PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta GA riders

xscorex
01-31-2014, 10:58 PM
Currently building an xs, Had to sell my last bike due to divorce. Looking to meet some guys to ride or wrench. I'm out in stone mountain and dont have a garage. Id like to set up a garage space but really Im interested in making new friends and riding. Is there a bike night or something everyone goes to? I see cool bikes all the time but never the riders

bodmodmatt
02-12-2014, 2:31 PM
I live over in douglasville. Not sure of any cool bike nights around but Id be up for riding if we ever thaw out.

lacylanesplitter
03-03-2014, 4:38 PM
Just wanted to give this thread a bump. Cartersville ga. Hey Xscorex how are you with wiring? I just bought new everything. I am so sick of trying to run 40 year old electronics lol.

jack476
03-04-2014, 7:33 AM
There are a bunch of cool dudes to ride with in Atl. There are usually bike nights at a place called the 120 Tavern. I live in north GA right outside of Chattanooga and I am down that way a ton beating the roads down.

lacylanesplitter
03-07-2014, 6:32 PM
The 120 Tavern is in Marietta just for clarification. I went there for one of there bike nights and it was pretty cool. the two things that stand out in my mind where a bikini contest and 50 cent beer(maybe just THAT night dont know) on the down side from someone born and raised in Marietta the cops love to hang out in their parking lot. and have for years. Still....

brocrusher
03-13-2014, 5:31 PM
I have been living in the area a little over a year and reside in grant park near the zoo. Just got my bike but I am learning quickly. If you are ever interested in riding stone mountain let me know. I have been meaning to make it out that way.

lacylanesplitter
03-22-2014, 7:46 AM
Anyone else in the area?

Billydakid
03-23-2014, 8:59 PM
In Acworth, ride thru cartersville every weekend.

lacylanesplitter
03-29-2014, 8:20 AM
Nice. Finally broke down and took my bike to a shop. Should have it back on the road soon.

brocrusher
03-31-2014, 11:04 AM
Nice. Finally broke down and took my bike to a shop. Should have it back on the road soon.

Who did you take it to?

I just recently got bike work done at atlanta motorcycle repair. The people there are legit. Quick turn around time, great work, more than fair prices and honest mechanics. Will not take my bike anywhere else in the state of GA if I can help it.

WarHorse
03-31-2014, 9:20 PM
I'm over in Oxford, AL. I ride with a couple of guys here who are good dudes, just old and not into modifying their ultra classics, know what I mean? I ride over to cedartown and scratch off some lottery tickets when the bug hits me. If any of you come my way, shoot me a PM. I've got a shop with tools in my backyard and need dudes to wrench with

xscorex
04-02-2014, 6:36 PM
Hopefully my xs will be up and running. I want to ride real bad

lacylanesplitter
04-04-2014, 4:07 PM
Who did you take it to?

I just recently got bike work done at atlanta motorcycle repair. The people there are legit. Quick turn around time, great work, more than fair prices and honest mechanics. Will not take my bike anywhere else in the state of GA if I can help it.

i took it to J & R cycles in marietta. old guy seems like he knows his shit. lots of old piles in there right now. saw to cb550's a gs650 and a kz of unknown displacment while i was in there today.

lacylanesplitter
04-04-2014, 4:11 PM
Hopefully my xs will be up and running. I want to ride real bad

hey man, i know the feeling. and im working against a dead line. starting to sweat a bit...

HedleyLamarr
04-04-2014, 7:32 PM
I hang out with a bunch of guys who put together Georgia Moto Ryder (http://www.georgiamotoryder.com/home) for rides, get togethers, and whatnot

it's pretty much all kinds of bikes

we're doing a ride from ATL to Virginia next month to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway

and as far as bike nights, I have't been in a while, but I've had fun going to the Vortex in Little 5 Points on Thursdays...i assume they still have em

lacylanesplitter
05-04-2014, 3:12 PM
Bumping this thread. Anybody out there know of anything going on or want to start something? Camping trip maybe?

bodmodmatt
05-09-2014, 5:12 PM
id like to get something going

Rook
05-14-2014, 8:47 PM
Smokey mountain chopper fest in Franklin NC at the end of the month. I'm rolling out with a few people from buford.

brocrusher
05-16-2014, 8:33 AM
Bumping this thread. Anybody out there know of anything going on or want to start something? Camping trip maybe?

I am totally down with this. There are some great spots in North georgia.

