PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas, Bum Fights, Strippers .....Other Chop Cult Members Out Here?

JebsMonkey
02-21-2014, 9:01 PM
Just wonderin' what kind of following we have here and looking for other people to ride with out in the desert :D

ThePete
02-27-2014, 5:16 PM
If things with the business I'm involved in getting started go the way I fear they may we may end up setting up shop somewhere close if not in the loathsome city of sin.

JebsMonkey
02-28-2014, 12:19 AM
motorcycle business perhaps?

Demin
02-28-2014, 9:06 AM
Thinkin' about heading to Vegas before next winter.Going to fly out and see what kind of work there is.

lostandfound
03-03-2014, 10:59 PM
what up man. local rider been off the horse for almost 2 weeks! bikes in pieces messin with wires and tanks at the moment...

ThePete
03-04-2014, 1:36 AM
motorcycle business perhaps?

Unfortunately no, I've been consulting for a Canadian group that wants to set up in the states manufacturing ultra high quality extreme environment modular buildings for everything from offices and bunk houses to full blown kitchens. I may set a small space aside for some after hours projects but chances are since I'm a family man it will be in my garage. I've got a few small projects I've been farting around with that some people have expressed interest in and even put their own spin on that I might do a few limited runs of if I can source quality parts. Most of them are electronic in nature, I was a Firecontrol Tech (electronics and radar) for the Navy before becoming a Corpsman so I've got a strong electronics background. I'm not comfortable enough with my own fabrication skills or my knowledge of motorcycles for a full blown shop. Bicycles, radar systems, crew served weapons and small arms is a completely different story.

ThePete
03-04-2014, 1:39 AM
Thinkin' about heading to Vegas before next winter.Going to fly out and see what kind of work there is.

What kind of work do you do? I'm going to have to put together 1 maybe 2 crews of 10-15 depending on if we are going to be doing shift work or not. Primarily construction type work, framing and such. If I can snag a U certified welder we might build the skids in house if the numbers crunch right.

The more I can set up in advance the better! I fucking hate dealing with Craig's List fuck tards when it comes to selling off a bike or car/truck I can't even imagine doing job interviews off that shit, especially in Vegas. I've already got 2-3 people on board that are waiting for this thing to come together including myself. All the work I've been doing has been pro-bono (for free) till they get the US accounting set up, sucks ass right now because I'm pretty close to broke but one of the owners is family so I know I'm not going to get screwed on it.

Terrible1
03-04-2014, 2:06 AM
Vegas local here. Building an xs650 currently.

lostandfound
03-04-2014, 10:25 PM
whatcha got done to your xs650? I'm thinking about buying one for my girl. I've seen some badass ones around town from time to time.

Terrible1
03-05-2014, 11:51 PM
whatcha got done to your xs650? I'm thinking about buying one for my girl. I've seen some badass ones around town from time to time.

Hard tailed streched n lowered with old wassell tank cleaned up with minimal stuff. Raw and unpainted only by the elements. Its going to be a good one when done.

JebsMonkey
03-08-2014, 3:59 AM
anyone ridin' this weekend?

Demin
03-08-2014, 9:16 AM
What kind of work do you do? I'm going to have to put together 1 maybe 2 crews of 10-15 depending on if we are going to be doing shift work or not. Primarily construction type work, framing and such. If I can snag a U certified welder we might build the skids in house if the numbers crunch right.

The more I can set up in advance the better! I fucking hate dealing with Craig's List fuck tards when it comes to selling off a bike or car/truck I can't even imagine doing job interviews off that shit, especially in Vegas. I've already got 2-3 people on board that are waiting for this thing to come together including myself. All the work I've been doing has been pro-bono (for free) till they get the US accounting set up, sucks ass right now because I'm pretty close to broke but one of the owners is family so I know I'm not going to get screwed on it.

I do my own construction,that's about it.Any welding other than little stuff I send out.I'm mainly a wrench and bodyman/painter.I have a CDL,but I haven't used it recently.Went to school for aircraft maintenance.

Pretty much everything you don't need,lol.:banghead:

lostandfound
03-08-2014, 5:09 PM
I might be riding next thursday or friday. im waiting for my tank to come back from fab shop.

JebsMonkey
03-08-2014, 6:26 PM
I might be riding next thursday or friday. im waiting for my tank to come back from fab shop.

right on, give me a shout if your out on friday. what are you ridin'?

EagleScout
03-09-2014, 12:50 AM
I'm out in Henderson, I got a group of guys I ride with every Monday night. Mainly cafes and a few bobbers, you are welcome to come, if you want I'll send you the meet place and time. Most of our rides are local but a few of us are doing a trip down to LA over UNLV's spring break, it will be from the 18th to the 20th.

ThePete
03-09-2014, 1:28 PM
I do my own construction,that's about it.Any welding other than little stuff I send out.I'm mainly a wrench and bodyman/painter.I have a CDL,but I haven't used it recently.Went to school for aircraft maintenance.

