PDA

View Full Version : V-star throttle cable question

fort9erfan
03-01-2014, 4:08 PM
So I'm putting some new bars on my V-star 650, and Im looking to clean up the hand control area.

I'm going to move the power on/ push start buttons but am having a hell of a time finding a throttle control housing for the vstar.

My question is will vstar cables screw into a housing made for a Harley? or will i need to buy new grips with the housing already attached made specificly for vstars ? and if so does anyone have an idea where i can find them?

also for those of you who have ran this route already where did you mount your turn signal switch? and what kind of switch worked best? i picked up a 3 position toggle switch that im hoping will work out.

spidr
03-01-2014, 4:13 PM
Throttle cables are easy to adapt, The v-star cables suck, I've working on putting a harley cable on mine for better availability.
The 3 way switch is what I've used in the past, and what I'm wiring in this time as well. The wiring is the same as any other bike out there except for colors, if you get in a bind I can scan the wiring page from the manual so you've got it.

Akamm47
03-01-2014, 6:13 PM
I just got one of those $10 harley throttle housings off of ebay and drilled out the hole and tapped it to fit the vstar thread. You could mount the switch to the neck area where it the key is or on the other side, though it might be a little out of the way for turn signals. THats where I mounted my switches (I don't have signals though)

nativetc27
04-01-2016, 11:02 PM
any pics on the steps""???