far as the Ceriani forks on the FXDX goes, to each his own. The cartridge forks on that bike were pretty damned good. Unless he upgraded a lot of other stuff as well the $3000 spent on a front end seems overkill.... but again to each his own.

At least an FXDX handles.

xllance
04-08-2010, 8:03 PM
I don't think V-rods suck, I just don't want one and that's ok. Dude you should spend more quality time with your Ironhead and less time worrying about what everyone else thinks. JMHO : )

turtle
04-08-2010, 8:06 PM
The ass hole lost me at the third marrage trailer park shit! This guy doesn't have hemmiroids because he is a perfect ass hole. With the better than thou attitude. He should hurry up and move to Japan where he might not get his ass kicked. Real bikers live everywhere"trailer park my ass" And some have been married a few times. I am sure this puss is perfect in every way. I'd like to kick his perfect ass! He's worried more than anyone else trying to justify himself. That 's one more thing real bikers don't do. If you don't like us,it tough shit! What an ass. Hey I don't get steamed often but that did it! I got american and metric bikes.....let him come and try and figure me out!!!!!!!!!!

Revelator
04-08-2010, 8:12 PM
I got a headache reading just half of that.

Hey It's no secret that Harley motors are primitive beasts when compared to modern
jap motors. the valve train, push rod design has it's limits. Max Power & Longivity will be some
kind of compromise.

Harley's ARE crap & that's what makes them special, It takes a Real Man to keep these shitty bikes
operating at there best. Also, Man was made to Chop, & Harley's are the ultimate hunk of metal for choppin.
Also, The nasty, beastly rumble of a Harley motor increases Testosterone levels. (Good 4 U)
Fuck Progress!

hugodv01
04-08-2010, 8:17 PM
i kinda like v-rods. i think someone should chop one.

xllance
04-08-2010, 8:19 PM
Never seen a Yamaha tattoo.

hugodv01
04-08-2010, 8:21 PM
http://thekneeslider.com/images/2009/08/wonder-rev2.jpg

BullDog
04-08-2010, 8:26 PM
Fuck that douchebag. Did I really just lose 15 minutes of my life reading that shit? I ain't been married 3 times but I'm proud to be a trailer park junkie!! Haha.

SMChewy
04-08-2010, 9:01 PM
This guy doesn't have hemmiroids because he is a perfect ass hole.

Ha ha ha. Best line ever. I'm gonna have to remember that one Turtle!

xllance
04-08-2010, 9:31 PM
The ass hole lost me at the third marrage trailer park shit! This guy doesn't have hemmiroids because he is a perfect ass hole. With the better than thou attitude. He should hurry up and move to Japan where he might not get his ass kicked. Real bikers live everywhere"trailer park my ass" And some have been married a few times. I am sure this puss is perfect in every way. I'd like to kick his perfect ass! He's worried more than anyone else trying to justify himself. That 's one more thing real bikers don't do. If you don't like us,it tough shit! What an ass. Hey I don't get steamed often but that did it! I got american and metric bikes.....let him come and try and figure me out!!!!!!!!!!

He hehe, first time I've seen Turtle on a rant!! Love it.

Sawbones
04-08-2010, 9:42 PM
This is older than the internets. My favorite comment about it was on XL Forum; something like, "Well, someone had his girlfriend stolen by a guy on a Harley."
Really though, he's right about everything. The only thing the guy doesn't understand is that most of us don't ride Harleys for performance. We ride them because we like riding and wrenching on vintage and antique iron. Simple as that.

SMChewy
04-08-2010, 9:43 PM
This is older than the internets. My favorite comment about it was on XL Forum; something like, "Well, someone had his girlfriend stolen by a guy on a Harley."
Really though, he's right about everything. The only thing the guy doesn't understand is that most of us don't ride Harleys for performance. We ride them because we like riding and wrenching on vintage and antique iron. Simple as that.

+1

NeoDutch
04-08-2010, 9:58 PM
Only needed to get to the second paragraph to realise he's full of shit.

carl609
04-08-2010, 10:20 PM
We ride them because we like riding and wrenching on vintage and antique iron. Simple as that.