Pretty much everything you don't need,lol.:banghead:

I'm still in a holding pattern and I've got several people that want to jump ship and go with me regardless if we end up in Clark county or the IE here in California. It's kind of getting frustrating because I'm running low on savings and stuff isn't happening fast enough. I know it's going to happen just not exactly when. I do know the company just picked up another contract for 80 units at $200k a piece so we have to make something happen pretty quickly. Once I know I'll put out feelers through various channels like on here before going public with openings because I'd rather try and put together a crew that has some common interests and like minds. We'll probably contract out for most of the welding stuff, it's got to meet U certification standards on the skids, and they've got to be seriously heavy duty stuff.

choadpanther
03-09-2014, 5:01 PM
Vegas dude here. Let me know if you guys are gonna ride this coming weekend and I'll join ya. Also, you guys that are working on your chops let me know if you need some help. Second best thing next to riding is wrenching in the garage with some beers and punk rock/metal.

@EagleScout, send me some info on the Monday rides. I might be able to join in.

@ThePete, that'd be cool if you did move here. Would be killer to do some riding and drinking with you. Saw on IG that you were in town a few weeks ago but looked like more of a family thing so didn't wanna bother you.

ThePete
03-09-2014, 11:19 PM
@choadpanther: My wife is warming up to the idea, pouring over real estate ads and such. It wasn't really a family thing, my wife's soon to be uncle is one of he guys trying to get the business set up state side, and I had to meet with the guy that's the majority investor. The big thing is I know there's a bike scene out your way and there's a roller derby league to keep my wife sane. I'll probably have to roll back up to Vegas a few times before this thing kicks off mostly for business, but if there's shit going on around the same time I'd like to hit it up. I'll check back here regularly so make sure I don't miss something next time I ride up.

lostandfound
03-11-2014, 5:04 PM
right on, give me a shout if your out on friday. what are you ridin'?

Riding my 97 883 sportster. Just ordered my 4 over tubes got my bars and my fuel sight welded in my new tank. Bike is in its early works.

JebsMonkey
03-14-2014, 12:01 AM
I'm out in Henderson, I got a group of guys I ride with every Monday night. Mainly cafes and a few bobbers, you are welcome to come, if you want I'll send you the meet place and time. Most of our rides are local but a few of us are doing a trip down to LA over UNLV's spring break, it will be from the 18th to the 20th.

Nice! If you don't mind messaging me the address would love to meet up with you guys. My schedule is about to change so Monday nights would be perfect!

JebsMonkey
03-14-2014, 12:03 AM
Riding my 97 883 sportster. Just ordered my 4 over tubes got my bars and my fuel sight welded in my new tank. Bike is in its early works.

Kick ass!

lostandfound
03-14-2014, 11:34 AM
Pm me as well about the Monday ride right now the bike is getting a new front end and im new to bikes so i'm taking my time.
maybe i can make it the following week... damn bike was ment to be done yesterday...:confused:

choadpanther
03-14-2014, 2:47 PM
Hey fellas, next weekend (3/22) I plan on rolling out to Red Rock's scenic loop and then onto Mountain Springs Saloon for the fuck of it. If any of you wanna join PM me and we can figure out a meeting point & time.

JebsMonkey
03-16-2014, 6:31 PM
Hey fellas, next weekend (3/22) I plan on rolling out to Red Rock's scenic loop and then onto Mountain Springs Saloon for the fuck of it. If any of you wanna join PM me and we can figure out a meeting point & time.

Won't be able to make this one but let me know if your doing another one, looks cool as shit! Thanks for the heads up as well, stay safe and y'all have a great ride!

shiftace
03-18-2014, 4:04 PM
Vegas rider here. There's a large # of CC members from Vegas. We all used to ride 2-3 days a week together but a large # of us faded out of that. Work, families, schedules etc. Never heard about a Monday meetup, wouldn't mind more info about that. Cant go on the 22nd, have plans but the weekend after should work. This Friday is Vintage Bike Night down at the Arts Factory. Charleston and Main. Starts at 7pm goes til about 10 or so. If it's nice out, there will be 100+ bikes there.

choadpanther
03-18-2014, 5:23 PM
Vegas rider here. There's a large # of CC members from Vegas. We all used to ride 2-3 days a week together but a large # of us faded out of that. Work, families, schedules etc. Never heard about a Monday meetup, wouldn't mind more info about that. Cant go on the 22nd, have plans but the weekend after should work. This Friday is Vintage Bike Night down at the Arts Factory. Charleston and Main. Starts at 7pm goes til about 10 or so. If it's nice out, there will be 100+ bikes there.

Didn't know that was still going on. Last I saw something about Vintage Bike Night it was at the DiveBar. Good to know. Thanks!

lostandfound
03-19-2014, 8:00 AM
Ya I Plan on going to vintage bike night... question is again if my bike will make it...
either way i will be there. good beer,good food and motorcycles. why not?

lostandfound
03-19-2014, 8:10 AM
Ya I Plan on going to vintage bike night... question is again if my bike will make it...
either way i will be there. good beer,good food and motorcycles. why not?

JebsMonkey
03-19-2014, 1:06 PM

'Ol Jeb and I will be there! Thanks for the heads up Shift!

