PDA

View Full Version : NO chops in MOzarks (south-central MO)?!

n9viw
03-17-2014, 8:38 PM
Hey all, first timer here! I'll make my announcement on the welcome forum, but while there are plenty of riders in the MOzarks, it seems they're all RUBs on garbage wagons, rocketeers, or vacationers on their Can-Ams and GW's. In the five years I've been in this state, I have seen only ONE chop, and that was back in 2011, up in KC-MO. NOTHING down here!

There are so many excellent twisty roads around here, and where do I see 99% of the riders? ON THE #@$#%ING HIGHWAY. I have driven some roads so wild it makes me giggle with glee, and I'm 40 years old! Why stick to straight, flat, boring 4-lane blah when you can take forever to get there and actually SEE something, get your heart racing for once? Good God, people, get off the damn highway and LIVE a little!

Anyone in the southern MO area choppin up perfectly good rigs (because, let's face it, it SHOULD be done)? I have a '76 CB550k bobber, a '72 CB350k soon-to-be cafe racer, and most recent addition is a '82 KZ750 that'll get slammed and stretched this winter. Always looking for garage pards and fellow riders, whaddya say?

BurgBob
04-24-2014, 12:40 AM
Where are ya located in Missouri? I'm in warrensburg now but I'm originally from Jeff city

Trikenstein
04-25-2014, 6:33 AM
Central MO, 45 miles south of JC. Where are you at?

Beaner242
04-25-2014, 12:25 PM
60 miles south of St Louis.

BurgBob
05-05-2014, 1:30 AM
I'll be moving into the Columbia/Jeff city area over the summer for a long while. We oughta meet up and go for a ride eventually

Stlxl
05-15-2014, 3:35 PM
Theres a few chops up here by columbia. I'm moving back to st louis county but I will still be out this way.

n9viw
12-20-2014, 1:06 PM
I am such a douche... I just found this thread after remembering I even posted here. Spring, summer, fall all went by in a flash, I think I rode three times (we're working our butts off trying to pay the mortgage off soon). My apologies to all you guys, I totally muffed this up. As to where I am, I'm in a tiny town called Macomb, about halfway between Springfield and West Plains, south of I-60. Five miles off the blacktop over some of the sharpest gravel I've ever seen. Makes the hardtail jump like a stung horse!

All bikes are in a shed behind the house, all need work- the KZ needs a new seat and some tuning, the CB550 bobber needs a caliper rebuild, and the CB350 cafe project needs to be refurbed and put back together. If they were human, they'd all be giving me the finger.

Been reading the forums (fora?) today, hiding out from the mist and fog outside, but now I'm itching to work on a bike... even in this weather! Might do just that.

Trikenstein
12-28-2014, 8:45 AM
Yeah, mine's sittin' in the garage waiting for a new front end after I crashed the hell out of it Labor Day weekend. Just got the forks back yesterday, so maybe today I'll paint the trees and lowers...