Exactly. I am into old bikes. Mine isnt anything super vintage, but some day I will have one. I dig all the old stuff, be it a Harley, Triumph, Honda, or anything in between. I wouldnt buy a new bike, regardless of where its made. Well, maybe a Triumph Thruxton, just because I think they are bitchin.

This guy has too much time on his hands to type that "keyboard diarrhea", but then again, I read most of it.

rustrocket84
04-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Knuckle guys hated pans, Pan guys hated Shovels, Shovel guys hated Evos, Evo guys hate Twin Cams, Twin cam guys hate V-Rods, and V-rod guys hate all of them because they are old.

It's like Genesis, only cooler because it's real.

What the fuck does Phil Collins and Genesis have to do with motorcycles?

If you buy a Harley based on it being on the cutting edge of technology, you are a fucking retard. No offense meant to the handicapped, but for crying out loud man you are dumb. The technology is older than me, even on their newest bikes. When a Harley gets 80-90 hp out of a 96 inch motor are you kidding me. You can get close to that from a fucking 700 yamaha raptor quad. Old technology being sold for it's heritage. Yes I own one, and it runs great and keeps me from doing less than mach 1.5 so it does it's job. I'd surely be dead if ever owned a sportbike.

rustrocket84
04-08-2010, 11:18 PM
and the Phil Collins and Genesis comment was a joke. I know it was a biblical reference, I just personally have no religion.

Joey
04-08-2010, 11:26 PM
and the Phil Collins and Genesis comment was a joke. I know it was a biblical reference, I just personally have no religion.

That was the point of the "because it's real"

As for the other post I hope it was a general statement. I never once said a Harley was cutting edge. As a matter of fact I called them tractors. And not the cool ones with tank treads.

For those of you on the west coast disregard this talk about "tractors". They are mythical beasts only seen in the make believe world of the midwest.

Joey
04-08-2010, 11:29 PM
, you are a fucking retard. No offense meant to the handicapped, but for crying out loud man you are dumb. .

Also... really???

Not to be overly sensitive but c'mon

FlashMotorWorks
04-08-2010, 11:50 PM
For those of you on the west coast disregard this talk about "tractors". They are mythical beasts only seen in the make believe world of the midwest.

holy shit haha.

Damn this black echo qweah must be a genious or sum shit....look at his huge ass head.
http://www.goingfaster.com/angst/me.jpg

dublinmatty
04-09-2010, 12:07 AM

Ride them for what they are. For the most part an antiquated design that is built around nostalgia. Part of that nostalgia is the image. Take it or leave it, that's where we stand in my eyes.

Actually douche i rode ducati, moto guzzi (a real antiquated machine) and a rigid 10 years ago before i injured my back. Inverted forks are used on Sportster XR1200(imagine that with a 18x120 front tire) motorcross and dirt bikes also. You do realize harley owns MV Agusta, dont you?

I have a harley that handles like a sport bike that is NOT a water-cooled engine (and not a Buell) I have what i want. Why does it bother you?

dublinmatty
04-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Never seen a Yamaha tattoo.

found through google search LOL

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2447/3826614947_9f1094e1ac.jpg&imgrefurl=http://flickr.com/photos/58017582%40N00/3826614947/&usg=__6BAppeAFGTRwd3H_q4Qc89wVbfw=&h=375&w=500&sz=132&hl=en&start=5&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=R9-tF_HDrwy1FM:&tbnh=98&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dyamaha%2Btattoo%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26 client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26tbs%3Disch:1

HFMC
04-09-2010, 2:16 AM
Actually douche i rode ducati, moto guzzi (a real antiquated machine) and a rigid 10 years ago before i injured my back. Inverted forks are used on motorcross and dirt bikes also. You do realize harley owns MV Agusta, dont you?

I have a harley that handles like a sport bike that is NOT a water-cooled engine (and not a Buell) I have what i want. Why does it bother you?

Oh boy, are you two gonna go at it again on a second thread?????? Hahaha

markymarkFTW
04-09-2010, 4:37 AM
whatever the end result is this guy is an asswipe and has too much time on his hands and is prolly just pissed cause his ol lady left him for some one with an ultra classic lol

dublinmatty
04-09-2010, 9:12 AM
the guy in the original link ranting about harley davidson reminds me of the quote every board and everybody has heard from Sonny Barger :

"it has always been important for hells angles to ride american made machines. in terms of pure workmanship, personally i dont like harleys. i ride them cause i am in the club and and that is the image, but if i could, i would seriously consider riding a HONDA ST1100 or a bmw. we really missed the boat not switching over to the japanese models when they began building bigger bikes. ill usually say "**** harley davidson". you can buy an ST1100 and the mother****er will do 110 mph right from the factory all day long. while it is too late to switch over now, it would have been a nice move cause japenese bikes today are much cheaper and better built, however they dont have as much personaility."