Saltytonk
03-19-2014, 7:43 PM

I'm tagging along on a business trip with my wife next week. I have reserved a bike rental for next Thursday the 27th. Gonna have it for 9 hrs. Was looking at this on the map. Is it possible to make this loop and hit the eastern side of Vegas to the Hoover Dam. Is that doable and be back in Vegas in 9 hrs?. Looks like it would be, but looking for some insight on it. And to see if anyone wants to meet up and roll on that?

choadpanther
03-19-2014, 11:53 PM
I'm tagging along on a business trip with my wife next week. I have reserved a bike rental for next Thursday the 27th. Gonna have it for 9 hrs. Was looking at this on the map. Is it possible to make this loop and hit the eastern side of Vegas to the Hoover Dam. Is that doable and be back in Vegas in 9 hrs?. Looks like it would be, but looking for some insight on it. And to see if anyone wants to meet up and roll on that?

Doable in 9 hours, yes. You'll have more than enough time. The Red Rock scenic loop is fairly short and most of your riding will be through the city. But once you get to Boulder City it'll be a nicer ride. I'd personally avoid hitting the 215 around rush hour. It'll become a clusterfuck. Where are you renting the bike from?

Saltytonk
03-20-2014, 5:42 AM
Doable in 9 hours, yes. You'll have more than enough time. The Red Rock scenic loop is fairly short and most of your riding will be through the city. But once you get to Boulder City it'll be a nicer ride. I'd personally avoid hitting the 215 around rush hour. It'll become a clusterfuck. Where are you renting the bike from?

I'm renting from Escape Eagles. Another CCer that I know (Threat357 ) sent me that way.
From what I understand one of his bros runs it.
and thanks for the heads up on 215. I'm going to try to take as many side roads as possible thru the city.

JebsMonkey
03-20-2014, 12:10 PM

good insight choad, yes stay the hell away from the 215 "it licks a giraffe's taint on a hot day!" the scenic loop is real pretty, wife loves that area (good picture spot)

choadpanther
03-20-2014, 2:37 PM
I'm renting from Escape Eagles. Another CCer that I know (Threat357 ) sent me that way.
From what I understand one of his bros runs it.
and thanks for the heads up on 215. I'm going to try to take as many side roads as possible thru the city.

Right on. Threat won't steer you wrong. I always see nice chops parked in front of Escape Eagles.

If your starting point is Escape Eagles, then you're going to be right in the middle of both destinations. If you're picking it up in the morning, then I'd personally run to Hoover Dam first while traffic on the 215 is mellow. The RR scenic loop closes at 7 so you'd have plent o' time to do your thing.

Wish I wasn't working that day or I'd join you.

choadpanther
03-20-2014, 2:38 PM
'Ol Jeb and I will be there! Thanks for the heads up Shift!

Hope to run into y'all there!

Saltytonk
03-20-2014, 3:09 PM
Right on. Threat won't steer your wrong. I always see nice chops parked in front of Escape Eagles.

If your starting point is Escape Eagles, then you're going to be right in the middle of both destinations. If you're picking it up in the morning, then I'd personally run to Hoover Dam first while traffic on the 215 is mellow. The RR scenic loop closes at 7 so you'd have plent o' time to do your thing.

Wish I was working that day or I'd join you.

cool! Thanks man. I was kinda thinking about the dam first. Actually its just 8 hrs from 9 am-5 pm. Would 589 east to south on 582 down to I93 be a very good route to the dam and then loop around 564 back over to 582 and go north and pick up 159 west thru town and out to Red Rocks and then hit the Saloon. before headed back to town. Is 582 stop and go or is it get on and go?

Thanks again

shiftace
03-20-2014, 3:46 PM
Don't know what 582 or 564 is. If you wanna actually make it the quickest way then you'll have to take the freeway. Honestly I take the 215 everyday, traffic gets thick, but it's way faster than taking the highway all the way across town. Here's my opinion. Not sure where Escape Eagles is, so can't turn by turn ya. Either way I'd guess you're gonna have to get on the 15 freeway. First way is taking the 15 to the 93/95 East. It'll say Phoenix or Henderson. That freeway will take you right on into Boulder City and once there, you'll follow the signs to the Dam. Coming back is just as simple. Take the 93/95 the other direction and this time you'll want to go til you hit the Summerlin Parkway. Summerlin pkwy til it ends at the 215, Take the freeway towards Charleston and once you exit Charleston head west and you'll ride right into the Red Rock park area. Follow signs and voila. Other option from Escape Eagles is the 15 south to the 215 east towards Henderson. and again this freeway will head you right towards Boulder City. It merges with the 93/95 and you'll see signs so it's easy to follow. Coming back, same deal only you take the 215er allll the way around town, gonna take about 40-50 mins. You'll exit at Charleston like the other way, and head west again and yep..it'll walk you right into the park. About as clear as mud right?

Saltytonk
03-20-2014, 7:26 PM
Thanks shiftace. Escape Eagles is on West Desert Inn . from what I can tell Boulder Hwy is 582. 564 is a loop by lake Mead north of the dam.
I will probably do a little of freeway riding so to get out of town quickest and spend more time in the desert. thanks again.

shiftace
03-20-2014, 7:50 PM
Definately don't take Boulder Highway. That'll take you all day, heavy traffic and stoplights for days.

JebsMonkey
03-20-2014, 10:25 PM
Hope to run into y'all there!

we'll see you there!

