PDA

View Full Version : Need some help in Long Beach CA area

JoeBoo
02-28-2014, 6:17 PM
I got a "modified exhaust" ticket and would love to borrow a set of stock ironhead pipes for a couple hours to get this ticket signed off.

I would just be bolting them to the heads and taking my bike to the courthouse in the back of my truck.

Anybody holding onto some?

I know i'm pushing my luck, but i'd love to do this asap.

thanks!
Joe

Jasonisdico
02-28-2014, 10:31 PM
I've got a set of stock Dyna mufflers that I use as loaners. You can slide them over your pipes(depending on what they look like). I'm down in San Diego, but my Brother lives in Buena Park and comes down here every other week. I could have him bring them up and you could swing by and grab em, and bring em back when you're done.

Hopefully there's someone closer with a better option, but you got this as a fallback if need be.

JoeBoo
03-01-2014, 6:01 PM
I have something in the works right now but I will let you know if things change.

THanks for you help!

rjwatters38
04-13-2014, 12:04 AM
curious, what were your "modified pipes" that you got a ticket for?

Allen
04-17-2014, 5:55 AM
Keep in mind, some "stock" ironhead exhaust pipes are still not considered allowable by some LEO. Ask 24Cycles if you don't believe me. He took the HD options catalog with him to court and the Judge didn't give a shit what was "stock" in 1971... Yeah you might be "right" but is it worth thousands in legal fees to prove how "right" you are in a world that couldn't care less if you pissed in their child's snow-cone?