Guess thats why he is riding a Vision Vision now:

http://community.cruisercustomizing.com/_Sold-to-Sonny-Barger-do-not-touch-/BLOG/60199/22960.html

NHMike
04-09-2010, 9:40 AM
Check out the feedback:

http://www.goingfaster.com/angst/harleyfeedback.htm

Funny shit, he called someone a "Dick Whistle" hahahahahaha, I've added that to my vocabulary, hahahahahaha

dublinmatty
04-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Check out the feedback:

http://www.goingfaster.com/angst/harleyfeedback.htm

Funny shit, he called someone a "Dick Whistle" hahahahahaha, I've added that to my vocabulary, hahahahahaha

I like the "birth certificate" being an apology letter from the condom company

rustrocket84
04-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Also... really???

Not to be overly sensitive but c'mon

Just so you know I read that you call them tractors, and I'm not calling you a retard. Nothing was directed at you personally so don't take it that way. Same with the Genesis thing. It was meant as a joke. I hear all to often from people who are buying their first Harley or motorcycle about the great changes that Harley has made to their bikes. Those are the people that make me laugh. Like the jack ass that puts a system on his bagger and proceeds to listen to Justin Timberlake or some other stupid ass shit at decibel levels that would rival going to an AC/DC concert.

And that mythical beasts comment is funny as shit. The only tractors I see in SoCal are big yellow ones moving dirt for the next condominium complex going in only to stay vacant.

oldmansporty63
04-09-2010, 12:55 PM
found through google search LOL

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2447/3826614947_9f1094e1ac.jpg&imgrefurl=http://flickr.com/photos/58017582%40N00/3826614947/&usg=__6BAppeAFGTRwd3H_q4Qc89wVbfw=&h=375&w=500&sz=132&hl=en&start=5&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=R9-tF_HDrwy1FM:&tbnh=98&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dyamaha%2Btattoo%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26 client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26tbs%3Disch:1

thats not a yamaha tat, its the STICK A FEW FORKS IN HIM, HE'S DONE tat lol

number1son
04-10-2010, 8:55 PM
That's funny I didn't read the whole thing but the part that I did I didn't see the part where somebody told him he had to have one.I've owned jap bikes before and for the most part they are better machines but they do lack that certain something.Mabe it's because I have never had to talk to them i.e. come on start or come on stay together or the fact that they are so smooth I was afraid I would fall asleep. But that's why they say it's a free country, at least in that respect.

wickedblockhead
04-10-2010, 8:58 PM
i just rode my fake motorcycle 720 miles in two days and i was huntin down "real" bikes the whole way.

number1son
04-10-2010, 9:01 PM
Did you wear your harley approved road gear W.B.so everybody would think you was a bad ass.

junkyardjon
04-10-2010, 9:09 PM
i think it's spot on. it has nothing to do with building bikes or working on them. it's about buying a new bike and thinking your the shit with your new HD when there really a P.O.S. overpriced junk. yall know the types it's talking about. yall get offended when someone don't think the same way? thats even more funny LOL. ride what you like and don't care what others think, but i could be wrong

revmike
04-10-2010, 9:23 PM
What the fuck does Phil Collins have to do with religion? Does he own a harley?

lol

~Rev Mike

junkyardjon
04-10-2010, 9:36 PM
does Elton John own a harley? no wait, thats another topic

revmike
04-10-2010, 9:39 PM
The guy is absolutely correct, depending on who he is talking to. I don't think there are many here in this room that are part of the target audience. I can see the people he is talking about everyday. In FACT I saw about 10 of them today. I was cruising around town on my little cb750 cafe rat bike and the posers were out in force.