ThePete
03-26-2014, 9:11 PM
It's official, California is out, fear and loathing is in. Today I finalized salary negotiation and we're supposed to have production up and running by May. This means I'll probably be making a few trips out to get things set up before we move up. I know this isn't motorcycle related but are there any areas to avoid between Vegas and Henderson or anything I need to know before moving? Nothing is worse than getting settled in and realizing I should have done something different before signing 12 months away.

shiftace
03-27-2014, 12:00 PM
where's your operation going to be? If you wanna pm me I can give you some lowdown on neighborhoods to look for and stay away from.

EagleScout
03-30-2014, 2:51 AM
Yeah there are definitely a few bad places to go but they are not necessarily well defined.

desertw0lf
03-30-2014, 8:34 AM
Southwest vegas here. My Trump is down with what seems like a dropped valve and the cb550 frame is all hacked up waiting on me to have the scratch to build a frame jig since nobody in town seems to have one and wants to make money. Haha.

Hopefully I will get up and riding again this summer.

JebsMonkey
03-31-2014, 3:38 AM
got any pics wolf?

JebsMonkey
04-02-2014, 4:39 PM
Thoughts on Mr. D's bike nights?

dustybottoms
04-03-2014, 1:32 AM
I'm located in the South West... I like poetry, long walks, dog shows and oh yeah.... ridding my motorbike!

tracknicholson
04-14-2014, 8:01 PM
Rather than start a new LV thread, I'm just bumping this one. Just moved to LV last night and looking to ride. '13 FXDB

JebsMonkey
04-15-2014, 12:42 AM
Rather than start a new LV thread, I'm just bumping this one. Just moved to LV last night and looking to ride. '13 FXDB

Welcome to Vegas!

tracknicholson
04-15-2014, 8:45 AM
Thanks, dude. Rode Red Rock Canyon for the first time yesterday. Wow.

dustybottoms
04-15-2014, 12:27 PM

Welcome to LV! Check out Mt. Charleston & Boulder City, both make for a cool ride.

tracknicholson
04-15-2014, 3:52 PM
Welcome to LV! Check out Mt. Charleston & Boulder City, both make for a cool ride.

Right on. Will definitely do that. Do you guys go on any local rides?

choadpanther
04-15-2014, 4:22 PM
Right on. Will definitely do that. Do you guys go on any local rides?

Hey dude, you moved here at the right time. With Viva coming in this weekend there should be tons of shit to do. Vintage bike night is this Friday as well.

As for local rides, don't know of any but I am planning to take a ride up to Valley of Fire (and then loop back through Hoover Dam) on either Saturday, May 3rd (or possibly the 10th). If you (or anyone else) wants to join PM me so we can arrange time/meetup point, etc.

tracknicholson
04-15-2014, 8:20 PM
Hey dude, you moved here at the right time. With Viva coming in this weekend there should be tons of shit to do. Vintage bike night is this Friday as well.

As for local rides, don't know of any but I am planning to take a ride up to Valley of Fire (and then loop back through Hoover Dam) on either Saturday, May 3rd (or possibly the 10th). If you (or anyone else) wants to join PM me so we can arrange time/meetup point, etc.

Sounds good to me. I'm always out riding. I've been here for two days and put 300 miles on my bike so far.

I'm down for the vintage stuff, too. I love a good vintage scoot even if I don't have one.

Feel free to get in touch with a PM or a reply here and we'll connect whenever you want to ride. I don't start work until Friday.

JebsMonkey
04-15-2014, 9:33 PM
Vintage Bike Night is good stuff! Went last month and met lostandfound there another chop member, had some body paint chicks, model doin' a photoshoot, I guessed around about 100-150 bikes there, live band and food's pretty good. Gonna miss this one and Viva because the world won't cooperate for shit and I've got to go to work! lol

JebsMonkey
04-16-2014, 8:46 AM
Who's all goin' to Viva?

choadpanther
04-16-2014, 12:20 PM
Who's all goin' to Viva?

I'll be at the car show on Saturday.

dustybottoms
04-16-2014, 5:50 PM
Who's all goin' to Viva?
I would like to check out the car show on Saturday, but I'm not trying to pay $30 to do so..

tracknicholson
04-16-2014, 6:30 PM
Who's all goin' to Viva?

I just found out what it was. I think that I'll be checking it out.

Allen
04-17-2014, 6:00 AM
So listen, when the "bum fights" really get rolling, I'm going to need someone to do me a solid and PM me.

I'm thinking it could turn into the greatest Chopper Ride & Party Underground Scene to come out of Las Vegas, since?, I don't know... but I'd be down for a road trip. Anything's better off the Strip so don't go all Glitzzzy if you're the one to start the roller coaster on this idea.

