PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Electrical Help!

Rookey
03-04-2014, 9:56 AM
Hey all,

I'm in the middle of relocating kill and starter switches to the neck, and have hit a slight snag. I'm ok with re-wiring electrics if I know where they're meant to be going and have done this many times before... but never really done this to custom switches, so need some help.

I have two switches - kill switch and starter momentary push button.

The kill switch seems simple enough. It has a little blue light on it that ideally would only come on in one position (i.e. off or run), but it seems light up constantly. There are 3 pins on the back, and it seems that they are +, - and power to the led.

The push button starter is a whole different story. It also has an led that I'd like to light up, and I've managed to achieve the lit status, but not been able to get the bike to start. I plan on following the paragraph on the right hand side (power off until pushed). There are 5 pins on the back and I have 4 wires, which searching tells me:
Blue/White - runs to the headlight to dim whenever attempting to start
Black/Red - which runs to the fuse box/power
Black/White - which runs to the kill switch
Yellow/Red which goes to the starter

The push button switch I have has the following diagram with it:
http://s10.postimg.org/56oxy8e15/111.jpg

Can anyone help me figure out what goes where?

Thanks,
Dave

Rookey
03-04-2014, 2:02 PM
All fixed now :-)

Jetblack
03-04-2014, 4:11 PM
Cool, I was just coming to see what was up. If you wanna share it others wanting to use those type of buttons feel free. Looks like to me they can be wired a several ways depending on the function you desire it to have... push on with led on or off when pressed, push off with an led on or off when pressed.

Rookey
03-04-2014, 4:17 PM
Sure thing - I actually connected the power (black/red) to the "power positive", starter (red/yellow) to the "NO" connection and then the kill switch (black/white) to the connecting load positive. Then I bridged the blue/white between the kill switcha and power negative.

Jetblack
03-04-2014, 4:41 PM
Ah yes, wiring both together gives even more options and gets rid of the bar switches and key switch if so desired. Nice thanks for the update.

Rookey
03-05-2014, 8:44 AM
Exactly :-) no problem