I waved at some elderly stud on a bagger and he just sorta smirked and nodded at me. Doesn't he realize how much time and effort I have to put into my bike just to keep it running? I bet he never had to trim the choke during a ride because his carb was jetted wrong after he stripped out the air cleaners.... hell he probably never owned a bike with a carb....

I understand the point of the guy's ranting web page. he's basically badmouthing the poseurs and the misinformed. Nothing we don't do everyday. Just because he said "biker" doesn't mean he's talking to you.

I lived in a nice trailer court near Emerald Isle in North Carolina.... my trailer is probably still there...

~Rev Mike

revmike
04-10-2010, 9:43 PM
does Elton John own a harley? no wait, thats another topic
I'm sure if Ricky Martin had owned an FLH instead of a Sportster, he wouldn't have to be gay now....

junkyardjon
04-10-2010, 9:52 PM
now that is funny!!!!!

number1son
04-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Not that I disagree with the poser part but I believe he was attacking the home built bikes by talking about the ones that barely run or are cobbled together, he wrote something like that. it's was toward the beginning because I didn't get to far into it, but it doesn't matter anyway he is probably like the asshole cop that pulled me over last summer and gave me shit about every part of my bike then he got to the subject of my straight pipes which I questioned why he waited about a half hour after i was pulled over when he was graspping for a ticket to write me and he had already ran my slips.I asked him why that wasn't the first thing he sighted for the stop because he had followed me around three streets. I then asked the procedure for testing them and he told me it was to be 10' away and redline the bike at 7 grand, I as nicely as possible told him that besides my bike not reving to seven grand,I bellived no bike would pass because of valvetrain noise. He assured me that his bike a st500 or what ever it was would do it no problem.Bingo found his chip.He then eyeballed my helmet and I was ticketed and warned that he didn't care what the hell I was doing with my hands[shifting and signalling] he see's me again he going to write me up for something.Some people are just bitches myself included after this longwinded bastard of a post.

revmike
04-10-2010, 10:32 PM
True, but that was all build up for his big point which was really that a true American company or "the" America company should be building far better bikes. I think, if I understood him correctly, he laid that ability at the altar of Erik Buell.

I think if you got a group of poseurs and 20 folks off of Chop Cult. The Cult guys would be far less offended even though they probably have more to be offended about, since they actually work to keep their bikes going and make something out of them. But they also hold the same opinion of the posers.

I bet the guy finally bought an FXR and a HD jacket.... helmet.... boots.... underwear...... gloves....... key ring....... DVD player .......... coffee mug ............ dog collar .......... etc...

http://www.acmcomputer.com/31200jt/fxr.jpg

revmike
04-10-2010, 10:33 PM
That's actually a nice bagger....

http://www.acmcomputer.com/31200jt/fxr.jpg

number1son
04-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Thats like one of those fxrt so I dont think that counts as a bagger.Yeah right.But there aren't any cup holders visible in the picture so I am pretty sure you won't see it at a hog rally at least.

revmike
04-10-2010, 11:36 PM
It's all shiny, I bet he rides it to the car wash every day and polishes it in the driveway in his leather vest.

Not really HOG ready, is it? Where are the tassels?

http://www.ebeanstalk.com/images/products/800-024.jpg

rustrocket84
04-11-2010, 12:25 AM
Funny ass shit. I could really care less what people think of my bike. I like it and it fits me like a fucking glove. Even the piece of diamond plate that I sit on because when I started changing it around I didn't have the talent to make a nice seat. Not that I do now, but I'm damned sure I can make a decent one with some padding. My bike runs strong enough for me. If it ran much faster I'm sure I'd be dead because I do some stupid ass shit at times.

Rev I'm glad you found some humor in the Phil Collins and Genesis thing. Tough part of internet posting is nobody can see my face or hear me laugh when I type shit out. If we ever end up in the same state, or gathering I'll buy you a beer.

Same offer to you Joey.

rustrocket84
04-11-2010, 12:37 AM
i just rode my fake motorcycle 720 miles in two days and i was huntin down "real" bikes the whole way.

First off I want to have a beer with you somewhere in Oregon. Or somewhere else outside of CA because I'm ready for a road trip.