Thanks.

shiftace
04-17-2014, 10:10 AM
The Rat City Ruckus is at the Stratosphere on Saturday... Damn near as good as Viva, without all the Orcabillies, Betty Pudge's and Fatsy Cline's walking around. It's only $5 at the gate. And I'll be riding down to Laughlin the following weekend on Saturday morning. I'll be leaving from the Rail Road Pass Casino by 9a.m sharp. Gets hot quick on that ride so early is the key. Last gas is at the WagonWheel exit just prior to RR Pass. Cops are revenue generators during that weekend, so you get popped, make sure you're legit and can hold your own. 80+mph whole way so bring a bike capable or catch up later. Usually head back to Vegas between 4-6pm. You can PM me here or just show up. I'll be the guy not wearing chaps, doo-rag, eagle spirit lone wolf day-glo sleeveless denim shirt and cowboy boots.

dustybottoms
04-17-2014, 2:29 PM
Rat City Rukus sounds and looks like a better option than viva.. You had me at... $5 at the gate! Looks like the car & bike show is from 11am - 6pm.

tracknicholson
04-17-2014, 9:35 PM
The Rat City Ruckus is at the Stratosphere on Saturday... Damn near as good as Viva, without all the Orcabillies, Betty Pudge's and Fatsy Cline's walking around. It's only $5 at the gate. And I'll be riding down to Laughlin the following weekend on Saturday morning. I'll be leaving from the Rail Road Pass Casino by 9a.m sharp. Gets hot quick on that ride so early is the key. Last gas is at the WagonWheel exit just prior to RR Pass. Cops are revenue generators during that weekend, so you get popped, make sure you're legit and can hold your own. 80+mph whole way so bring a bike capable or catch up later. Usually head back to Vegas between 4-6pm. You can PM me here or just show up. I'll be the guy not wearing chaps, doo-rag, eagle spirit lone wolf day-glo sleeveless denim shirt and cowboy boots.

I'm down for both of these, if you don't mind me tagging along. I was going to go to Laughlin alone if nothing else.

JebsMonkey
04-21-2014, 11:00 PM
without all the Orcabillies, Betty Pudge's and Fatsy Cline's walking around.

I just peed a little when I read that...Bahahahahahaha

tracknicholson
05-19-2014, 7:53 PM
Reviving this. I've been here about a month and met some pretty cool people downtown, so far.

Any rides or meets coming up? I put my bars on, and I'm ready to have a good ride.

JebsMonkey
05-23-2014, 12:11 AM
Bike looks tough track! Lookin' for some short rides or bar hops if anyone's down

choadpanther
05-23-2014, 12:23 AM
Bike looks tough track! Lookin' for some short rides or bar hops if anyone's down

Just let me know as to when and where. I'm always down. Can't do this weekend 'cos I'll be busy partying my ass off for Punk Rock Bowling.

JebsMonkey
05-23-2014, 3:19 AM
Just let me know as to when and where. I'm always down. Can't do this weekend 'cos I'll be busy partying my ass off for Punk Rock Bowling.

Cool will do! Wife wants to do a little photoshoot with some more bikes if anyone's down for that to

JamesM
05-23-2014, 9:08 PM
I'm moving from Kingman Arizona in the next few weeks to either Phoenix, or Vegas, wherever I find a better job. Sucks I'm going to lose my shop and have to keep all my bikes in an apartment probably.

tracknicholson
05-26-2014, 2:03 PM
I'm just seeing these, but I'm always down. Finally took the Boulder City ride yesterday. Photos would be rad, Jeb.

choadpanther
05-27-2014, 11:54 AM
Cool will do! Wife wants to do a little photoshoot with some more bikes if anyone's down for that to

Yeah, I'm down for some photos.

dustybottoms
05-30-2014, 2:15 AM
I'm down for a ride or whatever..

tracknicholson
05-30-2014, 12:05 PM
Who is getting out this weekend?

crownmotorz
06-01-2014, 5:20 PM
most the vegas guys are MIA now a days. I havent been on this site for over a year and a half. I am a vegas guy live in the southwest (silverton casino). I just got my bike running so I plan on doing some riding. vintage bike night is getting big and it is 5 blocks from my shop.

PS Shiftace where the hell have you been????

JebsMonkey
06-01-2014, 7:27 PM
We'll be at the next Vintage Bike Night for sure, been to a couple so far good events. If anybody's interested in gettin' a little Chop section together?

crownmotorz
06-01-2014, 8:31 PM
We'll be at the next Vintage Bike Night for sure, been to a couple so far good events. If anybody's interested in gettin' a little Chop section together?

I am going to try and make it depends on my work schedule. there is already a "chop section" it is right by the art bar. My shop is down town on Utah Ave should swing by before the show.

JebsMonkey
06-01-2014, 11:27 PM
I am going to try and make it depends on my work schedule. there is already a "chop section" it is right by the art bar. My shop is down town on Utah Ave should swing by before the show.

Appreciate it! If you get a chance shoot me a message with the addy

dustybottoms
06-03-2014, 6:09 PM
If any of you guys are on Instagram.. Hit me up (throatrip).. I don't get on the CC that much anymore..

tracknicholson
06-03-2014, 7:25 PM
If any of you guys are on Instagram.. Hit me up (throatrip).. I don't get on the CC that much anymore..

just added you, dude. (tracknicholson)

JebsMonkey
06-05-2014, 11:35 PM
Monkey_n_jeb

choadpanther
06-10-2014, 12:49 PM
Anyone know if Vintage Bike Night is this Friday, or on the 20th?

