PDA

View Full Version : 07' nightster

ashak
01-26-2014, 3:26 PM
im in the process of rewiring my sporty.....just looking for some words of wisdom...
what I need...don't need and what to look for. im on my 3rd battery...second one lost was due to my ground rubbing the frame...fixed that issue but not sure what is draining the third....any help?

TimberwolfFXDL
01-26-2014, 5:05 PM
Before everyone jumps down your throat, read this:
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34187

Yep, I agree. Misleading forum title but it is what it is.

HRK123
01-26-2014, 6:45 PM
Assuming they can move the entire thread and you don't have to start a new one, I'll post a reply to this one. A buddy had big issues with a draining battery on his Iron a few years ago. Turned out that all of the spots that the fuses plug into in his fuse box were starting to corrode from the back side. Took out the box and fuses, cleaned up all the connections, and it stopped the drain.

BrokenSprocketGarage
01-27-2014, 7:02 AM
A bad regulator can bleed voltage out of the battery. So can corrosion on the fuses. You could pull the master fuse to see if that stops the draining battery. A faulty ignition switch could drain your battery. The FSM for Electrical Diagnostics should have a milliamp draw test procedure and specification for allowable draw. Do that test first.
I make custom wire harnesses for any HD to your exact specs. Check out Broken Sprocket Garage in the Chop Market section.