I love how you said you were hunting down real bikes. I know that my HD isn't the fastest bike on the road, but I know what it's capable of and I'm pretty damn comfortable on her. I love nothing more on my morning commute than to catch a guy on a 1.0 liter sportbike, and pass him. Just like I hate it when those assholes split lanes up to 25mph then rides the white line at 35 and won't pass. I have probably over 200k miles between my first Harley, and my current one. Never once, knock on wood, have they left me stranded from anything that wasn't my fault. <--Yes I have done some dumb shit trying to make it lighter, faster, or more simple.

wickedblockhead
04-11-2010, 8:56 AM
im just gonna say this and then im done, or maybe not haha
i notice that the controls from the factory are beefier on my "HD's" than the metric bikes. The quality of the build looks better. stuff doent look "chinsy". i dont know if i spelled it right terry. i also like the way the motor "feels" and rides. the low end torque vs the high wailing hp. id love to see a real hd race bike, but they kicked him to the curb. im sure a guy like Mr Buell will find a way to rebound, maybe he will hook up with the confederate guys. ive owned several bikes in my lifetime, ridden the piss out of them, wrecked them, been all over with them. all differnet makes, nationallities. i love my current bike the best. kinda like my "pinnacle' if you will. i set it up to do what i want. i dont give a fuck what factory builds em, it will never be set up the way i like it until i do it. now thats not saying the my shovel isnt going to be the best bike in the fuckin world.. cuz it will be, but back to the original point, i think the hds are just built better now. how many million mile jap bike s do you see out there? i know of a few evos....

oh and about that beer rusty... ill buy the 2nd round

xllance
04-11-2010, 12:29 PM
One thing about it is you never see a Harley leaned up against a tree in someone's backyard. A few years ago my dad was coming to a rally a day after me and he called and told me he was broke down around Clayton NM. I hustled some crap together to run to his aid and while I was packing it all in my bags at the quickee mart some GoldWing riders start quizzing me. I told them the story and they asked what kind of bike it was (old ironhead). I told them and they all gave each other a knowing glance with the smartass smirks and one says "yeah a Harley huh?" I say yeah it's nearly forty years old, we'll see if anyone even wants your Gold weinies after 20 years. They'll still be running if well maintained but they'll be leaning up against the shade tree. They left without another word, at first it bugged me that they never even offered to help then I realized it was because they wouldn't know how.

RIPshitRIOT
04-11-2010, 1:39 PM
Why are y'all gettin butt-hurt about this? We're all just a bunch of Fags anyway.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cq9Pj2mEimo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cq9Pj2mEimo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

number1son
04-11-2010, 7:02 PM
The problem is were just not being loud enough. HMMBRABRAAHMMBRABRAA

bdbecker
04-14-2010, 3:44 PM
"...The target buyer for Harley Davidson, if I read their ads correctly, are male overweight, middle aged, sexually repressed ex-cons with an abundance of tattoos, body and facial hair, and odious personal habits. They also tend to have a severe leather fetish with a passion for chains, tassels, and metal studs..."

Hey! Who are you callin' middle aged? I'm not even 30 yet!

dublinmatty
04-15-2010, 1:49 AM
"...The target buyer for Harley Davidson, if I read their ads correctly, are male overweight, middle aged, sexually repressed ex-cons with an abundance of tattoos, body and facial hair, and odious personal habits. They also tend to have a severe leather fetish with a passion for chains, tassels, and metal studs..."

Hey! Who are you callin' middle aged? I'm not even 30 yet!

that sounds like the Blue Oyster Bar LOL

altshovel
04-16-2010, 9:54 PM
I like the tassels on the nipple covers.

brianblack
04-22-2010, 3:40 PM
All I can say is....I would NEVER buy a bike off the showroom floor, EVER.

+1

brianblack
04-22-2010, 3:44 PM
I got a headache reading just half of that.

Hey It's no secret that Harley motors are primitive beasts when compared to modern
jap motors. the valve train, push rod design has it's limits. Max Power & Longivity will be some
kind of compromise.