JebsMonkey
06-13-2014, 9:37 AM
According to their calender it is on the 20th. We'll be there around 630

kikiboi
06-14-2014, 4:52 PM
hey, not sure if anyone here can help me but I just a bought a bmw r90 with no keys. not sure if any one here knows of someone that can make me some new keys for this bike? thank you. (las vegas southwest)

ThePete
06-16-2014, 8:38 PM
kikiboi - I wrote a how to on how to make a guitar amp plug ignition switch. It's pretty easy you just wire everything up so it acts like the key is on all the time with a toggle to switch everything on/off and then put a break in the ground lead for the starter and wire in a guitar amp jack socket and then jumper the poles with solder on the plug portion so it completes the ground path so you can engage the starter. Acts as a key, it's pretty low buck and its cool as hell when you pull out a guitar jack to use as a key. I'll upload photos if I can find them on here, if not I know they're in my instagram feed and I'll copy them from there and repost them for you.

kikiboi
06-17-2014, 2:02 PM
kikiboi - I wrote a how to on how to make a guitar amp plug ignition switch. It's pretty easy you just wire everything up so it acts like the key is on all the time with a toggle to switch everything on/off and then put a break in the ground lead for the starter and wire in a guitar amp jack socket and then jumper the poles with solder on the plug portion so it completes the ground path so you can engage the starter. Acts as a key, it's pretty low buck and its cool as hell when you pull out a guitar jack to use as a key. I'll upload photos if I can find them on here, if not I know they're in my instagram feed and I'll copy them from there and repost them for you.

thanks. but i need that key to also open the lock in the seat and gas cap......

thegreathambino
06-17-2014, 2:41 PM
Hey Dudes -

My wife and I are heading out to Vegas in August for a few days. Can anyone recommend a reasonable shop I can rent a bike from? I live in the midwest so the idea of going out to the desert and driving around for hours sounds awesome.

Thanks -
Josh

choadpanther
06-17-2014, 4:12 PM
hey, not sure if anyone here can help me but I just a bought a bmw r90 with no keys. not sure if any one here knows of someone that can make me some new keys for this bike? thank you. (las vegas southwest)

Try these guys out. I've used them before:
http://www.lasvegaslocksmiths.com/las-vegas-locksmith-moto-xpress/

kikiboi
06-19-2014, 1:15 AM
Try these guys out. I've used them before:
http://www.lasvegaslocksmiths.com/las-vegas-locksmith-moto-xpress/

i tried them they couldnt fix it. oh well.

kikiboi
06-19-2014, 1:15 AM
anyone here know of someone that is really good with bmw airheads???

JebsMonkey
06-20-2014, 11:43 AM
Who all is going to Vintage bike night tonight?

JamesM
06-21-2014, 10:53 PM
Just moved to Vegas today. Would love to meet up and ride/wrench wherever. I'd like to find a garage to go halves on with someone as well. I have a ton of tools/welder/paint equipment/bike tables etc. My number is 814 335 4068.

-James

JebsMonkey
06-22-2014, 1:29 PM
Welcome to Vegas James!

JamesM
06-24-2014, 2:23 PM
Thanks man, anything going on this week?

hydroppk
06-25-2014, 4:24 PM
Born Free is going on this week...

JamesM
06-25-2014, 5:37 PM
Born Free is going on this week...

Ha, well yeah. I'm leaving Friday for it. Anyone else in Vegas riding out?

I meant if anything was going on tonight, or Thursday night.

tracknicholson
06-28-2014, 1:57 PM
Hope you guys are enjoying Born Free. I went to Midnight Mayhem last night at LVMS. We should all get together one Friday night and get some 1/4 mile runs in.

JebsMonkey
06-30-2014, 6:29 PM
Sounds like fun!

JamesM
07-09-2014, 3:57 PM
Born Free was awesome as hell. Camped out all weekend, was so beautiful out there. Rode home around noon like an idiot through Death Valley and fried. Anything going on this week, or anyone want to meet up and ride or grab a beer?

JebsMonkey
07-17-2014, 4:27 PM
Anybody riding this next week?

TheShipWreck
07-17-2014, 10:58 PM
Every day.

shiftace
07-18-2014, 1:13 PM
Vintage Bike Night tonight Charleston and Main The Arts Factory. Starts at 7ish

JamesM
07-21-2014, 1:16 PM
Anybody riding this next week?

Every day as well.

JamesM
07-26-2014, 5:37 PM
Anyone want to ride/grab a drink/adopt a cat or whatever tonight? Get a hold of me, 814 335 4068.

JebsMonkey
07-28-2014, 9:07 PM
Is it a whole cat or what are we talkin' here?! lol Home for a couple days anyone ridin' this week?

JamesM
07-30-2014, 12:53 AM
Yeah man, I'm off until Monday. Shoot me a text. We can talk specifics of the cat.

JamesM
08-09-2014, 1:29 PM
Anyone want to ride Choppies today?

TomKat
08-12-2014, 1:06 PM
Hey guys another vegas local here. currently no wheels but I am building a kz750 twin chopper but in a couple months I should be cruising. I on the northwest side of town and looking to kick it with other fellow like mineded people.

shiftace
08-12-2014, 3:06 PM
Vintage Bike night this Friday the 15th. 7pm Arts Factory Main and Charleston

JamesM
08-12-2014, 5:30 PM
Hey guys another vegas local here. currently no wheels at the moment though cuz I am building a kz750 twin chopper but in a couple months I should be cruising. I on the northwest side of town and looking to kick it with other fellow like mineded people.

I'm in Summerlin off of Vegas and Buffalo. I also have a KZ 750 twin project, which I'm actually trying to sell.

