PDA

View Full Version : Anti gravity battery and heat

NickZ
03-18-2014, 1:10 AM
Hi guys,

Im in the middle of my build right now and i need some opinions and feedback on anti-gravity batteries and how well they do in heat.

The battery is a 4 cell and its for my kick only 75" shovelhead. I made a snug battery box for it inside my oil tank, so only the top is exposed, and from what i understand the bikes oil temps will be anywhere from 240 to 280. I searched for feedback but no one really goes into how well the battery performs in heat or what the limitations are.

So if any of you can chime in i will greatly appreciated it! Thank you!

patdoody
03-18-2014, 7:50 PM
good thread! I am doing the exact same thing. Never considered the heat.

RetroRob
03-18-2014, 8:31 PM
4 cell kick only pan. Absolutely no problems yet. Haven't had it real heat yet, but works great in the cold.

NickZ
03-19-2014, 3:14 AM
So far I've heard mixed reviews.

Some say that heat has little affect on lithium ion but i cant help to think that it might be a different story sitting and baking in traffic. I figured more people had these batteries.

03-19-2014, 7:36 PM
Not too sure about the anti gravity batteries, But im running a 4 cell ballistic battery on a 79 kick only shovel. Ive been running it for roughly two years and have never had any problems. Made it through the grueling mexican heat of EDR 2013, and sat in a corner for 7 months while i built a house (with no battery tender) 10 kicks later she fired right up.

NickZ
03-20-2014, 2:13 AM
Not too sure about the anti gravity batteries, But im running a 4 cell ballistic battery on a 79 kick only shovel. Ive been running it for roughly two years and have never had any problems. Made it through the grueling mexican heat of EDR 2013, and sat in a corner for 7 months while i built a house (with no battery tender) 10 kicks later she fired right up.

where/how is you're battery mounted?

Flatheadsoup
03-20-2014, 7:19 AM
I don't know about the anti bat, but when you look at any of the new cars/trucks on the market today they all have the battery in some kind of enclosure to protect them from the heat of the engine compartment. Some thing to think about.

03-21-2014, 4:05 PM
Mine is mounted in a SS box behind the transmission, so it doesn't have the heat from the oil bag on it, but the manufacturer of the ballistic batteries claim they will withstand the worst conditions.

bloodyd
03-23-2014, 4:42 PM
throw it in the oven at 200 for a lil and measure the voltage?

davidbrown1212
03-23-2014, 5:01 PM
I think it will blow the battery sooner, but work just fine for a while