Harley's ARE crap & that's what makes them special, It takes a Real Man to keep these shitty bikes
operating at there best. Also, Man was made to Chop, & Harley's are the ultimate hunk of metal for choppin.
Also, The nasty, beastly rumble of a Harley motor increases Testosterone levels. (Good 4 U)
Fuck Progress!

well said

possum
05-03-2010, 8:22 PM
who ever wrote all that prolly just couldnt afford a harley...i worked on jap bikes for 2 years and i now work at harley dealer...yes some stereo types are true about harley riders... i need every part possible chrome,everything i wear has to say harley davidson on it those are the credit card bikers..but clearly the guy didnt know what he was talking about saying the sportster is the fastest bike harley has to offer my built soft tail is definately no joke ....idiot...compare any jap cruiser to a harley..you will find of the jap parts are plastic and pig metal..most jap motors get maybe 50000 mile out of them.if well maintained and serviced i have seen harleys role into my shop with over100000 miles...with just general maintanence done to them...coming from both worlds and seeing the technology in both types of scoot the harley is far superior...if you want to compare a soft tail to a cbr1000 yeah there is a big difference but they are two completely diffrent beasts... its like comparing apples to oranges..but any jap CRUISER hands down cannot hold a candle to an hd and i have witnessed it first hand.. the closest compition they have is probally yamaha..and they are riddled with cheap parts and shabby wiring. just like the rest..and if you want to talk speed and performance. harley has the fastest cruiser on the market the vrod..even tho its not my cup of tea and i wouldnt own one it still beats the yamaha warrior,kawasaki meanstreak,honda vtx1800,and the victory hammer in most all aspects(these type of shoot outs have been documented in numerous motocycle magazines) just saying he can think what he wants but i have seen first hand what jap bikes are made of and what hd has to offer and lets just put it this way.... i work at harley davidson now becuase in these shity times and shity economy the honda/ kawsaki dealership i did work at went out of buisness....while the hd dealer i work is thriving amd actually is hiring people not layin off.. so that just about sums it up there. thats just my two cents

possum
05-03-2010, 8:56 PM
just wanted to add...doesnt matter what any one rides just as long as your riding..just becuase i work for hd doesnt mean i have tunnel vision...like some hd riders yes i own a worked up softail and i love it.. but i also own a 71 triumph bobber,i am currently bobbing a gs 550 suzuki(that my hd dealer took in on a trade and i picked up for 275 bucks!!!, i love working for dealerships!!) ,a73 cb350 and last but not least a savage 650... i dont give a fuck what any one thinks about me or what im riding just love turning wrenches i just see the technology harley is starting to use and they came a lllloooonnnnggggg way from what they were....all this coomputer typing shit..i need a beer..

StoneHead
05-12-2010, 8:04 AM
The bike don't make the man...........
The man makes the bike.........
And if you can't fix it, you shouldn't own it.

OldGoldGarageCo
05-23-2010, 4:11 PM
he fucking hears everything, you're all dead! he's gonna grind up your earlobes and use that shit as fuel additive for his Ninja...dont say I didn't warn you....Columbine was his idea...he brushes his teeth with blood soaked tampons and uses the string for floss. Make peace with your inner child cause we're all fucked....

Black Echo....
you heard me...

ridemore16
05-23-2010, 6:38 PM
Had a guy want to fight because I told him my carbs weren't "Webers"...I ride a 1972 Bonneville with Amal 930's...he was not backing down in front of his buddies. He was the "Bike Expert" in the group!!!

EnglandStGarage
05-27-2010, 11:49 PM
my god...i just read like an 8th of that and it was too much. he had some ok points up untill the shit talking on sportsters....now i kinda wanna fight that guy.
what a little bitch, he must of gotten pushed in the mud by some guy on a harley or something. im all about sportbikes, performance and anything that goes fast on two wheels too, but you don't need to be valentino rossi all the time. sometimes i just wanna sit back and cruise and enjoy the day. thats what a harley is for. fuck your image.

oldgold, is that really a pic of him? he looks like a young walker, texas ranger.

nvcowboy
06-07-2010, 1:44 PM
Just a few points of note:
1. Erik Buell did not quit HD, HD shut down buell for tax reasons, and Erik has opened up his own company building race ready buells (oddly enough still vtwin powered bikes).
2. A privateer won the AMA Daytona Sportbike Championship against full japanese factory sponsored riders with Buell's rotax built vtwin design in 2009.
3. Hector Arana rode a buell to win the 2009 NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle title, and kraweic held the title in 2008 on a HD (obviously they are not built for performance!).
4. Buell's 1203cc sportser powered motor puts over 100 hp to the ground, so you can make an old engine put down real performance, if that is all you care about, and still have a bike that doesn't look like a turd.
4. If we shouldn't use old technology, why do the NHRA funny cars and top fuelers run 8000 hp hemis? That motor was designed in 1951.
If echo is so concerned with how fast his bike is, why does he have a ninja instead of a hayabusa? Obviously HD is behind the engineering times, but if you can sell that old technology for twice the price of a foreign bike, why would you change your formula? Corporations are about making money, plain and simple. Those of us that like the motors but not the corporate factory mentality will be keepin' that old iron alive forever. Jesus that was long winded, but if you want to write about something, at least try to get your facts straight.