I'll be at that vintage bike night for sure, I'll be on this tall glass of poop juice:

TomKat
08-13-2014, 6:02 PM
how much are you looking for and do you have a title?

JamesM
08-13-2014, 9:08 PM
I have a clean title in my name. It's a '77, looking for $1,500 OBO. Get a hold of me if interested, 814 335 4068. I also have a '72 CB750 for sale, along with a bike table, a bike lift, and a bunch of gas tanks and exhausts.

JebsMonkey
08-14-2014, 10:57 PM
Who all is going to VBN?

JamesM
08-15-2014, 1:45 PM
I am, and a neighbor of mine. I'll be there at 8.

JebsMonkey
08-15-2014, 4:52 PM
See ya there James we'll be there around 7ish

JamesM
08-16-2014, 9:20 PM
Got my fill of baggers with LED lights there last night. Saw a sweet Norton, and a hardtail evo with crossed T bars that was sweet.

JebsMonkey
08-21-2014, 11:44 PM
the rz yamaha there was tough

JamesM
09-10-2014, 6:05 PM
Tomorrow's my birfday and I'm off of work. Anyone down to ride/get 'turnt?'

JamesM
09-15-2014, 9:35 PM
Vintage bike night is this Friday, I'll be there on my XR1200. AND Wu Tang is playing Friday night on Vegas.

retroweirdoz
09-17-2014, 12:37 PM
Whats up weirdoz! Hey im in Vegas too. Don't really come on here as often as id like to but follow us @Retro Weirdoz on facebook or instagram @retroweirdoz .
There a cool event a bud of mine is doing Barrio Bowl Bash. its on the page you can check It out there.

SAL

semihippie
09-29-2014, 2:30 AM
Hey y'all, just moved down here not to long ago. My bike is currently down at the moment but it's not one of the cool kids. It's an 02 intruder with a few bolt ons on it. I've no fab skills or tools and even if I did, I doubt the apt complex would let me have at it in the parking lot, lol. Just wanted to introduce myself, when I get it back up and running, I'm always down to ride whenever. At some point I need to find a local to fab a sissy bar and seat pan for it. But yeah.

mad750
10-02-2014, 6:19 PM
Come and get it with us. DLMC party tomorrow.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee46/mad750_album/10653820_10204715534518810_5723412109506417821_n_z psa885fc4e.jpg (http://s228.photobucket.com/user/mad750_album/media/10653820_10204715534518810_5723412109506417821_n_z psa885fc4e.jpg.html)

semihippie
10-02-2014, 7:32 PM
Though I'll probably have to take the truck over, definitely try to make it out there.

shiftace
10-08-2014, 8:09 PM
Any Vegas guys have some stock take off laying around for Sportster/Dyna? Looking for a set of chrome stock sportster or dyna bars, 2 sets of stock rubber pegs, either passenger or driver sets. Always need other random shit too if you're holding. Let me know. Pm me here.

hydroppk
10-29-2014, 4:20 PM
Is CC doing anything for SEMA this year?

TheWhiteDevil
10-31-2014, 1:57 PM
I will be there from KC starting 4 am leaving kc on thursday, staying that night and all through friday leaving friday night.
Love to find a good party thursday night.

eroz
11-04-2014, 10:19 AM
I just moved back out here a couple weeks ago. anything good going on?

TheWhiteDevil
11-04-2014, 5:39 PM
Ill be there for sema this weekend.. lookin to hook up with any misguided too old to be called youth fellow 33rs

Terrible1
12-02-2014, 1:10 PM
Long shot but anyone got a rotor puller for a stock xs650? 6 pack of your fav beer is on the table! Pm me

tracknicholson
12-28-2014, 11:55 PM
Does anyone actually do the poker runs out here? I was thinking of the Frosty Balls run on Jan 10 just to break up the "riding to work and home" monotony. Doing the Mecum auction that weekend too so I can see some incredible bikes get sold, too.

choadpanther
12-29-2014, 10:48 AM
I've never participated in a poker run, but then again I mostly keep to myself. What the hell is the "Frosty Balls" run anyway?

tracknicholson
12-29-2014, 11:30 AM
I've never participated in a poker run, but then again I mostly keep to myself. What the hell is the "Frosty Balls" run anyway?

I think it's the normal 170(ish) mile poker run. $35 per hand and you get lunch with that.

They're calling it the "Frosty Balls Ride" since it's a "cold weather" ride in Vegas. I will say that 35 degree ride into work this AM wasn't warm by any means.

Dragstews
12-29-2014, 11:43 AM
A poker run without stopping at the Double Down may be lacking some....

(Looks like they could use the stop by..)

tracknicholson
12-29-2014, 1:44 PM
A poker run without stopping at the Double Down may be lacking some....

(Looks like they could use the stop by..)

They aren't releasing the route until the day of (per usual) but that would be a good stop.

