PDA

View Full Version : Sporty Tank capacities

outlawTA
01-18-2014, 3:49 PM
I'll get some pictures up later but for now, What are the capacities vs years and style peanut tanks? I have FOUR different Sportster tanks. DIFFERENT ones. But i'm not exactly sure on the capacities or the years of them. Any clarity would be sweet. A table maybe or someone just school my ass. Thanks.:killerjob:

HRK123
01-18-2014, 4:43 PM
2.2, 2.5, 3.2, 3.3, there were a ton - even within the same years different trims had different tanks. Post pics, could probably tell by looking at them.

paulw
01-18-2014, 4:55 PM
also there was a 4.5, it came originally on my 04

outlawTA
01-18-2014, 5:03 PM
The blue s&s one has the same mounting tabs as the flamed one. They both also have the old style twist on cap. The other two are modern vented clicky type screw ons. The greenish blue darker one is fuckin huge and is the only one with left side petcock. The flamed one isn't terribly long but is noticeably fatter than the others. I've managed to figure these one's out as far as what year but still not 100% on capacity. Was wondering if there is a collected reference of model/year/trim/capacity or anything anywhere.

HRK123
01-18-2014, 5:50 PM
The black (or dark blue) one is 3.3 gallons. If it's a left side petcock it's probably from a 2000-ish sportster. The photo of the purple one upside down is likely 2.5, and the red/brownish upside down pic is likely a 2.2 gallon. That's about all I got, sorry. If you search google for specs for each year you could probably get close, not sure there's a master list anywhere.

xllance
01-18-2014, 10:14 PM
Why not just fill them up and see what they hold ?