jason43
06-08-2010, 1:40 PM
I own a Harley and agree with about half of what he said... especially this...

"the extremes that most Harley owners go to would be considered tacky and tasteless, and probably laughable."

I am a Harley owner and I agree with that statement... and if I wanted a performance race machine I would probably buy a Jap bike. But I'm happy with the 115 mph my deathtraps will do, no need to go faster... or pay the higher insurance rates...

duke182
03-10-2014, 12:11 PM
I don't agree with everything he has to say, but I don't disagree either. He forgot to mention the V-Rod. While it isn't the most popular, and it certainly isn't anything groundbreaking, it is one of Harley's most "forward thinking" designs... maybe ever. The Nova project may have done wonders for the MoCo, or it may have sunk it. Instead we got the Evo, at least in a roundabout way.

Yes he did. But not by name. The v-rod engine is designed by porsche

TwoLaneFever
03-10-2014, 7:51 PM
[QUOTE=Joey;53670]Knuckle guys hated pans, Pan guys hated Shovels, Shovel guys hated Evos, Evo guys hate Twin Cams, Twin cam guys hate V-Rods, and V-rod guys hate all of them because they are old.

and Iron headed sportster guys, hate em all,

ARBY
03-16-2014, 6:14 PM
I don't think I agree with anything that guy wrote. But then I didn't waste my time reading it.

chopemall
03-17-2014, 2:44 AM
So far my shovel has been a finicky piece of shit, but now that I have it sort of dialed in I love it. I bought it because my wife laughed in my face every time I dropped my drawers and I needed something loud and shiny to make up for that.

nmaineron
03-17-2014, 3:47 PM
That shit has been spewed since forever...owning an AMF bike in the 70's was fodder for all of that garbage...who really cares anyway!!! You don't want a Harley,don't buy one!Stay out of my face about it!!

Clockwork444
03-17-2014, 4:13 PM
this was obviously written by someone that doesn't get the point of a harley.

nobody over at the harley davidson camp really cares about performance. otherwise they wouldnt be putting out air cooled v twin's on a common crank pin firing close together. but the way they are built gives us what we need. gobs of torque, and an awesome sound, for our CRUISER.

now i dont disagree with this guy on the fact that harleys are behind in the performance category, but the only idiots are the ones trying to make harley drag bikes (in my opinion)

i dont ride a harley to go fast, i ride it to be comfortable, and have torque and a fun bike to get around on. If i want to race, i walk right past the crotch rockets, get on my sled, and hand them their ass on whatever silver platter this guy is talking about, on a machine that has no business even being there or beating this "marvel of technology and power"

fuck crotch rockets, i guess is where im going with this. and this guy is obviously a crotch rocket fan.

farmall
03-17-2014, 10:53 PM
Lots of people enjoy a variety of motorcycles. Those wanting performance should buy something other than HD. It's like bitching at a pickup truck company for not making Ferraris.

linkage13
03-19-2014, 4:43 PM
I love just how butt hurt he is about what other people like. I know Harley's aren't the fastest or even most reliable thing on the road, but I still like them. I've got 2 Harleys,
, a Yamaha, and a Honda, and someone is going to have something negative to say about all of them. I'm usually having to much fun to get so upset about what the next
ass clown is doing. Just have fun and ride.

buckshotgumbo
03-19-2014, 5:14 PM
I don't think we can dispute his point that HD marketing has elevated many modern HD riders to new heights of douchebaggery.

I still dig an HD for what they are and the void they fill, and I hate to say it, but they do tug at my patriotic heartstrings.

One of the things I love about motorcycles is that they don't take up a lot of room in the garage.
There's room for all kinds.