PDA

View Full Version : I want to take some nice chopper photos, Buffalo NY

bfisch315
03-03-2014, 8:02 AM
So for anyone around the north east, I want to shoot some nice builds you have, im from buffalo ny, and I think there's 3 decent choppers that I know of, not many to pick from. I'm not charging, I just want to get some decent photos, especially if they're solid bikes that are magazine worthy or print worthy. It'll involve a light set up so a rad place you can get your bike helps, shovel chops, panheads whatever looks cool, PM me. Heres a link to my portfolio http://www.flickr.com/photos/brandonfischer/

govmule84
03-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Standard practice that I have seen is not to charge at all - you are asking for help doing something, so charging makes little to no sense in this situation to me.

Most shutterbugs I have run into offer some prints of the shoot and some digital copies, along with a copy or three of whatever publication it gets printed in.

Have you tried hitting any events? I know they are slim right now in the Land of Snow, but they are a great chance to shoot a lot of bikes quickly. Mike47's Unfinished Chopper Show last month is a great example - I'm sure you could have found a few guys who would have been stoked to let you snap a few pics.

If you want a whole staged setup, you probably have to make it worth someone's time. Also, it freaks some people out (me included) that you want to show up and eyeball some choppers. I don't let anyone into my garage unless I know them well - that's a great way to get your bikes and tools ripped off. A portfolio to prove you're legit might be a nice touch.

Of course, you might already know all this stuff and I sound like a blowhard. If that's the case, I am sorry. If it's not, considering some of it might help you get a few more bites.

bfisch315
03-03-2014, 2:17 PM
Yea, your probably right that it comes off sketchy, I do appreciate the input man!, I''ve shot a few bikes with lighting setups, one was actually on chopcults homepage for the greasey dozen builds for xnewmanx turbo shovel (i think thats his user) but your right it probably does come off somewhat sketchy just wanting to shoot "nice" choppers. I would definitely offer prints and with their approval send it out to a mag possibly. I dont have too many bikes I can put on here majority of shit I shoot is skateboarding, heres my portfolio http://www.flickr.com/photos/brandonfischer/

Ato
03-03-2014, 3:53 PM
Throw it in the Buffalo Brolodex. I just moved from Buffalo a few months ago and I know at least a few dudes that have bikes worth snapping photos of.