PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Racer Magazine

revmike
04-03-2010, 9:51 AM
I picked up a copy of Cafe Racer magazine (http://caferacermag.com) yesterday. First time I'd seen it. I was expecting either geezers or some other hype, but it turned out to be a very solid rag with quite a bit of performance stuff thrown in. I think the young guys out there are starting to cause the various "lifestyle" boundaries to blurr, since there is a lot of bleed over between chopper stuff and cafe stuff. Anyway. I'm not a big Mike Seate fan, sorry Mike, nothing personal, but I was pleased by the total lack of hype and personality cults. Maybe I can adjust my view of Seate if this works out...

Of course, it's early still with only issue #8 in their new format. Looks to be bimonthly for now.

Anyway, check it out. Lots of ads by US companies making parts and accessories. Overall very positive.

~Rev Mike

Regulator
04-04-2010, 12:01 AM
I agree...I've bought the last 3 or 4 of them from Tyler at Lowbrow Customs... I was pleasantly surprised when I got my first issue...alot better than what I expected, even though I'm not sure what i was even expecting?!?!...I'm a fan of alot of different types and styles of motorcycles, and I can certainly appreciate a well thought out and constructed Cafe Bike...I 'm into the vintage Triton or Norvin feature's with pics and the owners build stories...Gotta give credit to Mike Seate on this one...

Also, along those same lines...Sideburn Magazine is a pretty damn cool read too...I'm a Flat Track racing fan from way back in the late 60's and early 70's especially...this little magazine (also available from Lowbrow...) is great to read about the old traditional men and machines, as well as the later action...well worth checking out even if you aren't a serious Flat Track racing fan....lot's of great pics of vintage race bikes...pretty cool interviews too!!!

I love it when Tyler sends out his "New Products" e-mails, and has the latest editions of these two magazines in stock...

Larry in MD

ScramTracker
06-02-2010, 1:26 PM
Also, along those same lines...Sideburn Magazine is a pretty damn cool read too...I'm a Flat Track racing fan from way back in the late 60's and early 70's especially...this little magazine (also available from Lowbrow...) is great to read about the old traditional men and machines, as well as the later action...well worth checking out even if you aren't a serious Flat Track racing fan....lot's of great pics of vintage race bikes...pretty cool interviews too!!!

Sideburn is my favorite magazine. I have all 5 issues they have produced but they are starting to show wear and tear from the numerous readings!!! For those who are unfamiliar with it - do yourself a favor and pick up an issue

brandondubya
06-02-2010, 6:05 PM
I was pretty stoked when Ipicked it up about a week ago at Hastings Good mag

Aetsh
06-03-2010, 2:37 AM
It is a pretty good rag, I've only flipped through it, but I'm gonna start snaggin it I think

cmartins1963
05-30-2012, 1:53 PM
Would someone here be interested in selling me the issue #5 of Cafe Racer Magazine?????????
:killerjob::killerjob::killerjob:

choadpanther
06-01-2012, 1:01 PM
Does anyone watch the Cafe Racer TV show on Velocity? Pretty cool show. Some good bios on Cafe builders. Of course they throw in some fluff every now and then, but still worth a watch.