WillSCB
01-02-2015, 1:35 AM
Few good poker runs here, but stay away from the "frosty balls" and anything else put on by the dealership. You pay $35 for a cheap meal, and a poker hand that if you win will get you a "chip" from Harley good for whatever amount it is going for this year (usually $2500) in merchandise. I may be mistaken, but I don't believe they donate any of the money to a charity, either. It all goes to the dealership, and I personally don't own anything that the local dealership stocks parts for, and I don't want a new "factory authorized" wardrobe or "Genuine Harley" barbecue grill (I only wish I was making that up.)

tracknicholson
01-02-2015, 4:01 AM
Few good poker runs here, but stay away from the "frosty balls" and anything else put on by the dealership. You pay $35 for a cheap meal, and a poker hand that if you win will get you a "chip" from Harley good for whatever amount it is going for this year (usually $2500) in merchandise. I may be mistaken, but I don't believe they donate any of the money to a charity, either. It all goes to the dealership, and I personally don't own anything that the local dealership stocks parts for, and I don't want a new "factory authorized" wardrobe or "Genuine Harley" barbecue grill (I only wish I was making that up.)

Interesting take. I have never been to a dealer sponsored ride (just to the shows), but you seem to make a decently valid point. Thanks, man.

shiftace
01-02-2015, 4:33 PM
No reason you HAVE to pay and ride. I go all the time to runs and just ride the route. Usually nobody even looks twice when I go and make myself a plate either lol. I don't care too much about the raffle prizes anyways so just ripping around town is good enough for me. I'm also the loser that goes to the dealership on Saturdays for free food lol. No fucks given.

shiftace
01-02-2015, 4:35 PM
Also I need some sportster/dyna take offs if anyones holding. Stock rubber pegs, stock bars too maybe. Or any other Sportster parts you may want to let go I may be interested in. Got stuff to trade or a lil cash or both.

tracknicholson
01-02-2015, 8:00 PM
Also I need some sportster/dyna take offs if anyones holding. Stock rubber pegs, stock bars too maybe. Or any other Sportster parts you may want to let go I may be interested in. Got stuff to trade or a lil cash or both.

Right on, man. I might just get out and ride a bit. Looks like it's going to be warmer so I won't have to keep the winter gear out. Also, if you can't find stock bars, I have Biltwell Windows that I'll let go for $70.

JamesM
01-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Hey dudes, I gotta get rid of a bunch of shit. I have a bike table, bike lift, a titled '72 CB750 project, a titled '77 KZ 750 twin project, a 2002 VLX 600 project and other miscellaneous shit. I'm letting it all go cheap. E mail me @ james_micale@hotmail.com or 8 one 4 3 three 5 4 zero 68 is my number.

Located in Summerlin off of Vegas and Buffalo.

mad750
01-06-2015, 10:29 AM
Hey dudes, I gotta get rid of a bunch of shit. I have a bike table, bike lift, a titled '72 CB750 project, a titled '77 KZ 750 twin project, a 2002 VLX 600 project and other miscellaneous shit. I'm letting it all go cheap. E mail me @ james_micale@hotmail.com or 8 one 4 3 three 5 4 zero 68 is my number.

Located in Summerlin off of Vegas and Buffalo.

What are the details on the Cb750? Email me price and pics and I can stop by. MADRID.LIFE@GMAIL.COM
Thanks man, AJ.

tracknicholson
01-12-2015, 3:34 AM
If anyone is into racing like I am, Midnight Mayhem is starting back at LVMS on the 23rd of Jan (6:00PM - 11:30).

I've ran with the Dyna a few times. Would be good to get some more bikes out there that aren't Gixxers and R6s

shiftace
01-12-2015, 12:18 PM
I won't be ready by opening night, but I'm hoping to be able to make some passes by end of Feb. I haven't been back to LVMS since 2006. I had some nasty street raced Mustangs for a lot of years. MM was always a joke due to no track prep and hordes of 18sec ricers dragging water all the way down the track. I went mostly to troll for street race victims for the weekend. I kinda miss it though. I'll make it out to at least watch a few times.

tracknicholson
01-12-2015, 4:12 PM
I won't be ready by opening night, but I'm hoping to be able to make some passes by end of Feb. I haven't been back to LVMS since 2006. I had some nasty street raced Mustangs for a lot of years. MM was always a joke due to no track prep and hordes of 18sec ricers dragging water all the way down the track. I went mostly to troll for street race victims for the weekend. I kinda miss it though. I'll make it out to at least watch a few times.

It's still shitty as far as prep. I knew that when I didn't see one F-Body (Trans am/ Camaro) that night run under a 14.8. Hell, even a Nissan GTR couldn't break out of the mid-12s that night.

I thought I would, at least, be in the high-12s when I ran there. My best time at LVMS was a 13.3 @ 96 (bounced off of the rev limiter). Also it was in June so it was 90s at night.
My average trap speed for the other runs was about a 103 so I'm SURE I could hit 12s this month in the cooler weather with a solid run.

squaco
01-21-2015, 6:29 PM
Anyone here in Vegas know a good indie that won't charge me an arm and a leg to swap a stock Evo cam bearing out for a Torrington? I'm sure I could probably do it, but I'd like to know what my options are as far as paying someone to do it for me. Also, does anyone have a good estimate for how long it takes to get into the cam chest and button it back up again (I'd have to go in through the top because I want to keep my stock pushrods - I'm hoping to keep my parts cost to just the bearing and gaskets)?

WillSCB
01-21-2015, 11:24 PM
Talk to Steve at Dyno Tech out at the speedway. He and his lady are the ones who put on Vintage Bike Night every month, and he works on anything, and is very fair and reasonable.