WarHorse
05-18-2014, 7:32 AM
I was actually just talking to a couple of my non-riding buddies at work about putting together a camping trip. Was actually asking if they would be down with driving a trail vehicle, cause they're cool guys, just dont ride. Lemme know if you end up doing something, and I'll do the same.

lacylanesplitter
05-24-2014, 7:34 AM
sounds good. we could deff get more supplies together that way. Who likes what areas for camping? know of any good camp grounds or accessible swimming holes or what have you?

brocrusher
06-06-2014, 7:39 AM
Just a notice for any one interested this is going on tonight.

https://www.facebook.com/events/639535086125985

lacylanesplitter
06-11-2014, 10:37 AM
I have been before. I work in ball ground like an exit away. Its cool. Didn't stay for the band. Beer is kinda pricey. Does anyone have a relative with some hunting ground out in the middle of nowhere? we could do like a camp out/bbq. Just a thought.

Muhkanik
06-18-2014, 5:51 PM
Buffalo Wild Wings by Arbor Place mall is having a bike night tonight.

StraightSix
07-05-2014, 9:52 AM
I'm up in Athens trying to get my XS put back together. Any other shops that y'all have had good experiences with? I'm stumped by what seems to be a carb issue.
Also, Georgia Power has lots of camping and public use areas around their lakes which are good options. Clayton or Talulah Gorge is a pretty easy ride with lots of outdoor activities. I would be down for a weekend trip when I get my XS straight.

lacylanesplitter
07-09-2014, 5:43 PM
hey straitSix, what is your bike doing? i know its a haul but a guy in marietta that i took mine too got my carb issue's strait for me after another shop had failed. J&r cycle in marietta.

brocrusher
07-16-2014, 8:08 AM
Meltasia is going down sept 5th-7th at cherokee farms. Me and a bunch of friends are riding up to go. great bands and camping for three days.

Here is a link to discount tickets.

http://loafdeals.com/r/da43534639939

brocrusher
10-09-2014, 1:15 PM
Any one know of some good fall locations? Looking for some fun roads with a nice fall canopy to cruise under/around.

SneakyPete
12-07-2014, 5:07 AM
I just moved down to ATL (peachtree city actually) from Milwaukee and have been trying to find somewhere to get my bike wrenched on while I'm out of the country for a while. Iv reached the my technical limits and don't have the resources but I'd like to find someone who can show me what's what. I'll be back in town feb/march but if anyone has any info or free time to kick my scoot around that would be fan-fucking-tastic. I've reached out to a few shops but to no avail.

ScreamnVulture
01-08-2015, 3:25 PM
I just moved down to ATL (peachtree city actually) from Milwaukee and have been trying to find somewhere to get my bike wrenched on while I'm out of the country for a while. Iv reached the my technical limits and don't have the resources but I'd like to find someone who can show me what's what. I'll be back in town feb/march but if anyone has any info or free time to kick my scoot around that would be fan-fucking-tastic. I've reached out to a few shops but to no avail.

What are you riding and what's you problem. We are in Griffin

c6vette
01-18-2015, 9:07 PM

I might be able to help also if you can drag that thing to Smyrna. I have a big garage and most tools.

JuggernautCycles
01-20-2015, 12:57 AM
Still having carb issues? I'm in Dacula, about 2 miles from Lawrenceville, which in turn, is not too far away from Stone Mtn. I play motorcycle shop in my home garage and might could help you out.

brocrusher
04-21-2015, 3:47 PM

In East atlanta Village there is a co op work space called brother moto. Has all the tools you need and some people who can help walk you through some things. One down side is that it looks like a hipster clothing store but aside from that its all right

eliminator86
07-30-2015, 7:21 PM
hey were having a swap meet on august 16th, 1310 white street SW, 30310, gonna be a lot of old stuff there, bring anything motorcycle related and grab a corner of the parking lot. Starts at 9:30am, we'll have beer and food and shit, the inside of the warehouse has a bar and stuff, its a cool spot. vendor spots are $5 and admission is free. get in touch with me for more info if you need anything. very unofficial sort of deal so don't ask me too many complicated questions, just come with a truck full of shit, drink some beer and buy cool stuff. were gonna ride around town after and meet up at southern comfort bar outside of town to have a little party afterwards.

GargantaDeChivoTNC
08-05-2015, 12:31 PM
im also in EAV

666bigtrash
11-22-2015, 10:27 PM
just moved here last week. livin in the middle of the city at the moment but soon to be the smyrna area. is there monthy/weekly meets or swaps goin on around here or and decent shops in the area

BoozePig
12-14-2015, 12:23 PM
just moved here last week. livin in the middle of the city at the moment but soon to be the smyrna area. is there monthy/weekly meets or swaps goin on around here or and decent shops in the area

You could meet up every tuesday at Victory in Decatur. That's where all the brother moto guys hang out for their meet up.

British in the City has a meet up every Thursday at Holy Taco in EAV.

BoozePig
12-14-2015, 12:30 PM
If any y'all have an interest in it. Me and some buds make a run up to Wolf Pen Gap every other Month or so. I know it's getting colder but it's a fun ride 180 miles round trip through the mountains. I'll make a post next time its going down.